Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Change in behaviour after spaying Vote_lcapChange in behaviour after spaying Voting_barChange in behaviour after spaying Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Change in behaviour after spaying Vote_lcapChange in behaviour after spaying Voting_barChange in behaviour after spaying Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Change in behaviour after spaying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Change in behaviour after spaying Empty
PostSubject: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Well Viva has been a nightmare lately and they only thing that i can think of has changed is her being neutered.
I noticed mostly at my last training when she decided to escape from the garden and run around some fields and not come back Change in behaviour after spaying 482195 It was our first training since being spayed. From the start of the lesson she was a pain, almost like she had switched off hearing and her brain. She was a complete bitch. I noticed throughout this week shes been a pain, again like shes not listening to me and is far more interested in everything around her.
She was hypo over the xmas period but i put that down to the snow as she is obcessed with it but im now thinking twice if it was the snow.
She really has worn me down this week. In the house shes fine but when shes outside she just switches off and is far more interesting in sniffing even when i try to distract her.
Could this be where her hormones have changed from the spaying or is it general bad behaviour? Either way im determined to stop this but i thought id ask see if anyone else has had a similar thing after spaying.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:07 pm

i remember posting something similar after fred was neutered :2431: .... he went through a 'stage' where i wondered if i had done the right thing :2431: .... give it a few months hun, give her hormones time to settle and she should be fine, still keep on top of the behaviour though Change in behaviour after spaying 910222
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Kala has been fine but it could be that she is younger. Marley like Fred went through a stage when he was done.
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:25 pm

Oh cool cheers Shelley. I am thinking twice about should i have had her done. Im gonna make sure to nip the behavior in the bud asap. Shes gonna hate me in the next few weeks lol and im gonna try and exercise her more and keep her worn out lol
Even after our 2 hour walk on saturday she was still full of energy Change in behaviour after spaying 981857
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:26 pm

Judes wrote:
Kala has been fine but it could be that she is younger. Marley like Fred went through a stage when he was done.

Okies, Viva 3 now so i should imagine its a bigger change for an older dog.
How old was Kala when she was done?
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:28 pm

i wish now i had fred done a bit younger....i have heard so many times now that i should have had fred done before any bad behaviour and habits had set in, or i should have got them sorted out before i had him neutered Change in behaviour after spaying 981857 ... but then you read so many different opinions on this Change in behaviour after spaying 910222
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Change in behaviour after spaying 300576 Cant remember if Keira changed much Change in behaviour after spaying 300576

Shes always been a bossy stubborn madam Change in behaviour after spaying 658515

She trains well when she wants to and has always been hyper Change in behaviour after spaying 989279
dont think getting her spayed made any difference Change in behaviour after spaying 583730
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Kala was 6 months when she was done, she sailed through it, you would never have thought she'd had an operation. the stitches should have been in 10 days but they were taken out on the 7th day as she had been so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change in behaviour after spaying   Change in behaviour after spaying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change in behaviour after spaying
Page 1 of 1