Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Vote_lcapProblems with pet passport and boarding kennels Voting_barProblems with pet passport and boarding kennels Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Vote_lcapProblems with pet passport and boarding kennels Voting_barProblems with pet passport and boarding kennels Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aliceojen

aliceojen

Female
Number of posts : 2
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Empty
PostSubject: Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels   Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Im not sure if this is just a rant.
We are travelling from Spain to the Uk in August for our daughters wedding. We need a kennels in North devon for Alice for 4 days We were refused by a kennels near the venue because we hadnt been in the Uk for a month. Something to do with the european tick. I replied that surely this is what a pet passport is all about and the fact that dogs have to be wormed and administered antiparasite by a vet 24 hours before entering the UK. The kennels replied something along the lines of...rules is rules !!
Is it me ??
So now Im on quest to find out the truth
DEFRA have no such ruling.
Maybe I should just get Alice a bridesmaids dress !!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels   Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

ooh i dont know anything about this tbh, hopefully someone will be able to help you, i do however have a friend who lives in spain and she has two dogs who she occasionally brings over with her, i could copy and paste your post and shee if she is any the wiser Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels 300576
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
aliceojen

aliceojen

Female
Number of posts : 2
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels   Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks . I dont think its a problem our end. I think that somehow kennel owners are making their own rules. As far as I can gather the european tick is the normal tick we get here and Frontline zaps then anyway.
Alice is very put out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels   Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Choose another Kennel.

As Kennels are privately run and owned they can add their own rules and regs to the Govermental ones.
Even if this 'rule' is not one stipulated by DEFRA doesn't mean that the Kennel cannot enforce it for their own peace of mind.
Its upto them really who they let in.

Google it, or if you are on FB then ask for some recommendations.
I have a very good friend down there so I will ask her when she phones at the weekend if she knows of any good ones if you like.
The one I know is Braddon House Kennels near Bideford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels   Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with pet passport and boarding kennels
Page 1 of 1