Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Vote_lcapBullmastiff Attacks Girl Voting_barBullmastiff Attacks Girl Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Vote_lcapBullmastiff Attacks Girl Voting_barBullmastiff Attacks Girl Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Bullmastiff Attacks Girl

Go down 
+2
Sandra
Paula
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Empty
PostSubject: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:51 am

I never like commenting on these things because, usually after it's all died down, you start to find out other facts that were not originally put into the initial report.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:54 am

Yep, papers are usually hyped up.

If the story is as it says and the dog was in his own garden and the girl outside the garden, I dont think it should be pts. Its doing its job.

Anything else to this story may mean I change my opinion but as it is, I would not want my dogs to be pts in the same situation.

Not to say I dont feel for the girl, of course I do.
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 am

Yeah, see where your coming from, just that I remember once some story, years ago, about a dog attacking a child, there was a huge out cry about this dog, turns out, this kid had been teasing the dog over a long period of time, with a stick through the fence!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:48 am

Exactly Sandra. Is that a reason for putting a dog to sleep if it can be managed away from kids in the future? Plenty of dogs are not children friendly and they are just managed, usually without further incidence.

I can certainly see where this owner is coming from. It was behind a fence afterall...
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:09 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7100485.stm

One to balance it out a bit (I know its old but that doesnt matter).
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:29 pm

i agree but the dog should not IMO be left in a yard garden were it can get to anyone i think the owners are to blame for this as i know wat my dogs can and will do to intruders i dont ever put them in that situation i dought anything can be done under the DDA as it was on private land and yea you do tend to find out the truth later on like the kid poking it i just get sick of these stories its always the dogs that get the blame not the owners or ppl
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Yep, it shouldnt have a fence so small that this can happen. I'm just tired of people always blaming animals and not the "innocent" people owned the dog or got injured.

OH got attacked by a yorkie the other day, bit him twice but couldnt get through his jeans. They knew the dog was like this and still leave it offlead!!!!
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Totally agree with you Paula it makes me sick when dogs are pts when they have bitten people who have jumped over fences etc and gotten into the dogs garden Thats what dogs do guard their territory Owners who let their dogs run around a front lawn with a small fence are irresponsible a big dog like a BM could easily jump over a small fence and get killed on the road never mind biting people The media just focus on the so called DEVIL DOGS when someone is bitten never on the idiots who either own the dog or have put themselves in a position where they are likely to be bitten :Angry:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:30 pm

well i have said if some one broke into my house wen im out i would end up sening done for manslaughter my dogs would bring them down and not let go till told so im always very careful even wen leaving them in the dog van or landy we cant have the windows open too much as if someone decides to stick their hands in they will lose them * silly as it sounds someone tried and yes nearly lost them*
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Just talking to Ali, he lives in the same village and is now having people running away from his DDB who is as soft as shite and they wont walk past his house.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 pm

yea hes telling me now too they were shouting at him from across the st too
fuckers
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 pm

It makes me so angry.....
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 pm

i know fuckers i get it all the time with dillan and the sheps unless ppl know me and my dogs
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Taking the report at face value the dog's actions do seem to be somewhat over the top to say the least. Defending your territory is one thing. Removing half a childs face is quite another!

Dont know the full story of course!
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm

At the same time Bev, how big are their mouths? It wouldnt take much to do alot of damage.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

this is wat i pointed out in my first post bev the owners are at fault who leaves a dog of that size ect in a garden it can more or less get out of stupid and no dought the dog wasnt trained either who knows....
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Sorry Paula. Dont think thats relevant. You could blame any one of three here. the owners, the dog or the child.
You may say why does the dog always get the blame? But maybe sometimes the dog IS to blame.

I have stitches next to my eye after a completely unprovoked attack by a dog when I was 8 years old.

Animals are unpredictable and nobody really knows what goes on in their heads. Maybe some just are plain grumpy.

Maybe the owners are telling the truth and he never has done anything like this before. Maybe it didnt need anybody or anything to trigger this reaction.

Maybe, maybe, maybe :2431:

Just realised how much I am rambling!!
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Exactly, it should never be in a position to do this anyway. Does that make it the dogs fault for doing what it was originally bred to do (in a fashion, I know they were not meant to savage) ?

People should know the Bullmastiff is an excellent guard dog and should treat it with the respect that in itself deserves, not allow it the freedom to attack people over the fence (the owners I mean, not the child).

If a burglar had climbed over the fence and got bitten, would people still have the same views? Or should the dog then be pts for being dangerous? As far as a dog is concerned (providing this story is accurate) the girl was an intruder and he did his job.
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:21 pm

I was typing when you replied Bev, my point was, this is a big dog and can do alot of damage with just one bite. It should never have had the opportunity to do this over a fence.

I'm only going on the way this was reported, obviously in different circumstances then my view may not be the same.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:21 pm

lol ramble away hun its very true wen you have a dog of any size breed you must take the time to keep them safe and the owners have failed this dog and the child yes we need the full story really as the kid could be at fault too but the fact that ppl will now outcast over mastiff owners is stupid and narrow minded

but i would say the owners need to do something with this dog if only train it and keep it enclosed ect IMO all may be to blame here
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Even if she was teasing this dog, there is still no way this should have happened. She is a child. Its all down to the owners and in the right envioronment, this dog would never get the opportunity to do this again anyway.
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Hmm. Think we'd better agree to disagree here.

As a child I lived with GSDs trained as guard dogs & they did not have to physically attack anyone to guard their territory.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:27 pm

wen you train a dog to bite ect bev you actually train it to attack correctly if you get me so like you say they are less of a threat then a untrained poss unstable dog and your right there mine would attack anyone who came in my house but they would warn them off first if they continued then they would attack but i never put them in that position
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Well I enjoyed the "debate" anyway :2445:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullmastiff Attacks Girl   Bullmastiff Attacks Girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullmastiff Attacks Girl
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next