Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
What made you decide Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
What made you decide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
What made you decide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
What made you decide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
What made you decide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
What made you decide Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
What made you decide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
What made you decide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
What made you decide Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
What made you decide Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
What made you decide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
What made you decide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
What made you decide Vote_lcapWhat made you decide Voting_barWhat made you decide Vote_rcap 
Sandra
What made you decide Vote_lcapWhat made you decide Voting_barWhat made you decide Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

What made you decide

Go down 
+4
Lainee
Judes
jacobrad
Sandra
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

What made you decide Empty
PostSubject: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:47 am

Where you would get your dogs from What made you decide 300576

Not the ones any one has bred, but your first dogs or your new bought in dogs What made you decide 910222

And why the breed you decided on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 am

my first shep that i bought 35yrs ago was a birthday present for john at that time we didn't have a car so just bought local, we both love sheps , my gran had one when i was a child and i always loved her she was my best friend and always swore i would get one when i left home ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 am

That's a nice story Sue What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am

I got Marley from the same people as my ex friend sheryl got Jez from, a mistake I would never make again, though we have been very lucky with Marley and at that time I didnt realise that the woman was a backyard breeder

when we decided to get another pup I looked on the internet to see which breeders were expecting litters and saw Jacobrad. I had read a lot of Sues posts on LGSD forum and respected her for the fact she didnt bullsh*t people and told things the way they were. i pestered Sue til she said there was a pup for me!!! What made you decide 658515 i think it was made easier as all the litter were black and some people wanted black and tan but Im sure she let me have one just to keep me quiet!! What made you decide 41621 What made you decide 41621 If i were to have another from a pup I would defo go back to Sue What made you decide 805515

Also I was wanting a golden retriever but ended up with GSD's lol
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 pm

What made you decide 910222 Everyone like Sue's dogs What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:11 pm

I have had rescues in the past.
When i was younger some one down the road from my mum had a GSD and was smitten with the breed.
I met sue at dog training and found out that sue had a litter on. I had the opportunity to get a Susie pup :) and have always gone back to sue for more......... wouldnt go anywhere else. ive seen how much time, hard work, energy and love that she puts into all her dogs and the pups.
I have also always wanted a rough collie but cant see that will ever happen now What made you decide 658515
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Craig has had dogs in his family all his life so when we got married. I was at home with the kids we decided that we'd have get dog too. I love border collies and Craig had always wanted a GSD.

We saw an advert in PAH for gsd/border collie cross pups. The people selling lived close to Craigs mum. A good compromise. Never regretted getting the old fella at all he has been/is a fantastic dog we love him dearly and will miss him so much when he leaves us ( hopefully later rather than sooner)

So as Craigs dream dog was a GSD and as Brogan is knocking on now I decided to see if there was any breeder close by with a litter due (this was at the back end of July this year).
Saw a photo of a beautiful bitch GSD advertised. Checked out the breeder on champdogs googled a bit and looked at breeder website. Was very impressed. Showed Craig the photo of Gemma and the advert. Rang Sue that night and the rest as they say is history. We were 3rd on the list for a dog and didnt think we'd be fortunate to have a pup.

Sue was absolutely fantastic from the first time I spoke to her. What made you decide 805515 I could tell how much she loved her dogs.
What made you decide 910222
I would highly recommend her as a breeder to anyone wanting a GSD and we would deffo go back to her for another pup (if she'd have us again that is!)
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:32 pm

i wanted a dog ever since i was little - so one day my parents woke me up and told me to get dressed we were going out we ended up at the ncdl (dogs trust) where we got bingo from - i guess my parents didnt wanna go thru all the puppy crap lol

with blaze - the reason we got him - my family saw a husky when on holiday and then thought about getting 1 - once they told me that was it i was looking for breeders - which is when i found blazes breeder - we went up for a visit and decided we liked the look of the breeder, the dogs and how they were kept n everything

with skyla - a friend of mine bred his sibes - then found out 1 person had breached their contract n tried to sell a pup on, so he took her back, he then txt me (know my mum was after a white sibe) asking me if i would take her in so we said yes :D
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Nice story Nix What made you decide 910222

Well Sue you deserve to be very proud of what has been written about you hun, all very nice What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:09 am

