Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
wormers and flea treatment  Vote_lcapwormers and flea treatment  Voting_barwormers and flea treatment  Vote_rcap 
Sandra
wormers and flea treatment  Vote_lcapwormers and flea treatment  Voting_barwormers and flea treatment  Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

wormers and flea treatment

Go down 
+5
Lainee
Judes
fredsmum
Lorz
jacobrad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

wormers and flea treatment  Empty
PostSubject: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 am

where do you buy yours from
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 am

lately i have just been getting them in pets at home anyone know of any where cheaper???
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 pm

I alternate mine every 2/3 months so nothing can adapt and become immune.

This time round I used Panacur 10% on all 38 dogs, pups inc. Had to weight them all...THAT was fun! Alasdair standing on bathroom scales outside in the compound lifting each dog in its turn.....hee haw! THe hound girlies weighed in the heaviest at 7st and Clyde weighed 6.5st right down to the babies at 10oz!

Next time I will use Drontal...then go for a cheap brand ie Bob Martin or Johnsons, then back to Panacur 10% as it is a broader spectrum and can help with Giardia whereas none of the others do.

Same with Flea treatment, I change each time so the fleas don't adapt. Because I have about 15 cats, fleas are hardy here and especially with the weather so I make sure we are covered really well.

I also use homopathic remedies as well in conjunction with the 'medical' stuff...which I find adds a bit of a boost. Dorwest Herbs, I feel are the best for these things.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Blimey 38 dogs and 15 cats wormers and flea treatment  863498

I never gave it a thought that the fleas could become immune to the same treatment all the time wormers and flea treatment  300576

I'll have to think of that when mine are next due wormers and flea treatment  910222
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

fredsmum wrote:
Blimey 38 dogs and 15 cats wormers and flea treatment  863498

I never gave it a thought that the fleas could become immune to the same treatment all the time wormers and flea treatment  300576

I'll have to think of that when mine are next due wormers and flea treatment  910222

Just think Lice and Nits...they become ammune...same with Fleas. Nasty little buggers!!!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Very true wormers and flea treatment  910222
Don't know why I didnt think of it before wormers and flea treatment  658515
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

i use what the vet gives me with the vet plan wormers and flea treatment  910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

i use what the vets give me too....but i might ask for a change next time wormers and flea treatment  300576
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

i use advocate for molly and frontline on the other two. Drontal i use on them all but used cestam the previous time....only coz it was on offer on Vet UK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Lainee wrote:
i use advocate for molly and frontline on the other two. Drontal i use on them all but used cestam the previous time....only coz it was on offer on Vet UK

Is it the Advocate combination you use?

Advocate and Cestam (Known on the Contenant as Cestal) can't be used on Puppies, Lactating bitches or Pregnant bitches.
Drontal can be used on Pregnant bitches but you have to watch the dosage and the timing.
Panacur 10% can be used on everything, so covers a multitude including all G-tract and respiratory nematodes.

On a lighter note....I recently read these remedies (I don't normally knock homopathic ways, but...)

1. Pick a large handful (or more) of grass that is more than about 8 inches long. Mix it with a can of dog food or raw hamburger. Make sure that the grass is coated in the food.
Feed it to your dog like that.
How it works: The hungry worms go straight for the food and get tangled/caught in the grass. The more the more they try to escape, the more tangled they get. The come out with the grass when the dog poops it out.

2. Feed the dog grease (from cooked bacon, duck, goose, etc), and/or lard.
How it works: The grease makes the dog's stomach and intestines greasy, which causes it to be very slippery for the worms. The worms have nothing to hold on to and come out in the poop. The dog may have greasy-watery poop, but the worms will be gone.
Back to top Go down
debbie

Number of posts : 243
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

i use frontline and advocatexx
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:56 pm

I use Drontal plus (i think its called) and frontline for the flea treatment and i get them from Vetuk they are alot cheaper wormers and flea treatment  910222
I think Stronghold flea stuff is good too
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:53 pm

This past few months I used Drontal for the puppies and a panacur paste for Shady. but.... have not wormed or deflead any of my dogs in 3 years,
there's been no need for it.
wormers and flea treatment  583730
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Usually what the vets give me wormers and flea treatment  910222
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wormers and flea treatment    wormers and flea treatment  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wormers and flea treatment
Page 1 of 1