Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
dog training Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
dog training Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
dog training Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
dog training Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
dog training Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
dog training Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
dog training Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
dog training Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
dog training Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
dog training Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
dog training Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
dog training Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
dog training Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
dog training Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
dog training Vote_lcapdog training Voting_bardog training Vote_rcap 
Sandra
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

dog training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trish

trish

Female
Number of posts : 20
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-28

dog training Empty
PostSubject: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm

i had a trainer come last week to help with tanya pulling on the lead and lungeing at cars i couldnt believe it she behaved and hardley pulled espesially when she held her . i try to do what she showed me but it dosnt work the same . i am gutted as i realy love to walk and would love to take her out more often but she pulls so much i am ready for home by time i get to top of road. i used k9 training from huddersfield and they came to me as they said it too far to take tanya as this could stress her out . so i back to drawing board again i dont want to go back to the halti as she hates it and trys to get it of that much she scratches and cuts her nose
realy fed up . :cryyyyyy:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-28

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:18 pm

hun did they not show you how to do it there and then? as a trainer i never leave untill the owner knows how to walk the dog correctly and im always on the other end of the phone if my clients need more help

what did they teach you to do wen she lunged at cars ect? and wen she pulls

it is disheartning i know wen your dog pulls as it makes for a horrid walk but it is quite simple to correct but you have to be shown how really

what way were you shown hun :love:
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:59 pm

they did show me i paid for 1and half hrs and she stayed 2 bless and she was realy lovely and we went for a walk she wanted me to walk tanya on my left side which was weird as i walk her on my right but i did it . she showed me how to use my check chain coller correctley its half web half chain as i dont want to hurt her .told e if she pulls to lean in with my right hand and rattle the coller as i gentley give it a tug to the side . same as if we pass a car gentley tug to side t distract her from it praise her also we did reward with treats so i bought hip bag and that all excited and it gone pear shape she came into season begining of week she only 9mths and she not a happy girl . the lady has rung to see how i am and emailed me some practise sheets but it not the same when she did it then i did it on my own i felt realy upset
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:07 pm

i personnally wouldnt be checking a 9 month old hun just my opinion the lady sounds nice and all but there are lots of ways to teach your dog to stop pulling

with a dog as young as yours i would really be using treats more and checking less i would be taking out warm meat with me such as garlic sosage and encouraging her to stay by my side that way

show her the treat and she will want to chew it *keep the treat near your side* and as soon as shes at your side and chewing YES and praise hun and keep doing this just and praising her with your voice ect you wont get anywhere fast but it works in the long run

none of mine pull and this is how i train my young working dogs and any i rescue

another way is to put her semi check high up on her neck but im not one for using compulsion on a young dog unless really needed i have a clip of me training mine somewhere which has helped a couple of ppl on here

if shes in season they do become silly lol xx
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:11 pm

she deffinaley is silly bless her its just perserver i know as love her to bits and i wont give up top of the road and round the bend will happen 1 day i sure ha
chers chuck
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:14 pm

awww bless ya it will :love:

heres a clip of me messing round with mine you see we with my malinois *the ginger skinny dog lol*

wat im doing with him is how i get the nice heelwork i have with my shep

think this is the one sange used to help her lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9NwZHSO1U
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

just watched it that was brill wish i could have the confidence to think i could even get tanya to walk 3 steps as close :ces:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:30 pm

i start off with mine sitting by my side teaching them how close i want then take A step and reward move up to three steps then 4 and so on and reward at the exact min the dog does what i want

then to get more presice work we with hold the reward to make the dog work more for it

does that make sence lmao
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:36 pm

yeah that makes sense she said you have to make them work for it i make her sit before i give her treats toys and food . she now sits streight away for me to open door then for her lead on and off she very brite so brite i think she knows i a softy
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:41 pm

lol yea they always know we love them far too much lol

yes it getting the message across to the dog what you want so they understand i like to use food in the begining but i use toys more once the precise work has been done as my dogs are trained to bite they LOVE to rag on things so this is the greatest reward for them food however isnt lol so i use food for stuff that dont require a high reward
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:47 pm

what dogs were those in the vid were 1 a belgian shepherd ?
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:50 pm

yes one was my working belgian malinois *BSD* and my retierd German Shepherd and you may have saw our lil BC too lol
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm

what do you do with them they looked brill do you train obedience or something soz i bit slow yeah you said you give them your number if they got probs (people you help i think ) wish you lived near me lol :san54:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:02 pm

no dont do obedience i train for sports such as schutzhund and working tirals but as they are working Security dogs i never find the time to compete only manage to get to clubs and seminars now and then lately *sigh*

used to do agility with them too which is fun apart from the ppl lol

they are good dogs but they are far from perfect hun my Malinois is very Defencive which is great for work but hes not a pet in anyway hes even too high in defence drive for sport my GSD bitch is great tho can switch on and off very easily lol my god the jobs me and her have done in the past lol

ppl i help always have my no yea its just about teaching the handler how to communicate and handle the dog correctly and the dog will fall in line easily as its just a matter of miss communication
Back to top Go down
trish

trish

Female

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm

wel cheers chuck gonna jump in tub ready for another day at work but thanks for your time and advice hope to speak to you again soon thanks :san14:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

keep persevering hun... i still after nearly 2yrs lol... were slowly getting there with the walking :2431:
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

no worries hun good luck :love:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dog training Empty
PostSubject: Re: dog training   dog training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dog training
Page 1 of 1