Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Pet Insurance Vote_lcapPet Insurance Voting_barPet Insurance Vote_rcap 
Sandra
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Pet Insurance

Go down 
+2
Judes
Steffie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Hello only me
Right sorry to be nosey but who do you have your pet insured with?
I got Vivas renewal through this morning and its jumped up an extra £4 a month which im not happy with. Even when i got her spayed last year they said it will drop the cost down well i think it dropped down by about 60p Pet Insurance 894833
She is insured with Tesco btw.
Can anyone recommend anyone?
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Kala is insured with More than i think i pay about £17, Marley is insured with pet plan his is £34 per month!!!!
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

cool thank you, im just about to get a quote from more than. Pet plan want about £35 a month too Pet Insurance 300576
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

Number of posts : 253
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:47 pm

we were originally with more than, until we had the renewal...More Than have snook in a new clause, if your pet needs to go vets and you have to claim you have to pay an extra 10% of the vet bill....so not only do you have to pay the excees but also an extra 10%....we told them where to go as we dont wont the additional worry of having to find that extra money, albiet alot or a little....we are now with Healthy Pets that solely deal in pet insurance and no other insurance. We pay about £10 a month each for ours (but they are only JRT's, neither have been done either, but are chipped).

Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 pm

daisy is with more than too Pet Insurance 910222.... i searched around for ages and despite having to pay the extra 10% it was the best offer going at the time, and i got 20% off for doing it online....
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Maz wrote:
we were originally with more than, until we had the renewal...More Than have snook in a new clause, if your pet needs to go vets and you have to claim you have to pay an extra 10% of the vet bill....so not only do you have to pay the excees but also an extra 10%....we told them where to go as we dont wont the additional worry of having to find that extra money, albiet alot or a little....we are now with Healthy Pets that solely deal in pet insurance and no other insurance. We pay about £10 a month each for ours (but they are only JRT's, neither have been done either, but are chipped).

we knew about the 10% with more than but we are saving a fortune with not going with petplan Pet Insurance 910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:09 pm

pet plan is extortionate (sp) ... we would love to change fred over to more than but we cant because of his leg Pet Insurance 575435
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 am

I have my three insured with Petinsurance.co.uk i pay a total of £26.34 (£8.78 each). I have made a huge saving. I used to be with Tescos for Molly and unfortunately only took out a policy which paid out per condition up to 12 months and that was it.
You have to be so careful what policy you take out and what pre existing conditions are omitted from new policies. In addition after a certain age, its difficult to get pet insurance on some.
I think Pet plan have to best policies but you have to "pay" for that privilege
Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 am

None of mine are covered anymore....too expensive the way the companies have it now.
About 25 yrs ago we used to 'promote' Petplan at point of sale, fill in the form etc for our customers (in the days when you COULD do that). We had what was known as 'Block insurance' for our own ones. Basically they covered upto 25 dogs of any given sex, age or breed as they knew my stock turnover wasn't static and it was the numbers not individuals which were covered. NOW...none of the companies do this, one HAS to insure each dog seperately for a year! HUH! no way as I might run on a pup for 6/8 months then let it go and its covered for the full year, so I waste money. No thanks.
Touch wood, I don't use Colin (my Vet) very often apart from innoculations but when I do I get a really good price, he doesn't charge call out fee and I get discounts on vaccinations (approx £18 per pup I run on)
Most Vets hear the cash register when they know one is insured....first question which is asked normally.....Colin knows I don't do it so doesn't even mention it.
The little I see him with any of mine, would amount to less than if I was paying out insurance now anyway.
I was approached recently by a Company called VetMediCover who offer insurance for pets at £18 per month and the cover is very good inc oldies. They want me to promote their product when I sell my pups and for each policy taken out I recieve £20 and for every renewal I also recieve £20, so not a bad deal. With the KC, if I get my puppy folk to buy their insurance I get back my £12 registration fee on the pup and that is all. So I think that for these three litters I am going to push this new company!
Personally, Insurance companies charge too much and Vets abuse the system so eventually something has got to give!
Back to top Go down
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:53 am

My 3 are insured with pet-insurance.co.uk i'm about 48.00 a month for the 3 of them.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Lainee wrote:
I have my three insured with Petinsurance.co.uk i pay a total of £26.34 (£8.78 each). I have made a huge saving. I used to be with Tescos for Molly and unfortunately only took out a policy which paid out per condition up to 12 months and that was it.
You have to be so careful what policy you take out and what pre existing conditions are omitted from new policies. In addition after a certain age, its difficult to get pet insurance on some.
I think Pet plan have to best policies but you have to "pay" for that privilege

sounds a good insurance plan Pet Insurance 910222
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All About Dogs :: Dog Talk-