Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcapDo you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Voting_barDo you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcapDo you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Voting_barDo you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll

Go down 
+4
bingnblaze
Judes
fredsmum
SuzieB
8 posters

How often do you brush your dogs teeth?
Everday
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcap0%Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 times a week
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcap9%Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
once every 2 weeks
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcap0%Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
once a month
 0% [ 0 ]
once a year
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcap18%Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Never
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_lcap73%Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Empty
PostSubject: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Just curious as to how often if ever you brush your furbabies teeth.

Do you leave their teeth alone but give plenty of raw meaty bones or raw hide or dental sticks?

We brush Brogans teeth on average once a month and Caius lets ya mess about in his mouth everyday Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222 We give raw hide chews dental sticks and caius has chicken wings 2-3 times a week
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm

its something i had all good intentions of doing... but i forget... ive got all the stuff... but i never think of doing it Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 583730 Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 658515
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm

marley and kala have bones and raw hide frequently but they have a dentastck every night
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:21 pm

reading this has just reminded me....i forgot to get more night time treats for fred and daisy Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 863498 ... every night they race up to bed and sit on the end, trying to look well behaved so theyre the first one to get a treat Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 41621
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 pm

never - they have bones tho which i think helps
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Does anyone have a preference as to which bones they give their furbabies?

Caius has chicken wings. Brogan won't touch em everything has to be cooked for him Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 575435.

When did peeps start introducing other types of bones? and what? Do you feed just raw or mix with a complete?

I'd rather have Caius' teeth cleaned naturally ie by bones raw hide and stuff than the paste - it stinks Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 502598

Has anyone had any teeth probs with their doggies?
Sorry to blab on but I really value your input Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222 I've learnt so much from you all and have far more confidence with Caius than I ever had with Brogan when he was a babe. Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 805515
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:39 pm

fingers crossed my lot have a nice set of nashers, especially molly dot. I give them raw bones every now and again, plus they have dried food which i think does help with keeping their teeth pretty healthy.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Mine have raw hide and chicken wings Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222

I did buy a toothbrush and paste with the intention of cleaning Keiras teeth (before we had Mickey) tried it a few times but she kept trying to eat the brush so i gave up Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 575435
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm

I never brush them.

BUT I give huge bones to keep the teeth clean.
I also get turnips (the big ones) bore a hole halfway into it and fill cavity with cheap crab paste, then throw them into the runs and the dogs spend all day licking out the crab paste and chewing the hard veg, great for keeping tartar at bay.
If I notice one with a bit of tartar I will sit and pick it off with a braddle, but this doesn't happen very often.

I am always chucking in root veg into the runs. I even chuck tomatoes, cucumber, bread rolls, etc in.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:21 am

tomatoes .... Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 989279

dont they reckni these are poisonous....

i remember on another forum a while back i was told they were poisonous to dogs... i had let fred eat some in a leftover meal of mine Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 658515
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 am

fredsmum wrote:

i remember on another forum a while back i was told they were poisonous to dogs... i had let fred eat some in a leftover meal of mine Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 658515

Never heard of that. Guess my dogs have a cast iron constitution! cause none of them have been put up nor down with eating them. They do prefer the cherry vine ones!!

Just to make sure though, I will check on that. I would never forgive myself if something happened and it was due to a Love Apple!
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 pm

i also give mine tomatoes shelley.
Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:47 pm

this might be an interesting read

http://www.suite101.com/content/toxic-foods-for-dogs-a64814

the surprising one was Eggs! I feed mine raw eggs once per week by just popping the whole egg in their mouths and letting them break them their own way!
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 pm

fredsmum wrote:

Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222 I've read this too Shell when I did all me research before we got Caius. I got rid of my tomato plants from the greenhouse so that he couldn't eat any that were still on the plant. Corn cobs raisins and grapes were others that were mentioned in the same book.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 pm

its surprising what can be poisonous to animals Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222....
but then i suppose all dogs are different...some can cope, some cant Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 658515

always best to be on the safe side though Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 502966
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Think from what you have all said that I'll give the toothpaste a miss Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 277732 the smell of the stuff is enuff to put me off anyway Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 502598 Caius is enjoying his chicken wings rawhides etc but I'll still poke around in his mouth so to speak so he'll get used to the sensation of it just incase we need to do it for some more serious reason

As for Brogan, he gave up with the rawhides etc years ago but now since getting Caius he has a renewed love of em. cant imagine why Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 517699
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 pm

awww bless brogan.... he wants what caius has got Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 658515 ...

i always have a poke about freds mouth too.... just to see whats happening in there Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 41621

Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 pm

I voted once a year because i think i have probably once or twice last year given them a clean but i generally dont bother as she loves rawhide bones Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll 910222
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

never brush only raw bones ,never had problem with teeth.

diet is raw with some complete mixed in just to give crunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll   Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you brush your dog's teeth? including poll
Page 1 of 1