Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Find my pet's killer Vote_lcapFind my pet's killer Voting_barFind my pet's killer Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Find my pet's killer Vote_lcapFind my pet's killer Voting_barFind my pet's killer Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Find my pet's killer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Find my pet's killer Empty
PostSubject: Find my pet's killer   Find my pet's killer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

A DISTRAUGHT teen was forced to watch on in horror as her sister's beloved pet was mauled to death by another dog.

The miniature white Maltese dog, named Lily, was killed instantly after she was grabbed by the animal's jaws and violently shaken

Julia Povah, 18, had been walking Lily in King George V playing fields on Thursday June 17 at around 3.15pm when the other dog ran towards them and attacked.

The dog, which has been described as similar to an Alsatian or German Shephard, then ran off with Lily hanging lifelessly in its mouth.

Now Julia's sister, Jenna, 19, desperately wants the police to catch the owner of the dog responsible and is appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

She told The Gazette that her sister did everything she could to try and rescue Lily.

Jenna said: "[Julia] caught up with [the dog] and was trying to pry open the dog's mouth to get it to let go, but the dog wouldn't loosen its grip and it was shaking [Lily] from side to side - it broke her neck and killed her instantly. Then the two men, in their mid 30s, came up drinking alcohol and told their dog to drop Lily and it did.

"My sister was yelling at them saying 'you've killed my dog' and they just said to her 'she'll be fine, there's nothing wrong with her' and then they left the park via the Broadloan exit near where the sports pavilion is."

Jenna has since been told that another dog was attacked in similar circumstances only last week.

She added: "I think it's a big coincidence for it to be two different people [and two different dogs].

"They're either training their dog to hunt using other people's dogs or they are just sick.

"This attack does seem like the first of many and it could only be a matter of time before a small child from the residential area nearby gets attacked."

The Maths student, who was given Lily for her 18th birthday, had been in Barcelona when the incident happened and only found out that her dog had been killed when she returned home on Thursday (June 24).

PC Greg Hamilton, of Renfrew police, said: "We are interested in speaking with anyone who was in the Renfrew High School area at the time who may have witnessed anything suspicious or who can help identity those responsible.

"While this type of incident is relatively rare, the terror and suffering this puppy and its owner was subjected to was shocking."

Scottish SPCA chief superintendent Mike Flynn added: "We are very sorry to hear of this terrible incident and our sympathies go to the owner of the puppy, who is no doubt devastated by what's happened.

"Incidents like this are often due to irresponsible dog ownership, where a dog is allowed or encouraged to behave in an out of control manner.

"Anyone who witnessed this attack or recognises the description of the dog or the owner should contact local police."

Anyone with information can contact Renfrew Police on 0141 532 6100 or information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/roundup/articles/2010/06/30/401903-find-my-pets-killer/
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com

Find my pet's killer
Page 1 of 1