Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
freds barking in the street Vote_lcapfreds barking in the street Voting_barfreds barking in the street Vote_rcap 
Sandra
freds barking in the street Vote_lcapfreds barking in the street Voting_barfreds barking in the street Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

freds barking in the street

Go down 
+3
Judes
Sandra
fredsmum
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

freds barking in the street Empty
PostSubject: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:05 pm

im a little confused.... of late i think freds been taking a particular dislike to some people and barking at them....

today when we went out on our walk... we rounded the corner and there was a lady coming out of her gate and fred barked at her!!.... as we were further down the road i met up with an old friend, her and fred had never met.... fred barked at her and luckily she didnt care and igored him and went to stroke him to which he was absolutely fine, and then in the pet store his favourite assistant was busy so fred barked at her, i think it was because she was ignoring him, its a good job she knows him lol... so i was wondering if his barking at people isnt out of agression but could it be out of attention... and how can i be careful not to confuse the two???
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 pm

How could you be careful not to confuse the two? 🤔 Good question 🤔

Bryn can be similar, Gazi swears he must be blind, coz even if we bump into Gazi in the street Bryn barks at him 🤔

Off lead he doesn't bark at anyone 🤔 it's only if I hold his collar or he is on the lead!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm

its quite confusing lol.... i wouldt like to think he was barking at someone and not worry about it then he savages them :2431: i do correct him every time he does it.... but it doesnt seem to be sinking in very quickly :nhy:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Marley barks at certain people in the street but I always know when its attention or when its agressive. When its aggressive he rears up on his hind legs but quickly gets put in his place Marley barks at Jon and Linzi when they pull up on the drive, when one of them walks down stairs.

when he is on the beach off lead he is great.......I think it must be a shepherd thing!! 🤔
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 pm

I would have thought his bark would be different when he is aggressive and when he is just barking for attention... I know BB's bark changes with a massive variation
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:25 pm

i thought i knew until i was told that they can still wag their tail even when being agressive... so now im confused.. i think its more him wanting to get to people, but having a great big hairy shep in your face barking,not many people want to stroke him,unless theyre very brave lol... sometimes his barking is different ... if a person shows fright or makes a loud noise it makes him worse 🤔
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 pm

🤔 I am not sure, I don't think Bryn would hurt a fly, it's just something he does, even when I try and stop him he still mumbles it.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:30 pm

lol fred does the same.... if i tell him to shut up in the house hes still grumbling to himself ..... fred does stop barking the minute i correct him, unless its another dog, then that takes time lol,unless i divert his attention before he sees it...
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:31 pm

If BB is in one of his strops shall we call it :2431: His tail wags slow, his eyes go hard... in general he has really soft eyes and the bark is deep, he usually barks like a poof otherwise :2445:
This is of course just my experience with BB.. he's fear aggressive
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:32 pm

I thought Marley was being friendly too Shelley cos he was wagging his tail but was told they can still do that when showing agression 🤔 I know Marleys attention bark and also know the one where I know he's not sure of something.
We are working on it!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

i think i shall record fred next time he does it and then you guys can tell me what you think....

i do believe its frustration ... but then he can be unpredictable so i just dont know lol...

fred barks like a poof too if i dont go towards the racecourse, hes yapping and whining like a little dog :2445:

same here jude i know when freds bark is for attention, i just cant work out this new barking at people lol... the wagging tail has got me confused now too ... i had nothing like this with my last dog, he was just nasty with other people and dogs on the street,but perfect in every other way lol, no two ways about it...
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm

bump for fazbo to see
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Oh, I dunno. Maggie barked a few times at people in the pet shop but that was for attention. There was obviously nothing nasty looking about her though, after one quick yap, the people have all turned around to see then started stroking her which
she loved.

