Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
a horrid week..... Vote_lcapa horrid week..... Voting_bara horrid week..... Vote_rcap 
Sandra
a horrid week..... Vote_lcapa horrid week..... Voting_bara horrid week..... Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

a horrid week.....

Go down 
+2
fredsmum
clairemunky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
clairemunky

clairemunky

Number of posts : 81
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-27

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:42 am

Well this week has been none stop so sorry i havent been around, will catch up at some point! blooming whitney houston concert got postponed, had a funeral, little girl has gone away til next week, little boy is missing her so being a brat, and i need your opinions on something else.............
(possibly wrong section) a horrid week..... 300576

in my house their is me and oH our 2 kids and my sister and her boyfriend, so me and OH take puppy dog on walks, hes been getting much better, although he HATES staffs, when me and OH have been out with pup if a staff growls at him he will bark and growl back, he doesnt have much liking to them himself, but sisters OH took puppydog out the other night and walked past a staff, staff growled at puppy so apparently puppy lunged for him and nearly bit him! Do you think he needs muzzeling?(sp) the other owners dog had a rant about getting a muzzle on him! but hes never done this before, but i dont want to chance another dog getting bit?????? a horrid week..... 289342 But at the same time, the place is full of staffs here, we keep pup out the way to let him off lead, but what if a staff attacked pup and he couldnt fight back as he had a muzzle on, not that im saying i would like him to have a fight, but do you understand what i mean? not making much sense i know! i just dont know what to do! Hes such a gorgeous dog, OH picks the kids up with puppudog at the school and the kids always go running over to him for hugs and strokes, but if he went with a muzzle everyone would automatically think dangerous dog and keep kids away, then i feel bad for puppydog as he loves kiddies, but agian the sun is out so other people are going to be taking their dogs to pick up the kids and again most of them are staffs!! a horrid week..... 866713 a horrid week..... 866713 soo frustrated!!
Me and OH dont mind staffs at all just the young idiots with them and no control, plus puppy hates them and ive yet to see one that likes puppy!! a horrid week..... 471338

sorry about the long post im just soo **&&**^^%%^^&&&
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm

in my opinion, whether it be right or wrong..... :2431:

i wouldnt muzzle fred, i tried once, it made him worse a horrid week..... 910222 and i had the same thought as you, how would he fight back if her got attacked!

so long as puppy dog isnt attacking or growling barking etc at people and you can keep him under control on a lead i would try other methods than a muzzle a horrid week..... 300576

fred used to be like this ... he went for every dog we passed, he would be two front paws off the flooor growling and barking...

ive tried water spray, shaking bottle of stones, redirecting him by kicking him on the arse , redirecting him with treats, ive pretty much tried everything lol....
the treats sort of worked, if we walked past a dog i would get them out and keep feeding him them until we passed then i would really praise him, but it didnt work if he saw the dog before me....

but what i think really worked is the cesar millan illusion collar, it was fantastic, i could keep real control of him, keeping his head forward and high, then rewarding him when we passed the dog, funnily enough yesterday i tried him with just his slip lead and he went off on one at the first dog we saw a horrid week..... 482195

i dont let fred off on the field to mix with other dogs ... i always put his lead on if other dogs come onto the field, it avoids any confrontation with other dogs, otherwise he would bound over barking and looking like hes ready to attack lol... when all he wants to do is try and show them hes boss then have a play a horrid week..... 981857
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I have exactly the same problem with Mickey only its nearly every dog he sees a horrid week..... 165548

I know he isnt an aggressive dog but the way he loses it and goes off on one you would think he was a werewolf a horrid week..... 422171 He just gets really hyped up when hes on lead Hes usually good when i go training but he even did it there this week when another dog looked at him a horrid week..... 42991 I think even Zep was shocked as to why he did it a horrid week..... 300576 a horrid week..... 981857

I considered muzzling him when i know he will meet other dogs but thought the same as you that people would judge him and also i dont think it would actually stop him behaving like he does We just try to walk him away from other dogs so that we dont have the stress of having to deal with it