What made you decide 897333 for all your nice comments , but you also have to give yourselves some credit , you are all good honest people that i would class has perfect puppy people, i love my dogs with a vengance and love to see puppies growing into lovely confident adults that have been loved all their lives and never been harmed in anyway, i have made many friends through the pups and also inheritate a daughter [ lainee ] i would not hestitate to let any of you have another puppy from me , thank you again ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Ive always loved the GSD breed and me amd oh have wanted one ever since we got together I bought an ornament in 1984 of a GSD and said one day we would have a dog just like it but only when we had the time to look after it properly We both worked full time and didnt want a dog that would be shut in the house all day What made you decide 583730
We then got two cats Motley and Jovi in 1985 who both had 2 kittens each a year later one of which died so we decided to keep the others Gizmo Tiger and Rocky These cats had great lives and i loved them all like kids What made you decide 805515 not considering getting a dog while we had them What made you decide 583730 They must have been from good stock because they lived long lives Motley 13.5yrs (died after being hit by car) Gizmo 18 kidney failure Jovi 19 pts after having stroke and fit Rocky 18.5 pts tumour and Tiger 21 of old age
I lost 3 of them within 6 months of each other What made you decide 75462 Anyway as soon as i lost tiger it was awful i had never ever not had an animal by then i was working part time so we decided to get a dog a GSD Only problem was we were in the middle of moving so we decided to wait until we moved OH spent ages looking at breeders on the net and found Videx he loved the look of the dogs and the breeder and site was very proffesional (i know some people dont like David Payne but he is very knowledgeable and his kennels are beautiful) We had a hiccup with our house sale and had to temporarily move into a tiny 2 bed for 3 months with all our stuff crammed into it I really missed having a pet so when someone told me about a little black kitten looking for a home (the runt of the litter) i just couldnt resist and mojo arrived What made you decide 248262 [img]What made you decide 100_0477[/img]
3 months later we got Keira from Videx and from day one they loved each other What made you decide 104934
OH wanted a male gsd but there were only females available when we went over to see Keira who by this time was ready to leave There were 3 left and Keira picked us deciding she liked chewing on my sandels and nipping my toes We saw her on the Friday and picked her up on the Sunday
Mickey was very different We had decided we wanted another dog as Keira loves other dogs we thought it would be great for her We had been told about a good breeder locally Mascani so again looked at their website I took Keira to some of Zeps training sessions while we considered getting another dog
Then one day oh spotted an advert on Zeps website for Mickey I wasnt sure tbh because i wanted a puppy not a 10 month old dog that i knew nothing about
We rang up and Mo said that he was sold and that the family were coming that weekend to pick him up He had met the family and their other dog and they seemed perfect I then got an email from Mo saying she had decided the family werent suitable after all as they had turned up 5 hours late with no explanation and were going to just take Mickey home and dump him in his cage while they went out for the evening What made you decide 989279 Mo didnt take too kindly to that and said they couldnt take him What made you decide 583730 She emailed us we went over and as soon as we saw him and Keira had checked him out we knew he was coming home with us
He was a big bouncy bundle of cheek from the start
The rest is history What made you decide 925943
What made you decide 925943 Sorry this has been so long Should of been a novelist What made you decide 925943
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Loved it Bren, the sad bits What made you decide 471338 and the funny bits What made you decide 457589

It's nice hearing about how people got their pets What made you decide 910222
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:47 pm

But wot about you Sange? Lets hear your story hun What made you decide 910222

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm

SuzieB wrote:
But wot about you Sange? Lets hear your story hun What made you decide 910222

What made you decide 289342 Hazel my BC was a Christmas pressie for me, my Staffie was getting really old and I felt a) I didn't want to come home without my beloved dog being there for me and b) I felt she would bring back some life in my Staffie, which worked wonders, they played and played and I had a few more years out of her, being happy and having a friend What made you decide 910222 Hazel is the typical BC, easy to train and very good in almost every way I can think of....BUT I also fell in the trap of getting her from BSB and she had a lot of emotional problems to overcome, which she has What made you decide 910222 I love her soooo much

Misty Moo, well we went to Crufts to look at some BC breeders when Hazel was about 3 to get her a playmate, but my OH fell in love with the Australian Shepherds, and I felt that he needed to have a little input What made you decide 41621 so I went with his choice What made you decide 863498 all the way up to Fife and home comes Misty, a nut case What made you decide 658515 but the most loving, loyal and beautiful looking dog What made you decide 805515 A huge character around the house

Bryn- well a young girl had been sadly killed a few miles from us a few Christmas ago, (nothing like that happens around here) hubby started to worry about me out with Misty on my own walking her and taking her down the river etc (Hazel used to always go to work with OH) so he wanted me to get a big dog, something that he felt easier about me being out and about What made you decide 910222 looking around we found Bryn, travelled to Cheltenham for him What made you decide 910222 and he is the biggest softy anyone could find What made you decide 41621 look after me.... What made you decide 863498 Noooo he won't even go out in the dark he is so much of a Scoopy doo, What made you decide 41621 What made you decide 41621 but I wouldn't have him any other way What made you decide 583730 My beautiful boy

