Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Vote_lcapDoes anybody feed their dog Beta? Voting_barDoes anybody feed their dog Beta? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Vote_lcapDoes anybody feed their dog Beta? Voting_barDoes anybody feed their dog Beta? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Does anybody feed their dog Beta?

Go down 
+8
GR8GSD
slynico
jacobrad
Sandra
Lainee
SUMMER
Judes
BrenA
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Do any of you feed your dogs Beta Mickey has become really hyper and quite aggressive towards other dogs in the last few weeks and i have been told it is probably to do with me feeding him Arden Grange It doesnt suit him and is making him hyped up all the time 🤔 He has really struggled to stay calm this week jumping up and getting over excited about everything Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 482195 Even when he was sleeping he was breathing really heavy We assumed it was either the warm weather or that his hormones were kicking in as another thing he has been doing is attacking Keiras bed and trying to hump it :2431: :2445: Thank god she has been spayed

This does make sense as he has been having small amounts of AG with RAW The reason for this is because Keira was getting constipated on just RAW and she also seemed to be putting weight as fat so we brought back the AG for her He would get mostly RAW and Keira mostly AG Anyway they have had no RAW for the past week as i hadnt gone to the supplier only AG and tuna The trainer has advised me to stick to RAW mostly chicken wings or try Beta Id rather keep both dogs on the same food so am gonna try them on Beta I will still keep Mickey on RAW mostly chicken wings as he loves them Keira on the other hand isnt that keen on chicken wings but loves the minced tripe
Anyone had temperament problems caused by diet?
And do any of you feed your dogs Beta?
Funny how you dont see these things until someone points them out to you 🤔
I need to sort it out asap He was a nightmare at training Last night he was constantly kicking off at other dogs being pretty aggresive and he wasnt much better tonight :sadd: He isnt normally like this :nhy:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 am

Marley is on Arden Grange having changed him over fron Royal Canin, I have seen no behaviour change in him with it, though he often tries to hump his own bed :2431: Marley can be aggresive towards some dogs and others he's fine with I think it all depends if their face fits I think! He hates springer spaniels for some reason!

Kala is on Beta puppy food as thats what Sue had her on i tried Marley on it once but it gave him the runs so Sue might be able to be more help to you. Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 729386

Last edited by Judes on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:07 am

My three are on skinners duck and rice and i wouldnt give them
anything else,they are all healthy happy dogs. Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 729386
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 am

My three are on wainwrights.
What is the protein on the Beta food? I have found the lower the better.
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:57 am

I have to be honest and say that I have never seen behaviour change with mine when I have changed food, however, that doesn't mean Mickey is/isn't hyper through his food.

When I started having behaviour problems with Misty, I had her on RAW, her breeder said to put her on Burns, it made no difference, now she is on Skinners and I still don't see that it has changed her behaviour.

I like Skinners, they are healthy, coats are great etc, but I haven't seen a behaviour change through food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 am

I am hoping it is his food that has caused his behavious change Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 18969 This change has happened so quickly that i do think it must be the food Zep did say that AG just doesnt seem to suit his dogs and that they all get crazy on it

My brother came round this morning and couldnt beleive the change in him He was charging round like a loony constantly barking at Keira and trying to fight Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 482195 taking no notice of me
i think my brother was a little scared he would bite him so didnt give him fuss like he normally does :nhy: I dont think he would bite He isnt aggressive towards people but i think my brother felt unsure about him which isnt good He is normally such a happy boy wagging his tail and coming for fuss not barking at people for fuss Its as if he cant relax constantly heavy breathing and hyped up

He was put back on RAW last night and wont be getting AG again Im gonna try the Beta on Keira to see if it suits her

Im wondering if it is the food causing this problem how long it might take to fully get out of his system

He has finally calmed down and is sleeping by my feet now (thank god) My OH is gonna take him for a nice long walk later on his own while i take Keira training to try burn off some of his accessive energy
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:55 pm

i also find lower the protein the better except for puppies, how old is your dog could it be just the terrible teens , is he castrated if not just could be hormones setting in, how much exercise does he get , if he don't listen to you try the pebbles in a bottle , i know it works for my friend with her girls, my dogs are on wainwrights like lainee , 2 of my girls are hyper but i put that down to love of life rather than food, my other 3 are laid back and are on the same food, in all honesty i can't see food causing aggression , unless like some children there is a addertive in the food that causes a reaction, good luck anyway lets hope it's just a phase he's going through
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Mickey was one this week He isnt actually aggressive he just seems to be permanantly hyped up He hasnt actually tried to bite or anything he is just very exciteable around people and other dogs Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 482195 and it sounds and looks aggressive when he starts barking and pulling on the lead This has caused the other dogs to react by barking back etc which then sets him off again :sadd:
He has only been like this for the last few weeks so it does fit in with the change in diet He just doesnt seem to be able to switch off and is constantly hunting for the cat Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 482195

He hasnt been castrated and has been a bit of a handful since we got him at 9 and a half months old but nothing like he is at the moment He runs around the garden with Keira for alot of the day and has a good long walk each day up at Cannock Chase onlead as we still cannot trust him offlead He goes to training for an hour on Wednesdays indoor and has been having about one and a half hrs training on Thursdays outdoor
I spoke to the Wednesday trainer tonight when i took Keira and mentioned about the food He was baffled aswell but did say his behaviour was quite bad and he had unsettled all the other dogs and caused tension :2431: I thought he was gonna tell me not to bring him back but he didnt I think im gonna stop taking him to the indoor training after this course The hall is quite small and there were quite a few dogs on Wednesday Its awkward trying to calm a hyped up GSD when you are surrounded by about 10 other dogs