I dunno about Fred though, I cant see any aggression in him when I've seen him. Sometimes hes looked excited though but never scary at all :nhy:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm

this is what im thinking paula... hes overly excited, so when hes barking and wagging and hopping about... its easily mistaken for agression.... i just want to be sure of him ... i dont want him chomping into anyone :2431:
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

I cant see it Shelley but you know him best, do you think he would bite someone for no reason in a shop? :nhy: :nhy:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 pm

no i dont hun tbh.... its his sudden barking at people that scares me though, i dont know why hes started this .... i worry in case someone retaliates one day and this sparks him off.... hes soft as muck at heart and doggy people can see that.... but its the jo regulars that wont...
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Until you get a better answer, short lead around people so hes easier to manage if he kicks off (which I'm sure you do anyway) and avoid anyone that stands there giving him evils as if hes a monster, you know the sort I mean freds barking in the street 729386

Could also try the treat thing again too, give strangers a treat to give him, but if its all excitement, that might make him worse 🤔

Oh, dont allow anyone to stroke him unless hes sat nicely too, this is one I try my hardest with but other people dont really help me out with it freds barking in the street 482195
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 pm

i do all of the above hun... hes getting better and if i see someone before he does that i know he will bark at i calm him down by talking and treats.... hes not too bad, hes not like it every day.... but when he is hes bloody annoying

the getting him to sit and be calm is a total no goer, he jumps up at everybody, whereas we had that sorted a while ago, i do pull him down and tell him to sit... but other people dont help much.... freds barking in the street 482195
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Keira is exactly the same Shelley freds barking in the street 729386 I know she is really friendly but it does give people the impression that she is a monster

Mickey on the other hand is pretty quiet but we have noticed that he has gone nuts barking when he has seen small dogs :2431: Both times the dogs have been tiny little pups It wasnt nice :nhy: and very embarrassing Im wondering if he thinks they are cats because he reacted the same way as he does when he sees mojo barking and whining Ive booked him into training starting at the end of June and im dreading the first night just incase he is small dog aggresive :san41: Im gonna find out what breeds are booked in before i go also taking OH just incase he kicks off He behaves better for Mark than me

He also barks for attention at me and at Keira when we have both had enough of him He behaves like a spoilt brat sometimes freds barking in the street 925943
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 pm

your two sound pretty much like fred rolled into one bren :2431: .... i never thought that fred may see smaller dogs as cats.... but then he can bark at dogs of all sizes, depends what mood hes in .... hes with mo and zep in july, so fingers crosed they help me with it
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Im sure they will sort him out Gutted that i couldnt get to their Saturday training because of my job I do need to still go over to see them and sort out Mickeys id chip info He is still registered to the previous owner :2431: They did ask us to work on his offlead work but we are having to be extra careful just incase he sees other dogs so he doesnt get offlead on every walk :nhy: I will feel happier once i see what he is like with other dogs near him at training freds barking in the street 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 pm

i have everything crossed for this training with zep... but i know whats going to happen... fred will be introduced to mo and zeps dogs and then he will be fine... but i already know this can happen when introduced properly, i want him to encounter loads of different strange dogs each day that he hasnt got to know and not have him bark at them or any strays etc ... if you kwim lol....
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:49 pm

I kwym Shell, that's what I would Misty to go back to being like, but I cannot totally trust her :nhy:

I also know how you feel, I have 4 dogs, OK Ellie is a baby but is so out going, nothing phases her, Hazel is a dream, Bryn is great without Misty, and then there is Misty :san42: She is back to NILIF and is now walked seperately till she behaves again freds barking in the street 482195
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Ohh and wanted to add, the pleasure I get from walking the other 3 is great, no worries where I take them and their behaviour, but it's not like that with Misty, I have gone back to getting home with her feeling drained freds barking in the street 434936
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

some days i love our walk.... and could stay out all day... other days, when hes playing up i dread it... i just want every day to be a good day.... if all zep achieves is fred ignoring other dogs when on a lead... i will be very satisfied, i dont mind leashing him when theres other dogs running free... thats not a problem...

3 out of 4 dogs isnt bad sange :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: freds barking in the street   freds barking in the street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freds barking in the street
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next