My likkle Ellie Belly, aww, I loved the naughty character of them, thought that they were so funny and wicked, I had to have one, she came from a lady on a farm, who always had one litter off of her dogs ever since she had her first one 20 odd years ago, Ellie's Mom actually works on the farm What made you decide 41621 What made you decide 41621 she was full of cow s**t when I went to see Ellie What made you decide 658515 they were just coming back from turning the cows out What made you decide 41621 I knew Ellie would be no poncey little thing with her Mom being like that and she definately isn't What made you decide 583730 and I am so pleased we had her What made you decide 910222
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:08 pm

What made you decide 805515 nice story hun isnt it great when your dogs have such differing characters

You love them for such different reasons and their characters stand out making them even more spec.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 pm

aww ive loved these stories What made you decide 805515

ive grown up with dogs all my life, ive never been without one... when i left home and had nicole we got boss dog a terrier mix... he was beautiful but had a tough start in life, my ex(at the time) was abusive to me and the dog.... one thing in particular i do remember was being fast asleep with boss on the sofa waiting for the ex to come home but i hadnt heard him knocking so he'd climbed up the drain pipe and got through the window and come down the stairs to get me.... boss jumped off the sofa and attacked him.... poor boss got a good beating for that... he did it to save me getting one What made you decide 805515
when me and the ex split up he took boss with him, but i never gave up and i threatened to go to court and said i would do anything to get him back... after just one week he gave him back to me....he couldnt do with his hairs What made you decide 575435 i had boss for 11 years after that, and he was fiercely loyal to me and i loved him loads and still miss him even now...he died 3 years ago and i vowed i would never have another dog, but i had never been without one,so after just two weeks a friend of mine helped me find a gsd breeder as i had always wanted a gsd although my first preference was a great dane lol but my OH said no way was the house big enough lol... fred was the last of the pups and he was promised to someone else but shirley @ mascani wasnt sure about them and so promised him to me What made you decide 805515 ....

i loved him from the second i got him, and we bonded straight away and i wouldnt be without him no matter what What made you decide 805515 What made you decide 805515

because fred turned out to be a mummys boy the others said they wanted a dog that would be for the family and not just stuck to me loll..... i wanted another gsd but they didnt, they wanted something small, particulalry so tia could walk it.... therefore we got the doodster and she fit in the family right from the word go, its like weve always had her What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Aww poor boss What made you decide 743284

But it turned out happy coz you ended up together without the trauma of you ex What made you decide 805515 What made you decide 805515 What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Aw hun what a sad and upsetting time for you and boss What made you decide 805515 What made you decide 805515

Glad you are happy with your furbabies now tho

its lovely to hear everyones stories cos they are all so different What made you decide 910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 pm

very true sange..... he was loads happier when i had him a much different dog.... i even got rid of most of his agression too What made you decide 805515

cheers suzie..... twas years ago now....all in the past What made you decide 74848 ..... i can have lots of happy furbabies now What made you decide 910222
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:16 pm

What made you decide 471338 that mad me cry shell. im glad all worked out for you and boss in the end. What made you decide 805515

lovely stories from everyone What made you decide 910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:33 pm

awww What made you decide 805515.. i remember hiding in a cupboard with him holding his nose so he couldnt make a sound, he had done something naughty and the ex was going to realy hurt him, some of the things he did to boss would make you very angry What made you decide 910222 but we was happy in the end hun...so thats all that matters What made you decide 805515

all the stories on here are great.... im nosey so i find them interesting What made you decide 658515
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

What made you decide 743284 It's hard to see why people can be like that, thankfully you were there for Boss What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm

he was horrid sange What made you decide 910222

but thankfully me is not What made you decide 658515
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Great story Shelley What made you decide 910222 so glad to hear you left that life behind and boss came with you What made you decide 910222

What about bullet? What made you decide 300576
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:52 pm

oooh bullet.... well he was a big big desicion as boss hated cats.... he had even killed one in the past... long story What made you decide 575435 ... but after being with me for a few years i thought i would try him to see how he got on.... i only had to tell the lad once to leave the cat alone and after that they got on beautifully....

bullet was a present for nicoles 9th birthday, she had no idea i had got him for her....he was hidden in my bedroom from the night before.... on her birthday morning i told her to sit with her arms out and eyes closed ... she cried with joy when i put him in her arms.....however .... this only lasted 2 days and she told me...

'' i hate my birthday present take him back'' What made you decide 658515

the cat was evil What made you decide 910222 he scratched and hissed at everybody apart from me... he terrorised poor nicole and attacked her at every oppurtunity, she was covered in scratches... i managed to get this under control and stop him from doing it...and since then hes been my cat... and hes bloomin lovely What made you decide 805515
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you decide   What made you decide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What made you decide
Page 1 of 1