Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
flea and tick prevention Vote_lcapflea and tick prevention Voting_barflea and tick prevention Vote_rcap 
Sandra
flea and tick prevention Vote_lcapflea and tick prevention Voting_barflea and tick prevention Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

flea and tick prevention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

flea and tick prevention Empty
PostSubject: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 pm

i thought this might be a useful link for those of you who dont want to use chemicals on your dogs...

i thought you might find it useful in partiular paula after the nasty episode with mimi

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/forum/8960.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Great post Shelley, thank you :love:

http://www.sdearthtimes.com/et0696/et0696s4.html

There is a link on there too, havent read it yet but putting it here so I dont lose it flea and tick prevention 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:19 pm

no problemo... just call me linky langharr lol :2431:
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 pm

:san42: :san42: :san42:
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Feed your pets fresh, whole foods - try to avoid meat by-products, preservatives and artificial colorings. Add either brewer's or nutritional yeast, fresh garlic or flaxseed oil (found at health food stores) to pet food for skin health and flea repellent. My dogs Sophie and Hamlet love the taste.
I use PETA's recipe for the skin: slice up two lemons and pour nearly boiling water over them, then soak overnight. The next day, strain the liquid and pour into a spray bottle. The dogs get spritzed liberally and then the solution is massaged into their coats. Citrus oil kills and repels fleas and the pooches smell great, too. I spray their bedding, as well. Cats hate to be sprayed and find citrus offensive, so for felines, make a solution of one ounce pennyroyal oil (also found at health food stores) with 18 ounces of water. Sponge this solution onto kitty and massage it into the coat. You can also spray dogs with this solution - they don't mind. WARNING: Be sure to dilute pennyroyal - it can be toxic to pets if used alone. Skin that is irritated from scratching and flea bites can be soothed by applying aloe vera, nature's miracle healer.
Treatment for your house and yard. Most flea eggs are laid on bedding, not the living host. So commit to vacuuming rugs, floor cracks and furniture frequently, every two to three days, during the peak flea seasons - summer and fall - especially if there is an abundance of rain. Flea eggs can still hatch in the vacuum bag, so invest in extra bags and change them after each use. In severe cases, rugs should be steam-cleaned. May 5th is "Be Kind to Pets Week": give your pets the gift of cedar-filled beds, which repel fleas, with removable covers that you can launder often. You can also place sticky paper flea traps and a small light bulb in a darkened room to attract fleas. For the yard, WTC recommends beneficial nematodes - tiny worms that infect and kill flea larvae. They can eliminate over 90 percent of larvae in 24 hours following the first application.

This is excellent, if it works :2445:

I will be experimenting with this one in the summer flea and tick prevention 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:26 pm

ooooh i think i will have a go at the sprays myself lol.... flea and tick prevention 729386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flea and tick prevention   flea and tick prevention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flea and tick prevention
Page 1 of 1