Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Vote_lcapGSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Voting_barGSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Vote_rcap 
Sandra
GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Vote_lcapGSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Voting_barGSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Empty
PostSubject: GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)   GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 am

THE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED COUNCIL

BREEDERS’ CHARTER

I agree to maintain the following minimum practices:

1. To maintain the best possible standards of health, environment and quality of life for my dogs, not keeping more than I can properly care for. I will endeavour only to breed to the GSD Breed Standard and before mating any bitch will ensure that I have suitable conditions in which to whelp and raise a litter.

2. To refuse to sell to dealers or any buyers where I have reason to believe that the dog will not be properly cared for.

3. To keep and pass on to the buyers of stock accurate records of health, pedigree and registration. To advise on feeding and rearing and to suggest a Training or Breed Club.

4. If requested by the purchaser to agree for the puppy to be examined by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon on breeder’s premises to certify that the puppy is healthy. (Buyer to meet costs.)

5. To sell only puppies and adult dogs of apparently sound health and temperament. Puppies to be wormed at least twice and will not be sold until at least seven weeks old (plus).

6. To replace any puppy (or refund purchase price if no replacement available) which develops an inherited physical defect before twelve months of age to such a degree that on the advice of two independent qualified Veterinary Surgeons the puppy has to be put down. Breeder to be properly notified before any action is taken.

7. Not to mate any bitch under twenty months of age or before her third season, or over eight years of age without prior permission from the Kennel Club, breeder’s own Vet’s approval and Certificate of health for the higher age. No bitch shall have more than one litter in less than any twelve-month period.

8. To refuse a stud service to any bitch that I know to be suffering from any defect which renders her unsuitable to breed good, normal puppies. Nor do I knowingly use a stud dog that has these failings. I will only breed from hip-scored stock within the criteria laid down for Class 1 and Class 2 in the Breed Council Survey or that which has foreign hip grades passed for breeding in its own country. Outside this range I will seek advice in writing from the breed geneticist. I will mate compensatorily and will include hip scores of sire and dam on pedigrees.

9. To limit stud services to sixty per year per dog and not offer dogs at stud until tested clear for Haemophilia “A”. I will not accept bitches for mating that have not been hip-scored.

10. To allow a repeat service when a bitch has failed to conceive, provided the stud dog is in good health and available. If this is not possible to allow the concession with another dog owned by myself whose stud fee is similar or less, providing the original Kennel Club mating form is returned.

11. To allow an appropriate selected person to visit my kennels if requested by the Breed Council, when notified in advance and a reason given.

12. To restrict breeding to not more than eight litters or sixty puppies in any two year period. This to include any puppies from Breeding Term agreements.

13. To register all my puppies with the Kennel Club.

14. To endeavour to take back or assist in re-homing any unwanted GSD of my breeding
It is recommended that all puppies are tattoo marked before leaving the breeder.

Name……………………………... Date……………………..

Affix………………….…………… Phone No………………..

Address…………………………… Signature………………...

……………………………

……………………………

Return signed form to the Secretary 94a Shepherd Hill, Harold Wood, Essex RM3 0NJ, who will compile a list from those signing the Charter. The list will be available to those seeking to purchase a GSD and will carry the following wording: THIS LIST IS PROVIDED BY THE GSD BREED COUNCIL, FREE BY WAY OF COUTSEY AND IN NO WAY FORMS PART OF ANY CONTRACT. THE GSD BREED COUNCIL ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACHES OF THE BREED COUNCIL’S CHARTER BY ANY INDIVIDUAL BREEDER NOR CAN THEY ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSSES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY DUE TO RELIANCE ON THIS LIST AND THIS INCLUDES ANY LOSS INCURRED DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE GSD BREED COUNCIL IN COMPILING THE LIST.
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)   GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 am

I have been informed the wording on this may now have changed as ,any pup born this year now also require ELBOW scores for breed survey & breeding
This form is a few years old
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)   GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks Kenny for posting
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)   GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GSD BREED COUNCIL (BREEDERS CHARTER)
Page 1 of 1