Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapPoor very POOR!! - Page 2 Voting_barPoor very POOR!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Vote_lcapPoor very POOR!! - Page 2 Voting_barPoor very POOR!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Poor very POOR!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 pm

What Fazza said :2445:

I know what I mean but I struggle to put it in words Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 729386

I would do a "watered down" version with Mimi, but I'd never allow her to do proper sch, I wouldnt have Mags doing anything like that at all, shes too nervy and I wouldnt trust her.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 pm

:2431: ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 pm

i can never type on here what i mean Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 893151

but yes it takes a certain dog to do sport and then a certain dog to do work to
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 am

not lost for words Fazza just didnt have time to comment on what vids u put up

you put this across much like the BBC ped dogs programme so one sided.

you seem to have picked the worst poss vid to show the show gsd they were all very poor but what u didnt mention is that none of these dogs would be titled
as they had all clearly failed.there is many better vids showing show line dogs working very well also as u said this is a sport.
the 2nd vid would not play for me out here

The 3rd did i agree with u the Mali did attack with more vigor however he missed and fell over this would also be a fail in Sch if attacker had gun mali may not have had time to recover( i no helper can make even good dogs look bad by making them miss)
for a dog to be titled he has to get high scores in each excersise low score in any would result in fail, so no title in Sch
there is many more titles that GSD's do not just sch two being BH = ob and ED = endurance which u can do in uk and is advertised each year in breed council mag
this involves Dog gaiting for 12miles with handler on cycle
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:21 am

kenny please read my previous posts i said there are some amazing show dogs out there who do sport did i not i said im shocked how anyone would allow a dog with such lack of nevers to be trained for sch to me that is a DANGER and it is all about money is it not....

yes the mali missed my point was the fact he missed but didnt even take a breath b4 he got right back up and did his job.

its clear thses poor dogs have only been worked in prey, as no where did a defence drive come out. IMO its fine for dogs to be slightly taken back by a shock its the matter of how they deal with it that counts, and early training if done correctly would have shown ANY weaknesses to be improved upon, clearly nowhere had that taken place.

again my point in showing the WORSE poss vid is to the show the worse poss ppl never did i blame the poor dogs for their lack of nerevs they can not help their breeding or training its us humans responsable for that is it not.

i know there are lots of titles show dogs and other dogs can get but OB ed are hardly in line with SCH and IPO hence showing this vid
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:04 am

i no its all down to training , just putting my view across , and i personally dont have the time available that would be needed to train a dog in sch and have no interest in sending a dog to be trained in germany just for a title as so many do from uk.
as i said before we have one of the leading gsd trainers in the uk at our club also with many years experience with the german system
He has trained SCH, IPO AND ATTACK DOGS(Forgot name he used for this)
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 am

yes its all down to training and breeding breeding first as your breeding for drives and balls of steal.

everyone has their own views as a trainer and as a security dog handler who needs a dog who wont ever think about backing off, to me watching that clip made me feel sick..extreme i know but it shows what ppl who dont give a f**k do to their dogs.

these dogs are not put under the same pressure we put our dogs through, but still a lil amount, and it is NOT fair to inflict that stress on a dog not bred to withstand it ppl can argue all they want agaisnt how i feel but that is cruel.

pure and simple.

and show dogs are show dogs they are not working dogs, so if ppl are going to do a sport with their dog either for fun or gaining more money on their pups, then at least have the decency to breed and train a dog that is able to withstand such stress.

its abit like sending in a cocker spaniel to do the job IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor very POOR!!   Poor very POOR!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor very POOR!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2