Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
spaying help please Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
spaying help please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
spaying help please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
spaying help please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
spaying help please Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
spaying help please Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
spaying help please Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
spaying help please Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
spaying help please Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
spaying help please Vote_lcapspaying help please Voting_barspaying help please Vote_rcap 
Sandra
spaying help please Vote_lcapspaying help please Voting_barspaying help please Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

spaying help please

Go down 
+3
Judes
fredsmum
bingnblaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

spaying help please Empty
PostSubject: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:00 pm

ok well ive been thinking for a while that skyla will need to get spayed soon
shes nearly 2 (december) n is due her 3rd season any time now
however im having doubts
im worried bout things going wrong - just thinking bout leaving her in the vets is sending me into a nervous wreck and i havent even booked her in yet! (i wasnt worried bout blaze weirdly enuf) i think its cuz its more invasive - n then i keep thinking about how i would have to have my womb removed so why should she have hers removed - bit like men not wanting to get their males neutered for a similar reason - i cant justify these feelings as i KNOW its better for her as i dont want her to have puppies - she would make a great mum but she doesnt get worked shes not breed standard so cant be shown - n i wouldnt actually want to put her thru that as i know theres a chance i could loose her that way too - i just constantly worry bout her getting spayed incase theres complications - or i loose her - and i also dont want her to gain weight after the spay either as shes a big girl anyway and its taken me a while to get her down to a good healthy suitable weight for her size

so i need pros and cons of a spay to make me feel like me getting this done will not make me feel as bad as i do right now

help please!!!!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm

i totally agree with spaying hun spaying help please 910222 ....
we have enough dogs in rescue without possibly adding to the ever growing numbers, i know youre not thinking of breeding her, but mistakes can happen spaying help please 805515

heres a link that may help you decide spaying help please 910222

http://www.healthyhappydogs.com/Article.SpayingAndNeutering

Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:43 pm

oh i know - n thats my main reason for wanting to get her spayed FAR 2 many dogs in rescue :(
im just worried that something will happen to her
just bout to walk them so will read the link when im back - thanks
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Nix spaying hasnt changed kalas shape at all ......not yet anyway! spaying help please 583730
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I've no idea if having daisy spayed made her fat or if it's just cos she lives with two big dogs and she eats their food spaying help please 300576
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm

skyla eats like a horse always after any food she can find - n i do know 1 white sibe who got REALLY chunky after her spay tho shes a nice weight now i worry skyla will get like it as shes quite deep chested so she wouldnt be able 2 walk if she put weight on lol - n took me ages to get her weight down too

think im deffo gonna get her booked in once she has this season that shes due
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 pm

vets usually like to wait 9 weeks after the season, if your boys been done and she don't go out alone you won't have any problems of puppies, some do add weight after spaying but just cut her food back or more exercise and she should be fine
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:37 pm

I would get her spayed. Its a very routine op, Ive been volunteering at a vets for 18months and now working there for 3 months and havent seen any complications with spays, but saying that, it is a operation so there could be complications, but all i can say is from what i have experienced i havent come across any.
When viva was spay her tummy wound took a little bit longer to heal than usual but shes fine now.
Im definatly for spaying, one reason being the amount of dogs already in this world and another being pyometra.
Pyometra is a very horrible diesease in the womb that can develop in unneutered bitches, it can happen to any bitch any breed any age and left untreated its deadly.
When caught and operated on it can also take a while for the dog to recover, we've had some dogs in that are still really poorly after from the toxic (not eating, unable to walk, vomitting, despression etc) and stay in the vets for up to a week on fluids, some dont recover at all.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 pm

thanks every1
yeh both the boys have been done n had no problems with other males either
i do want to get her spayed but very scared - dunno why cuz i know its for the best and it will be better and healthier for her in the long run :)
think im just gonna get her booked in after her next season (as shes due anytime soon) and just get it done :)
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Daisy took a little longer to recover after being spayed too spaying help please 910222 but she was fine spaying help please 805515 I shall get bella done when she's had her first season... The only reason I haven't had her done before is because Karen would kill me spaying help please 41621
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I know how you feel i keep thinking about getting Mickey neutered spaying help please 910222 to see if it calms him down at all

Infact ive considered doing it myself with a pair of scissors the way hes been acting lately spaying help please 658515

spaying help please 248262

only kidding spaying help please 457589 spaying help please 457589 lol!

Its such a routine operation for a vet to do nowadays but you cant help but worry when its your own dog spaying help please 910222
Ive seen dogs rushed into the vets with pyometra aswell and its horrible i definately think if the dog isnt going to be used for breeding its better to get her spayed spaying help please 910222

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:40 am

It is natural to worry Nix coz we love our furballs but she will be fine hun

Lol Bren...........I dont think cutting anything off of Mickey will calm him down, he is a one off that boy is in a league of his own
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:40 pm

spaying help please 41621 spaying help please 41621 spaying help please 74848 Tell me about it Sandra hes definately a one off spaying help please 457589
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 pm

thanks :) i never worried this much with blaze but then he was starting to growl at us so i know he deffinately needed done
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm

bingnblaze wrote:
thanks :) i never worried this much with blaze but then he was starting to growl at us so i know he deffinately needed done

Did He spaying help please 300576 did he calm down any once he had been done spaying help please 289342

Im seriously thinking of getting Mickey done spaying help please 910222 hes growled at Keira again tonight for no reason spaying help please 2454432500
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:40 am

Thing is Bren, the way I see it, it's not gonna do any harm getting him done, so, I would think go for it, if it doesn't calm him or stop any unwanted behaviour at least he won't get cancer there or get over excited if he gets a wiff of a bitch in season. spaying help please 300576 Nothing to lose in my books hun
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spaying help please   spaying help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spaying help please
Page 1 of 1