I just hope he calms down and starts to relax Its really stressing me out now :Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 170113 Got my OH to take him for a 2 hour walk up the Chase earlier while i took Keira training He was fine and the only thing he reacted to was a cyclist riding past and going through the stream which startled him because the guy came past so fast they didnt notice him until the last minute Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 417
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Zep & Mo have said before they dont feed AG but Nico has always done really well on it so much so that the last time they saw him they said how well he looked & asked what I was feeding him! :2431:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 pm

I do think and pray Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 18969 it is the food because his real bad behaviour has been really quick since the food change

It was the first thing Zep said to me aswell so he must have seen it in some of his dogs before
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Which AG do you feed them on Bev? Ive always used the large breed one as Keira is so fussy she will only eat the bigger dried food Its the only dried food she tollerates Even that has to have something else mixed in either tuna or some RAW minced tripe or chicken

Ive had a nightmare getting her food right now this with Mickey :Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 170113 Its so frustrating :Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 170113
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Either chicken & rice or salmon & rice.

Nico is very fussy but Sly will eat pretty much anything
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:24 pm

i feed AG and have to say its one of the better foods altho not saying it isnt causing issues but i personally would never feed Beta, that IMO will send your dog more hyper due to whats in it. i would also say you dont want to feed anything high in oils extra fats and protein as this can give extra energy. with pups i dont want high levals of calcium or protien and i find beta can have high levals of both, so just be careful as he is still young and growing :love:

i think it could be a mixture of things his age, amount of mental and physical stimulation he gets, how he views his position in the house ect.

i have 3 males 2 entire one not and had 3 females down to two now as you know and altho they go through stages in their life they dont go crazy lmao my pack are always too tired to piss around in the house or when out :san42: i will also do a bot with them b4 taking them out just to bring their backs down
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:28 pm

:2445: Whats a bot Farah does that stand for bit of training?

I think im gonna keep Mickey on a RAW diet and Keira on the RAW with AG and see how he goes I think I need to invest in a chest freezer to keep it all in im sick of my other freezer being full of chicken wings and minced tripe :zas:
I did buy a small bag of Beta and neither of them would eat it anyway
We have just come in from a long walk up the chase and he does seem quieter today Mind you we didnt meet any other dogs
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm

:2431: yes a bit not a bot :san42: :san42: :san42:

i found years ago wen i fed beta sent my working lab paddy off his head lmao

its about keeping on top of him hun your doing a fab job but sheps will be sheps they are not known to be lovers of other dogs lol
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 am

im having to take fred off AG .... he was loving it, but the change in his behaviour is amazing.... hes unsettled all the time, whining an whinging constantly, and if xomeone opens a door he goes wild .... i cant even seem to tire him out on our walks Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 583730

so last night i threw all the food away and hes had just tripe and now i need to find a dry dog food that suits him ....

Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 300576
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:11 am

I fed mine beta last year and had no problems.. ive changed mine over to a cheaper brand and now alfie is having ear issues that may be food related so im switching them back to beta...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:54 pm

About 25/20 yrs ago I fed all mine Beta Bravo (when it was owned by BP, of all companies) They all did well and loved the gravy but it had to be eaten quickly as it went porridgy!
I then changed to Royal Canin and have used it ever since.
I do however feed a Working dried food to the ones on just a plain maintenance diet and I must say it is brilliant. No extras, no added this, that or the next thing. Even my 'hyper' ones are fine on it.
Maybe speaking to Ali Morton, the rep for Royal Canin would help as she is a qualified nutritionist and knows her stuff. She would advise on the best way to go when it comes to dogs who have a reaction against certain types of foods.
If you are already registered with them as a Breeder she will come out to help, if not, you will have to apply for a membership.
Sounds to me that you dog has developed an allergy to the additives or extras some companies put into their foods.
Hope everything works out for you.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Skyla came to us on beta puppy before we changed her over to wainwrights and raw, she did well on beta tho
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Nico has been on Beta for a while now but as he's developed a rather dry scurfy skin I'm thinking of switching him back to AG
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 pm

fredsmum wrote:
im having to take fred off AG .... he was loving it, but the change in his behaviour is amazing.... hes unsettled all the time, whining an whinging constantly, and if xomeone opens a door he goes wild .... i cant even seem to tire him out on our walks Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 583730

so last night i threw all the food away and hes had just tripe and now i need to find a dry dog food that suits him ....

Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 300576

Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 300576 why have you changed from feeding him raw Shelley
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 am

My friend feeds Beta, her dog does fine on it
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:35 pm

he didnt do well on the raw diet karen.... it was a pain getting him to eat it in the end, he still has tripe every day, but he was also having dried food along side it... he loved the AG.... but the change in his behaviour has been noticable.... were now trying james well beloved lamb and rice Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 300576 ...hes not too keen on it, and neither is daisy Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 583730

fred used to have beta a year ago, but for some reason we changed it.... and i cant remember why now Does anybody feed their dog Beta? 575435 ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody feed their dog Beta?   Does anybody feed their dog Beta? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anybody feed their dog Beta?
Page 1 of 1