Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
can't believe some people Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
can't believe some people Vote_lcapcan't believe some people Voting_barcan't believe some people Vote_rcap 
Sandra
can't believe some people Vote_lcapcan't believe some people Voting_barcan't believe some people Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

can't believe some people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

can't believe some people Empty
PostSubject: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:43 am

i have been looking round for a stud dog for gemma, saw a dog i liked and he had fathered 2 litters before, both litters to unscored bitches , makes you wonder what goes on in peoples heads sometimes , can't believe some people 981857
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am

if the gsd lge defeat the kc you may find it very difficult to find a stud
as all health checks including breed survey would have to done before he can get used.All bitches would also be done(the german way)?
It would also mean the end of certain colours allowed to be registered at present by kc
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 am

Most folks i have found dont think its important, a lot of folks still dont research they just think their dog is nice lets make some puppies... they dont think about the consequences or their responsibilites as sire of the litter. I have to say though i have managed to persuade a few of them to hip score its just naivity i know thats no excuse but thats what i have found.

When i started out i didnt realise the importance til i had my first litter and it hit me like a ton of bricks.... one of my perfect wee babies could have HD and i wouldnt know about it.. that scared me to death so i started doing some research and nearly gave up breeding before i had began. It was horrific the stories i found and i vowed then to health test ALL my dogs whether i bred from them or not. Im still learning and im still making mistakes but i know what you mean it makes you shudder that people go on for years with no health tests and claim their dogs are okay .... just the thought gives me the hebbie jeebies now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
Suze

Suze

Female

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 am

Im actually concerned about that Kenny because i breed long coats as that is my preference. I love the german lines and thats what i want to breed. So purely because of this i wont get a breed survey and so hence wont be able to breed. Im not happy about that obviously...

Im so torn because i agree with the mandatory health testing but im not interesting in really working my dogs and gaining titles i do it for fun - obedience.

ITs difficult well for me it is...
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

sue long coats can still be breed surveyed can't believe some people 910222 (long coat is only a fault if undercoat is missing) we were told this with xena but she would only get a breedsurvey class 2.(due to being a coat).
Whether work or show in germany all dogs have to be breed surveyed and health tested
the problem is that other breeds are watching what is happening as they also want mandarory health checks for there breeds.
If the gsds break away from kc other breeds will follow (end of puppy farming)

As sue says above stud dog used on unscored bitches so whats the difference from an unscored bitch and one with score of 60 as the KC says nothing, it only has to be scored.
AS with elbows we have decided not to use bliss for breeding due to a score of 3 on one elbow but nothing in kc rules says we cant use her
so why bother to have dogs scored if they will not put mandatory cut off points for breeding.
so you can continue to register pups no matter what health checks say with KC.
THIS IS WHAT THE PUBLIC DONT KNOW,and think they get healthy pup because its kc registered can't believe some people 981857
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 am

I dont let any dog pups go to a new home until there hemophillia tests come back clear can't believe some people 910222
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:10 pm

I was told i could get a long coat breed surveyed so thats news to me. Shall go look into it more now.

It is crazy to require a health test and then not tell folks a limit... just makes the test meaningless and its not cheap either.

One day ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can't believe some people   can't believe some people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can't believe some people
Page 1 of 1