Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Anybody here
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
just saw dog run over Vote_lcapjust saw dog run over Voting_barjust saw dog run over Vote_rcap 
Sandra
just saw dog run over Vote_lcapjust saw dog run over Voting_barjust saw dog run over Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

just saw dog run over

Go down 
+4
bingnblaze
Lorz
Lainee
liverbird
8 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

just saw dog run over Empty
PostSubject: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 pm

awwww poor Jack Russel Puppy
on a flexi lead just saw dog run over 575435 the child had hold of the pups
lead, they stopped at the crossing pelican lights, butflexi leadwas
not on lock and the puppy didn't stop it carried on walking on the long
lead just saw dog run over 471338 it
never stood a chance.
the poor kid is devastated I hate those
leads just saw dog run over 743284
R.I.P Puppy
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm

just saw dog run over 743284 aww the poor pup.

Arent they trying to ban those flexi leads?
Back to top Go down
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 pm

thats so so sad that poor puppy RIP and that poor kid.....

Never had one of those leads and never liked them....

xx
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Lainee wrote:
just saw dog run over 743284 aww the poor pup.

Arent they trying to ban those flexi leads?

they should be banned imo
they have banned long leads in some places. just saw dog run over 910222

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/7817076/Dog-owners-banned-from-using-long-leads.html
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:45 pm

i have to admit i had one of those leads with my first dog, but would never have one again.
I thought i had read it somewhere karen.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:45 pm

i use them for bing n skyla no problem - was the kid on its own? they shudnt b walkin a dog on their own with 1 ov those leads if they dont no how 2 use it - the mum shudda made sure ov that the poor pup

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 pm

what a terrible shame just saw dog run over 805515

i would never let tia walk daisy near the road and especially not on a flexi lead, i cringe when i see people with their dogs on these leads by the road side.... we often use them when were at elvaston castle as it gives the dogs chance to run around with out daisy running off or fred charging other dogs, but we are very sensible with ours, we dont let them run up to people and we certainly dont use them near roads just saw dog run over 583730
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 pm

just saw dog run over 75462 little dog just saw dog run over 183139 do people have to be so stupid just saw dog run over 894833

It was obviously an accident and i do feel sorry for the owners but some people just havent got any sense just saw dog run over 759733 you dont let a child walk a dog on an extendable lead near a road just saw dog run over 165548

We use these leads for the same reason as some of the others so that the dogs can have a run about without the risk of them running off but they are never used by the road just saw dog run over 583730
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:44 pm

bingnblaze wrote:
i use them for bing n skyla no problem - was the kid on its own? they shudnt b walkin a dog on their own with 1 ov those leads if they dont no how 2 use it - the mum shudda made sure ov that the poor pup

R.I.P
thats the daft thing about it Nix she was with her Mum just saw dog run over 575435

fredsmum wrote:
what a terrible shame just saw dog run over 805515

i would never let tia walk daisy near the road and especially not on a flexi lead, i cringe when i see people with their dogs on these leads by the road side.... we often use them when were at elvaston castle as it gives the dogs chance to run around with out daisy running off or fred charging other dogs, but we are very sensible with ours, we dont let them run up to people and we certainly dont use them near roads just saw dog run over 583730
I know you here are all really sensible with your flexi leads. just saw dog run over 910222

BrenA wrote:
just saw dog run over 75462 little dog just saw dog run over 183139 do people have to be so stupid just saw dog run over 894833

It was obviously an accident and i do feel sorry for the owners but some people just havent got any sense just saw dog run over 759733 you dont let a child walk a dog on an extendable lead near a road just saw dog run over 165548

We use these leads for the same reason as some of the others so that the dogs can have a run about without the risk of them running off but they are never used by the road just saw dog run over 583730

just saw dog run over 910222 I suppose they are only good in the right hands, like an adult

what you all gonna do if the long lead ban comes to a town near you too just saw dog run over 658515
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Nobody about where we use ours just saw dog run over 583730 so nobody would see us
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:47 am

just saw dog run over 743284 so sad for the little kid and poor pup.

I don't see anything wrong with the flexi lead. Its great for sensible people in sensible areas to enable a dog to have a bit of freedom. Not all dogs can always be let off lead

I really cannot understand a mother allowing a child to walk a puppy on a flexi on a road. Some people have no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 pm

omg the mum was there! why didnt she take the lead off the kid at the road or make sure it was locked!?

if the long lead ban comes down where i am they can piss off - i take my dogs over the feild near me on 100ft leads cuz huskies cant b let off their leads and thats the only way they can get exercise and stay safe
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:59 pm

bingnblaze wrote:
omg the mum was there! why didnt she take the lead off the kid at the road or make sure it was locked!?
she was texting on her phone at the time just saw dog run over 575435
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 am

What a terrible thing to happen, RIP ickle dog....but....
I dont agree with young kids being allowed to walk dogs and i defo dont agree with banning long leads.

Firstly kids should not be left in charge of a dog, no matter how well behaved it is. I was at a dog show at the weekend and in one of the classes was 2 girls next to me aged about 9-10yrs with a 6month(ish) old blue merle collie and they kept letting it jump on Viva and wanted Viva to play with it. They didn't understand when i said i'd rather she didn't because she can get over boisterous. They had no control at all over the dog! Now if Viva had got boisterous and hurt the dog i would have been to blame, luckily Viva was very good and i managed to get her away. Also walking around the show, it was extremely busy with alot of big dogs, yet there was parents letting their kids walk around with the dogs, now what if 2 dogs started to fight?

As for banning long leads, bloody ridiculous! I use 2 long leads for Viva, 1 being a horse lunge line which is roughly 25-30metres for parks and woods etc and the other for a home is the extendable lead to walk Viva along the meadow next to mums. I use a long lead because Vivas recall is still not at 100% and i dont think it ever will. I never use a long lead or extendable lead on the road tho, i always take my 6ft leather lead for road walking. As for the news article...
Quote :
Bosses at Tameside council, in Greater Manchester, say they have brought
in
the measure to reduce dog fouling. The council says owners are more
likely
to clean up after their pets if they are on a short lead.

f****** ridiculous!!!!

Sorry for the long rant just saw dog run over 517699
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just saw dog run over   just saw dog run over Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just saw dog run over
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All About Dogs :: Dog Talk-
Jump to: