Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Vote_lcapdo you really NEED a garden/yard? Voting_bardo you really NEED a garden/yard? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
do you really NEED a garden/yard? Vote_lcapdo you really NEED a garden/yard? Voting_bardo you really NEED a garden/yard? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

do you really NEED a garden/yard?

Go down 
+3
Sandra
fredsmum
liverbird
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

do you really NEED a garden/yard? Empty
PostSubject: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 pm

most rescues and some breeders insist one has a garden/yard before you are condidered for adoption/ownership of a dog...

I think that a garden/yard is a bonus, not a necessity, so long as you are taking your dog out for walks.

My dogs would still have the same high quality of life if I didn't have a garden/yard
A garden is not a substitute for a walk.

Having a garden/yard is too often an excuse NOT to walk a dog for many
people, and rescues that insist you have a secure garden/yard may be
condoning leaving the dog out there all the time.

What are other people's views on this?
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 pm

i totally agree that some people use the garden as an excuse for not walking dogs ... it is handy to have a garden, especially for me, if im having a bad spell with my back i cant always get fred out for a walk... this happens very rarely now, but when he was a pup i suffered frequently...

my mum lived in a flat for 12 years with her dog..... it gave my mum an excuse to get out do you really NEED a garden/yard? 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 pm

I do agree some what, Mine only us the garden to poo in really do you really NEED a garden/yard? 658515 all their training and exercise come from their time out of our home, I also agree people say that they have a huge garden and their dogs are happy in that. But I also think maybe people who are dedicated to their dog would take them out whatever size the garden is and those who can't be bothered wont anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I dont think you need a garden to own a dog but it is definately a big bonus

We want to move somewhere with a large garden so that we can do more training without the worry of having the dogs run off or get attacked by others etc They would still get their walks aswell do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222 If my Dogs didnt go out i think they would die of depression do you really NEED a garden/yard? 165548 they love their walks
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 pm

We have a garden but Marley and Kala only go in it to pull out the plants or for a bit play but we have half the garden blocked so her ladyship doesnt go in the pond!!
Marley and Kalas training is done on their walks, they only really go in the garden to have a bit play and I bring them in when the plants have been pruned beyond recognition!!! do you really NEED a garden/yard? 658515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:02 pm

my friend across the road has a huge garden, i would die for one that big, she never walks her dog, shes left outside all day to do as she pleases do you really NEED a garden/yard? 482195 ... if i had that garden i would turn the bottom half into an agility course.... or have a few kennels for foster dogs ...
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Thats a really good idea Shelley do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222 You could help out without the disruption of having more dogs running around your house

I thought about the agility stuff aswell but have you seen the price of it do you really NEED a garden/yard? 989279

I hate it when people have a large garden and just let the dog get on with it do you really NEED a garden/yard? 894833
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:14 pm

yea i priced it up in PAH.... it wasnt cheap :nhy: ... you could make it for cheaper :2431: .....

she wouldnt have loads of dogs in her garden, she cant pick the poo up for one let alone several :nhy:

some people dont know how lucky they are with their gardens... do you really NEED a garden/yard? 482195
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:22 pm

Id like a garden big enough to have two sections

A nice patio area for sitting relaxing in the sun with nice flower and plant borders then a large lawned area for the dogs to run around on

You would get the best of both worlds do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222 atm my dogs have ruined the lawn so we will have to re turf before selling do you really NEED a garden/yard? 658515 good job it isnt too big do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 pm

i only have a titchy yard but it's big enough for their late night and morning toilets, then its full up do you really NEED a garden/yard? 457589 i would love a big garden but i think thier walks would be reduced if i had one do you really NEED a garden/yard? 300576
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 pm

luckily we got rid of all our grass before we had fred ...the decking used to be fenced off,but boss was never a pain so we got rid of the fencing and opened it up... i wish we hadnt now.... freds a pain when youre sitting down.... i couldnt cope with a smaller garden though... fred would drive me mad in the summer :2431:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:22 am

i dont think i would like a grass garden with my 3 it would just end up as mud do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:24 am

Im not greedy an acre would do do you really NEED a garden/yard? 457589
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:25 am

do you really NEED a garden/yard? 457589 do you really NEED a garden/yard? 457589 same here
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:16 am

Our garden aint massive, big enough to play in though. I dont think they "need" a yard but its a bonus when they know they can let off steam out there instead of in the house do you really NEED a garden/yard? 729386
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:20 am

Im quite lucky i have a huge long garden. The bottom grass bit has my veg patch and is for the kids ONLY - no dogs allowed as they dig up my veggies and poo on the grass and i hate the kids playing anywhere i think is covered in poo - have you seen the state of our local parks, disgusting.. anyway... then i have a few runs where my hairy kids go do the toilet, then i have the human adult patio where i can sit and sip a glass of wine in the warm summer evenings.... lol .. when i get 5 minutes....hahahahha.... but i always take my girls out into the fields they can let of steam in the garden but there is no substitute for a good run...hee hee.. love watching then run... we have fantastic woods and fields round here seems a shame not to take full advantage...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Paula wrote:
Our garden aint massive, big enough to play in though. I dont think they "need" a yard but its a bonus when they know they can let off steam out there instead of in the house do you really NEED a garden/yard? 729386
do you really NEED a garden/yard? 910222 and pooh can be very steamy too
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:17 am

:2445: :2445: esp on a slabbed yard!! Easy to clean though do you really NEED a garden/yard? 729386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you really NEED a garden/yard?   do you really NEED a garden/yard? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do you really NEED a garden/yard?
Page 1 of 1