Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Vote_lcap*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Voting_bar*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Vote_rcap 
Sandra
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Vote_lcap*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Voting_bar*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*

Go down 
+2
Judes
fredsmum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Empty
PostSubject: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 pm

*IMPORTANT*

DOGS AND FLOOD WATER:

People are allowing their dogs to go out enjoying the puddles, overflowing lakes, water running down the road, you name it, the dogs are loving it.... and let's face it, when you have walked your dog in the wet, and he is already wet - well why not?

Please don`t allow it. Don`t even allow your dog to drink from flood water whether it's running or standing evaporating. This country has seen floods never experienced before in such a short period of time, and contamination is very high, and as per usual, we are not ready for it in terms of safety and coping.

I am waiting to hear of the result of a very sad fatality of one of our previous residential training dogs with no known cause when she died at the vets. She was due to come in to us this week, and instead of that, the poor girl has lost her life. The cause was not found and she deteriorated so quickly, that within 48 hrs she lost her life whilst having a blood transfusion just to try something as a last attempt to save her. Her family tell me that she was well and fine 48 hrs before they lost her. This was a much loved dog, a family companion, and a real lovely girl of 3 years old. Goodness knows what the cause of death on bloods will reveal, but we all need to be very aware.

Sewage – pesticides – road kill – rat poison – slugs – frogs – toxic plants – farm slurry – weed killers

All fermenting, and running through some of this flood water and water standing in ditches and pools. I am sorry if you are all feeling very sick at the thought, but if it saves your dog being ill or worse, by you walking around such areas with your dog on a lead, then its worth it.

I have only witnessed some of the slurry from the roads of Egginton that have lain in pools, and having started to think of the intermingling of such terrible things, and I talked to a friend who spent lots of years in India during the monsoons, he was telling me of the dangers they all face with their children too !! He says it's the same issues, but it's accepted and understood, as they are used to this type of weather their animals have also built up antibody cover - the contamination that we have at present in this country we would never have antibodies to cover, and it is suddenly hitting us in the flood water.

So. When you take your dog out for a walk with this freakish weather about, take your dog a bowl and a bottle of water. Its warm weather, even though its wet, and most dogs will seek a drink – offer it often.... watch your dog if off lead, and unless you have a fantastic recall, just for now, don`t let them go roaming to find bad areas.

I am sorry to sound like the grim reaper, but the more I hear of the contamination that lies there, the more I cringe at our dogs running through it and lapping it up. Too late when it's done.

Last edited by fredsmum on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:14 pm

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 131216 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 502966 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 574125 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 265546 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 265546
Back to top Go down
katrinbellyeu

katrinbellyeu

Female
Number of posts : 608
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 pm

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 910222 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 265546 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 131216
Back to top Go down
http://www.einherzauf4pfoten.com/
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:54 pm

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 502966 good post shell thanks any chance of making it sticky *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 300576
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Ooh bugger, thought i already had *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 74848
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 pm

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 131216
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 pm

fredsmum wrote:
Ooh bugger, thought i already had *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 74848
*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 658515 ya might of done hun. I didnt check *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 41621 *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 41621
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Very good post. Leptospirosis is something to be aware of with flood water even puddles or sitting water i.e on bird tables etc. Its not only dangerous to animals but we can become infected too. Ive seen a few dogs with suspected Lepto now and its a horrid thing and they unfortunately didnt make it :(
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:36 pm

I was forever telling my mates to stop their dogs drinking out of puddles or non flowing rivers....it worries me *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* 910222
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*   *DOGS AND FLOOD WATER* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*DOGS AND FLOOD WATER*
Page 1 of 1