Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Vote_lcapMakes one stop and think after reading this : Voting_barMakes one stop and think after reading this : Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Makes one stop and think after reading this : Vote_lcapMakes one stop and think after reading this : Voting_barMakes one stop and think after reading this : Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Makes one stop and think after reading this :

Go down 
+4
Sandra
liverbird
Judes
fredsmum
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Makes one stop and think after reading this : Empty
PostSubject: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Michael Richards is better known as Kramer from tv's Seinfeld series.
This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act.
He makes some very interesting points. He said :

I'm proud To Be White
Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this ?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.
You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner , Gook, or Chink ....
You call me a racist.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live ?
You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
OUR lives we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that ?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant,
but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant. If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT would be a racist college..

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights,
you would call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.
But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us....

But , when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or
beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a
threat to society, you call him a racist.
I am proud.
But you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists ?

There is nothing improper about this message

Let's see which of you are proud enough to pass it around your friends
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 pm

I have to say he has some very valid points in that!!
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

:san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50: :san50:

Makes one stop and think after reading this : 18969 well said :san43:
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm

its absolutely true isnt it!!!! Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386
i'm not a racist but my god they rule this whole planet, the world revolves around them, its the same with the pop award( forgot what it's called), but it's only for blacks..

the goverments should stop tip-toeing round these people and send em all home, bring all our troops out of their country and let them all kill each other if thats what they want to do, before they kill us lot from listening to the shite they spout on a daily basis....
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:05 pm

agree Karen Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Male
Number of posts : 593
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 pm

I completely understand what he is saying but at the end of the day.. People are the problem, not colours.. the whole human race is an abomination and when we start attempting to divide ourselves by colour then all we are doing is dusting over a bigger issue..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 Very true!
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:41 pm

eh as some one of mixed race i kinda do agree but also know wat its like to be on the end of racist comments and narrow minded ppl who dont understand nor want to learn other ppls cultures ect

my dads lived in this counrty since he was 18 and has contributed to it more then some britts so to have ppl tell him to f**k off back to his country is a f**king joke wen all they do all day is sit on their fat arses sponging off the goverment!!

but yes it also gets on my tits wen ppl use colour to get wat they want at the end of the day we are all from the same race and thats being human and i totally agree with rich but did like the speach lol
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 pm

GR8GSD wrote:
eh as some one of mixed race i kinda do agree but also know wat its like to be on the end of racist comments and narrow minded ppl who dont understand nor want to learn other ppls cultures ect

my dads lived in this counrty since he was 18 and has contributed to it more then some britts so to have ppl tell him to f**k off back to his country is a f**king joke wen all they do all day is sit on their fat arses sponging off the goverment!!

but yes it also gets on my tits wen ppl use colour to get wat they want at the end of the day we are all from the same race and thats being human and i totally agree with rich but did like the speach lol

Can see exactly where you are coming from hun, it doesn't matter about colour, race or nationality, it's about attitude, :san15:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 pm

Quote :

i applaud you and your family Fazza. and wish all culters colours and creeds could live as one. i was'nt dissing you love honestly
:love:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm

exactly hun i hate it wen ppl say to me cos i wanna get in the police "ohhh your mixed race they have to take you to look fair" f**k off i wanna get in cos im gud nuth not because of the colour of my skin and this follows ppl like me around all the time and it does get on my nerves as you are not seen for you GOD forbid someone finds out your Iranian they either try and run a mile, shout at you as they think you dont understand *even with a very broad northen accent lol* or fake an intrest lol

my god the stories i could tell :san42:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 pm

hun i know no one on here was dont worry bout that im very proud of my culture both british and persian and im passinate about them both lol :love:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm

i know you are hun thats why i would'nt be disrepesctful to you or your family or any other race, :love: it's the moaners that do my head in,

and you have a maligator too Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386

hiya pup :love: lovely boy :san4:
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Exactly.. we are all one race.. we all bleed, breathe, breed and look the same when we die... Looking at it from another point of view.. If the white folk of old hadn't oppressed these many various races, then would there be any need for these pro-black, pro-latin leagues etc? For every action there is a reaction..

@Farah... you should be applauded for being proud and standing up for your culture and heritage.. Misery likes company and that's why racist people will try to back you into a corner.. The best thing in the world is to march to the beat of a different drum imo.. in whatever way that is..
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:47 am

Some valid points for both sides here but it could take days to get points across but the racist thing has gone daft in this country some examples.
when we were at school a blackboard was a blackboard but to be politically correct its now a chalk board even nursery ryhmes have been changed its now not acceptable to say ba ba black sheep have you any wool,its now ba ba little sheep,
My Daughter has black and asian friends at school and i picked her and 2 friends up from the movies one night and the asian girl asked if we could stop at the paki's when my daughter said you should not say that she said well iam a paki and so are they but if my daughter had said this in the street she would have been called racist. Some of you watched cbb it was ok for coolio to say nigger many times but remember the last bb when a white girl used the same word she was put straight of the show . The goverment themselves cause a lot of problem a few years ago when the asylem seekers were getting moved around different areas of the uk The red row towers in glasgow were used to house them, a poor area of the town the locals had been fighting for years to have them upgraded with no joy but 1 whole block was refurbished and given to the newcomers this caused a lot of friction in the area and lead to few newcomers being attacked and even few were killed but a little thought from local goverment could have stopped the trouble before it started why did they not upgrade them all and keep everyone happy
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Its the same here, cant be proud of being white or english/british but everyone else is allowed to be proud.

I thought we were meant to be about equality these days...

Karen, MOBO awards is the one you were thinking of.
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Makes one stop and think after reading this : 729386 thats the one Makes one stop and think after reading this : 639709
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:01 pm

lol yes but kenny was it not the goverments fault they were the ones who didnt listen wen ppl asked for the flats to be done we cant blame other ppl for our shit councils and goverment can we?

i agree with wats being said dont get me wrong PC has gone awol lol but there are also some nasty fuckers out there too
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:50 pm

That's true.. the government never listens.. We will only be free when we live in anarchy in that respect.. Other people who move to this country can't be held to blame for our governments inability to say no..
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 pm

i cant speak of all the place me and my dogs have worked as its confidental but i worked at a imigration detention centre and let me tell you it wasnt nice and human rights did not apply some ppl were from iraq ect fleeing wat had happend *wat we have done* they put sunni's in the same room as shere muslims (sp) and wen fights broke out they wounderd why
if we want to blame someone i think it lies a lot with the goverments not the ppl who need genuine help
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Completely agree.. I think the government is entirely to blame for the majority of these problems.. It's hardly the fault of some normal people who are trying to escape injustice and know something close to freedom..
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:19 pm

exactly i have said this time and time again my dad is fluent in over 5+ launages and we can watch the news and wat the ppl are saying isnt being interpreted at all right my dad sits there and tuts wen i ask why hes says there talking shit they didnt say that at all its shocking how much this actually happens
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Really? See that is what is even more worrying.. the almighty, media, propoganda machine.. I tend to avoid the news altogether.. there is something I don't trust about a need to convey bad news ahead of good news in the way they do.. It's hard to trust anyone as they all have their own agenda..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makes one stop and think after reading this :   Makes one stop and think after reading this : Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Makes one stop and think after reading this :
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next