Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Vote_lcapCesar millan .......gasp!!!! Voting_barCesar millan .......gasp!!!! Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Vote_lcapCesar millan .......gasp!!!! Voting_barCesar millan .......gasp!!!! Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 am

As some of you know .....cesar millan has been causing loads of controversy in the dog training/psychology world of late....

New methods of training are evolving and mr millans methods are no longer wanted or used!! ... His methods of pack leader and dominance are 'gasped' at all over the world!!! It's now all 'positive training' and force free reward based training!

Did anyone see the Alan titchmarsh interview on tv yesterday? I didn't but I was intending to get up to date on catch up tv...after reading all the posts and threads last night, I don't think I will bother, it was more or a bully boy lynch mob directed at cesar than an interview by the sounds of it!....

Alan is very obviously against cesars way of training and fired unsuitable questions at him and not giving him time to give a suitable answer!!

Whilst I no longer agree with all of cesars training ...I agree with 99% of it and it has helped me no end with Fred ..whereas the methods would never have worked on bella!!!!

Apparantly people in the uk do not want him over here and are making it pretty clear to him that he is not wanted.... There are rumours that some are even going to his uk tour to make a statement!!!!!!

I was umming and arring over whether to go to his show next year as I thoroughly enjoyed it the last time.... But I don't think I will risk it ....

Does anyone else think his methods are Outdated and no longer needed??? I certainly think he needs a little shake up with the way he practices his methods ...he needs to get a little more up to date maybe do you think?? ... But I do think that all this 'positive reward and ignore the bad' training does not work on every dog.... We have far more badly behaved and unwanted dogs now than we ever did!! ....

Cesar is right in saying that we need to treat our dogs as dogs....maybe if people adopted a little more of his methods we wouldn't have so many people giving up on their dogs!!!????!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 am

i watched it , i personally think he is great maybe his ways seem a bit bullyish but you have only to look and see how many people he's helped in the past, it would be lovely for everyone to have the treats or toy way of training but not all dogs want treats or toys, i know that through experience , if you have a stubburn dog what do you do, most people would just give it away or get it destroyed , i would like to see him but i have watched him that much on telly i don't think there would be anything much different, i remember a trainer i once had telling me when he was a boy and a dog pulled you then you got a twig off a tree and smacked it on the nose everyone's got there own way i suppose . i don't like cruelty of anykind and i don't think i have ever seen ceaser been what i would call cruel, yes he worked dogs with prong collars and e-collars but the people that owned the dogs were using them anyway he just showed how to use them correctly
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree sue....not all dogs can be trained with the softly softly approach....if you have a dog that is dominant and treats and toys don't work...you have to approach with a different method!!!!

You should go to one of his shows, they are nothing like his tv programmes....he is a very informative man...very comical too lol
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Im looking forward to seeing him again Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 948933
I think hes brilliant at what he does and his show was very entertaining Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222

Why should he change his methods Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 300576 he believes in them and he gets results Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222
I havent seen anything i think has been cruel Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 583730
Like Sue said hes not the one that chooses to use prongs and e collars etc (which some may find cruel but others find perfectly exceptable) but atleast he shows the owners how to use them properly Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222 Not only does he help the dogs but more importantly he helps the owners Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222 which lets face it are the problem most of the time Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222 Some people just have a gift for understanding and helping others and i think he has it Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222
I bet if you could film alot of these dog trainers who moan about him they arent as snowy white as they make out Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 583730 If a dog lunged at them snarling im sure they would pull them out of the way using their lead just like cesar has done on film Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 658515 which has been portrayed as being cruel Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 517699
I think alot of people in the dog world are just jealous of his success Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 76853
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 am

Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 300576 I didn't see the interview yesterday Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 583730 I like Alan and do watch him if I can, didn't know CM was going to be on.

I would hate to see any anti CM attitudes in this country, that is just stupid and unwelcomed by me.

I needed his approach with Misty, helped me no end and worked a treat on her head strong attitude to life, his ways would of shaken Bryn into a nervous wreck, I honestly think that taking a bit from this trainer and a bit from that trainer, putting it in your 'little tool box of dog training' is the way that best suits me, I think there is not a one approach that suits all, just the same with kids, some soon step up with a firm hand whilst others would resent it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm

I totally agree sange Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 502966 you have to use what is successful with your dog ...some of cesars ways worked wonders with Fred Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 910222

One thing that did out me off cesar a little was a book he had written in which he talks about his dogs and how he keeps them all in a calm manner, he has staff who walk them for about 6/7 hours a day Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 989279 ....what 'normal' person can do that every day of the week Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 658515 i read a woman's account of her time with cesar, her dog had to go to his training centre, she said when she got there most of the dogs were wearing bandanas, on closer inspection they were wearing them to hide shock collars Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 989279 ... There was always lots of staff placed about the centre keeping an eye on the dogs and most of them looked fed up and dejected!!!....

I'm not slating him because I think he does wonderful work with dangerous dogs and these do gooders need to remember that he rehomes dogs that otherwise would be pts!!!!....

All trainers do is slate each others methods ... When a new way of training is found, they are quick to slate the last one ....

As the saying goes "the only thing two trainers will agree on is that the third one is rubbish" Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! 41621
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!   Cesar millan .......gasp!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cesar millan .......gasp!!!!
Page 1 of 1