Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
I call upon your experiences........... Vote_lcapI call upon your experiences........... Voting_barI call upon your experiences........... Vote_rcap 
Sandra
I call upon your experiences........... Vote_lcapI call upon your experiences........... Voting_barI call upon your experiences........... Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

I call upon your experiences...........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

I call upon your experiences........... Empty
PostSubject: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Caius n Mr t get along generally really well they will sleep close together, play tug together but first thing in a morning n when out on walks I am for seeing problems

Basically caius is happy chasing his toy when out on walks and Mr t is not interested all he wants to do is chew n chase caius. This I can cope with but recently its becoming more verbal and sounds more aggressive. I have also noticed scabs on caius from where t is catching him with his teeth.

Can anyone suggest coping mechanisms n training that I can use to help?

Thanks ladies xx
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Kala used to be like this hun I call upon your experiences........... 910222 She liked nothing better than to grab Marley by the scruff and pull him around, nip his back legs and swing on his tail I call upon your experiences........... 658515

we had to teach her the leave command and every time she started on Marley we told her very sternly to LEAVE IT and rewarded her instantly with loads of praise and a treat when she did. It didnt take her long. We then had to find something she was interested in which luckily like Marley was a ball and got her to carry her ball. Once on the walk she knew we would throw it for her so she got all excited for that.
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks Jude I call upon your experiences........... 805515 poor caius is getting really fed up with it now bless him I had to get down on their level this afternoon n sort em out I call upon your experiences........... 658515

Another question for you all when we are out walking one of us walks caius n one Mr t I"d dearly love to be able to walk em together but t is constantly pulling to get to caius. Caius is using a dogmatic n t is just on collar at mo. He walks relatively well to heel. How n when would be best for me to try n walk em together?Maybe I'm not being stern enough with him but he just pulls to caius hangs back to jump at him. I know hes still a babe n i'm probably expecting too much too soon butbasically its not a pleasure to walk them at the mo I call upon your experiences........... 42991

Sorry for moaning I call upon your experiences........... 447425
Thanks for listening I call upon your experiences........... 805515
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 pm

I used to take them out seperately at first and when I had Kala I used to do a lot of training with her walking to heel, sitting, down stay etc teaching her the "watch me" command as a distraction ( it works well with her but doesnt work if theres a cat about!!) I could only walk them together when they were both on dogmatics but that was a confidence thing on my behalf. I call upon your experiences........... 805515 I call upon your experiences........... 805515
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm thinking I'm gonna be walking seperate at least short term. He's fine for a while n then starts. Think its my fault expecting too much too soon. I call upon your experiences........... 434936 Just whole new learning curve for me caius n brogan weren't a bit of bother lol. Well at least t is living up to his kennel name jacobrad rascal I call upon your experiences........... 41621 I call upon your experiences........... 41621
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:33 pm

get a halti for t , walk them separate until t gets some manners , all mine grab the others around the neck and drag, they usually grow out of it but i leave it up to my older dogs to put them in their place
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks sue. Brogan tells him off but think caius has just been too soft with him now he's trying to tell t off n t just runs off and then comes straight back wish caius would be more assertive with him I call upon your experiences........... 805515
Took t out alone today and he walked lovely to heel on his collar had a bit of free run and played with his ball on a rope I did most of the retrieving though I call upon your experiences........... 41621
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Mickey is always being told off by Keira because of that kind of rough play I call upon your experiences........... 575435
He used to be the same on lead but only does it occassionally onlead now I call upon your experiences........... 517699
Think it finally sunk in that when hes onlead he cant run off I call upon your experiences........... 981857 I call upon your experiences........... 1247944885
Im sure he will be fine once hes matured a bit I call upon your experiences........... 910222 He sounds like a little rascal I call upon your experiences........... 925943
Do you think he will end up being the more dominant dog in the house eventually I call upon your experiences........... 289342
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 am

Ooh I agree with the others .... I call upon your experiences........... 910222 ...nothing more I can add I call upon your experiences........... 658515

Apart from the walking together bit ....I jumped straight in with all my 3 ..as soon as bella was old enough to join them, out we went .... Was a nightmare at first trying to establish who fit where best, once that was sorted and some manners were instilled, they all walk beautifully now I call upon your experiences........... 910222

When I've got all three together, Fred has his dogmatic on though...I'm a cheat, but its much easier I call upon your experiences........... 658515
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks ladies I call upon your experiences........... 805515 took t out again on his own today and he was great walked to heel fetch and retrieving. He met 2 female mastiffs and was the perfect gentleman butter wouldn't melt. The owner took a photo of him to show his wife he couldn't believe how placid T was I call upon your experiences........... 1642
I think I'll try a halti on Mr T and then try them together I call upon your experiences........... 658515 Caius has either dogmatic or halti on when out its easier for Kerstin or Craig (cos of his back prob)to walk him.

In answer to your q Bren I think he'll try. How far he'll get I think will depend on how fed up Caius gets just wish he'd bloody tell him off instead of his being a wimp I call upon your experiences........... 41621
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I call upon your experiences...........   I call upon your experiences........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I call upon your experiences...........
Page 1 of 1