Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Anyone else have this problem? Vote_lcapAnyone else have this problem? Voting_barAnyone else have this problem? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Anyone else have this problem? Vote_lcapAnyone else have this problem? Voting_barAnyone else have this problem? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Anyone else have this problem?

Go down 
+5
liverbird
SUMMER
Sandra
jacobrad
BrenA
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Anyone else have this problem? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Do any of you who have more than one dog have this problem

My two dogs will sit and behave themselves for OH all night but as soon as i walk into the room they start fighting Not real fighting Anyone else have this problem? 482195 more squabbling type of fighting I think they are both trying to get my attention as they know i will sooner or later shout at them to STOP IT :redangry: I wouldnt mind if it was occasionally but it is every time i am in the same room as them Its so frustrating :wqq: They do eventually calm down and both like sleeping near me Mickey usually has his head on my feet

OH reckons its my bad energy :Angry: I think its more like im a soft touch and they push their luck when they are with me They always playfight in the house when with me but never when OH is in the room I always try to stop it but Mickey usually starts it then hides behind the table wanting me to chase him I used to try catch him but dont bother now because im sure he was deliberately doing it to get me to chase him Anyway if i ignore him he starts barking at me which then gets Keira annoyed She is like my little bodyguard She has to poke her nose in and tell Mickey off when im trying to deal with him :shutittt: I put him in the hall on his own for 5 minutes if he gets too cheeky or put Keira in the conservatory
I feed both dogs take them both to training and i am not soft on them but they really are taking the piss sometimes :wqq: :wqq: :wqq:

Anyone got any suggestions
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:23 am

have you tried just ignoring it, if they are doing it to get your attention , been shouted at is their reward , or maybe if they start when you walk in the room , take the dogs in another room , if they behave bring them back in , then their reward for behaving is been with you,
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:52 pm

I wonder if they do it because they are excited to see you home 🤔

I was watching CM the other night, and all the dogs were calm, bar the one he was seeing to, anyway, when he got this dog to not be afraid of water, the dog relaxed and and happy, then his dogs and another one all started playing and chasing eachother, he said the dog that was scared of the water energy started the dogs to celebrate, 🤔 does that make any sense to anyone reading it
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:29 pm

:nhy: :nhy: :nhy: :nhy: :nhy: :2445:
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:41 pm

my 3 are the opposite Jan they are good for me but as soon as i go out they run riot, Shady will find something to chew, :Angry: Bailey will run in and out the back door chasing imaginary cats, Tilly sits by the front door whining, :Anyone else have this problem? 170113 and all this is with my OH sitting there Anyone else have this problem? 729386 needless to say he hates it when i go out. if we go out together leaving the house empty i lock them in the yard, after all i cant hear Bailey yapping like a poodle Anyone else have this problem? 482195
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Well,cos i'm on my own my 3 just take the piss all the time :2431:

Seriously though,i know i'm too soft with them,i dont mean to be
its just the way i am.Having said that though,when i am firm with them
thats when i get results,its just remembering to keep it up.
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 pm

awww Jan it's so easy to be soft with them tho :love:
i'm soft with mine too but assertive too. Anyone else have this problem? 867525
they dont do as they are told for any one else tho, and Shady pushes her luck with me at times
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:25 pm

On times, Gazi calls bryn and he just stares at the floor ignoring him :2445:

Misty just takes the piss outta him :san42:

Hazel and Ellie will listen to him :love: they ignore my brothers commands unless he has food :2445: (yes he is still here)

They listen to me but always get excited when I come home like Brens dogs, but they stop when I tell them, Misty is the worst, she will try to be like Mickey, but she is older now and calms quicker when I tell her
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm

we have this problem with fred.... i can walk in the room and he hardly makes a fuss until i go to him... but when my OH comes home on a friday night ...you can hear fred all the way over the road...whining and barking jumping about and running around... my OH has ignored him for as long as half an hour and fred slightly calms down, but instead runs about making a high pitched yap Anyone else have this problem? 482195 ... then if he does eventually calm down, the minute my OH fusses him, he starts again....