I am extremely wary of walking him on my own because he is so strong and i cant trust him to behave a horrid week..... 165548 we have a field just a few hundred yards away thats perfect for walking the dogs but i drive there when im walking Mickey because there are so many people out walking dogs on the path that leads to the field a horrid week..... 422171 I cant stand the stress I check out who is there first and dont get him out of the car until im sure no other dogs are near its so frustrating a horrid week..... 170113

Regarding the barking growling and lunging you say its worse when your sisters OH walks him Is he more nervous about walking him a horrid week..... 289342 i find Mickey is far worse when i walk him I sometimes wonder if hes reacting to my nervousness a horrid week..... 658515 but if the little shit behaved i wouldnt be nervous a horrid week..... 759733 a horrid week..... 759733 a horrid week..... 759733 if only i could just get through to that one brain cell hes got a horrid week..... 925943 hed be a perfect dog a horrid week..... 517699
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Blaze is the same most dogs hes sees he is pulling and jumping around - he only growls and gets grumpy if i hold him back but it makes him look horrid
Back to top Go down
clairemunky

clairemunky

Number of posts : 81
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-27

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks guys for replies, hmm a horrid week..... 300576 puppydog isnt really overly bothered with treats, well he wasnt last time, will give it another go with chicken or cheese as he loves these! Fredsmum i can understand why it would make them worse i think, ans i defo dont wont him getting any worse!
sisters oH is a confident walker i thought, i dont walk puppy on my own any more as he is a strong lad and im worried about confrontation with other dogs with him so my OH always comes with me!

We have a little place near the park, an old grave yard/church ground that we take puppy to have a free run as not many people go in there and i feel better if he has a good run on a walk! just again summer is coming in fast and every sod seems to be out and about with their dogs! im sure they dont hardly take them out in winter llol!

fredsmum whats a cesar millan illusion collar?? a horrid week..... 300576
Pups just got a halti at the moment with is millleeessssss better than that bloody harness he came with we have much better control of him!
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:48 pm

This is an illusion collar, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=illusion+collar&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4702936959&ref=pd_sl_3kacg6sa8x_e

They are designed to give you more control, I have never tried one though.

I would not muzzle him either a horrid week..... 583730 he has done nothing to deserve it

I love staffies, I had one, but there are a lot of them around that can be nasty, just the same as any other breed and the owners usually don't muzzle them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 am

Sandra wrote:
This is an illusion collar, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=illusion+collar&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4702936959&ref=pd_sl_3kacg6sa8x_e

They are designed to give you more control, I have never tried one though.

I would not muzzle him either a horrid week..... 583730 he has done nothing to deserve it

I love staffies, I had one, but there are a lot of them around that can be nasty, just the same as any other breed and the owners usually don't muzzle them.

IMO i think they are bloomin great a horrid week..... 910222 ... we went out yesterday. using the illusion collar again, and we passed loads of dogs without any hassle at all... a horrid week..... 948933 ... im not going to go out without it now :2431: ... it doesnt look very nice on him cos it bunches all his hair and makes him look a little scruffy, but we dont mind, we get to have a peaceful walk :2431:
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-21

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am

I have/had the same problem with Storm but she is getting there slowly but surely.... still a lot of work to do with her. Think its a matter of building my confidence up as well.

My neighbour has 2 westies and Charlie has been attacked quite badly twice by staffies he hates them now...also i had an incident in the park on sat with one will do another post though. I agree Claire its the idiots that have no control and use the dog as a status symbol...that are the problem.

I had the cesar milan collar i wasnt that impressed with it but i know other people who think its great just wasnt for me and Storm... I have a friend of a friend who wouldnt be without it....lol

Did muzzle storm once a few years ago she was stressed didnt like it and really really got judged by people, it made my situation worse...and didnt change her barking/growling like a lunatic etc.

Lxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a horrid week..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a horrid week.....   a horrid week..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a horrid week.....
Page 1 of 1