hes even growled at my OH when hes taken something off him that hes got out of the bin.. he wouldnt do it t tia, she could have gone over to him and he would have released it or just kept hold of it lol....

when its just me and fred in the house.... he is impeccably behaved Anyone else have this problem? 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Nope i have no trouble with my 2
They don't take the piss... all rules applied the first day they walked through my door still apply today, i'm very consistant with them.. some would say a meany mummy :2431: they are very happy muttlies and know their boundries Anyone else have this problem? 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:10 pm

i was wayyyyyyy too soft when i first got fred .... im not now, mabe this is why we struggle with rules :2431:
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

i am very firm with mine , but in different ways , bonnie is a hard bitch and you really need to use your voice with her, mindy and tammy are quite sensitive so a firm no is enough , gemma well what can i say, i think someone sneaked her in the litter when i wasn't looking, she's stubborn, ignorant, deaf, overpowering, don't believe in the word obedient , but she is the most friendly girl you could wish to meet, and i do love her , Anyone else have this problem? 482195 honest 🤔
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

jacobrad wrote:
gemma well what can i say, i think someone sneaked her in the litter when i wasn't looking, she's stubborn, ignorant, deaf, overpowering, don't believe in the word obedient

is she related to fred then :san42: :san42: :san42:
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 pm

:san52: feel sorry for you if she is, she frustrates the hell out of me, i know there is a obedient dog in there somewhere , both her mum and gran did obedience , if you said to gems sit , she would probably shit thats how stubborn she is :Booboo:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:01 pm

:nnnnnnnn: :nnnnnnnn: :nnnnnnnn:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 pm

awww bless, i know how frustrating it can be... for the last 6 or so months fred hasnt been allowed out of the back door into the garden unless he sits and waits first.... you would think that after all this time he would have got it by now.....

:nhy: he still hs to be told Anyone else have this problem? 482195
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 pm

:ces: for all your replies

Yes ive tried ignoring them that usually starts another fight because Mickey will bark at me and Keira will then tell him off This is when i will put Mickey out in the hall on his own but i cant leave him there long as he will just amuse himself chewing the bannister or skirting board I cant put him outside in the garden because he will start barking
They are happy to see me and maybe it is over excitement causing the fighting Anyone else have this problem? 482195 Mickeys first owner just used to crate him rather than try and deal with his cheekiness I dont want to have to get the cage out as i dont think he learns anything from that :nhy: He does seem to be constantly hyped up and ready to play fight Even Keira gets fed up of him being cheeky and barking at her aswell as me Its when he isnt getting his own way or when you say the word NO to him

Im hoping its his age He is 11 months old now I do remember Keira being a pain at this age aswell wanting constant attention
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm

after being on a dog forum for a while ive learnt that male dogs are much worse than bitches.. fingers crossed its a phase and he will grow out of it
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Anyone else have this problem? 18969 Anyone else have this problem? 18969 Anyone else have this problem? 18969 Anyone else have this problem? 18969 Anyone else have this problem? 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm

be prepared for one phase after another lol.... im still waiting for fred to grow out of his :2431:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:32 pm

We had just got Keira through the bad girl teenager stage So what did we do got another one twice as cheeky Anyone else have this problem? 314106

We must be mad :san24:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Awww Mickey has just had a nightmare jumped up and come and put his head in my lap for a love :love: He is a little sweetie occasionally Anyone else have this problem? 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

lmao bless him :love: hes a mummys boy Anyone else have this problem? 729386
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:50 pm

:wqq: :wqq: :wqq: :wqq: I take it back :wqq: :wqq:

The little shit has been outside and trashed the plants i bought at the garden show

He has chewed them up and is now ripping the plant pots to pieces :Angry:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 pm

:2431: the little fooker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else have this problem?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next