Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Vote_lcapIs it fair to have a dog and work full time? Voting_barIs it fair to have a dog and work full time? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Vote_lcapIs it fair to have a dog and work full time? Voting_barIs it fair to have a dog and work full time? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?

Go down 
+4
Lainee
Judes
Sandra
liverbird
8 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Empty
PostSubject: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 pm

I Would be interested to hear what you think about having dogs and
working full time. Also, if you work full time how you balance work,
family and dogs?
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:54 pm

I am lucky, i am not a worker so have all the time needed for my gang Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222

But I have worked and had dogs, I was on shifts, so would either spend the morning wearing them out or the afternoon Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222

I don't see it wrong to work and have dogs, you just have to be prepared to spend that extra time giving their mind and body exercise and leaving things for them to do, ior kong or safe chews and then take them out again when tou return home, no time for laziness if your working and want a dog Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 583730
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 pm

I work full time as you know but Ed works shifts so it works very well. we would never have had the dogs if we were both out all day every day. The longest Marley and Kala are left are 2 hours during the day. One week out of 3 when Ed is on Day shift my friend Julie takes them for 2 hours. It splits the day nicely.

I walk them first thing at 6am, Ed takes them on the beach for at least an hour and a half monday to Friday (we both take them at the weekend) I take them out between 5 and 6pm and Ed or Jon takes them out for last toilet break around 10pm

Our life revolves around His lord and her ladyship!!
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:05 pm

I was very lucky that when i worked full time in Leeds, Sue had my two girls for me during the week. Then I jacked that job in, I now work part time.

Our life also revolves around the furry ones
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:20 pm

im lucky as i dont work ... but the thought worries me, as there will come a time when i may have to go to work.... my job will definately have to work around fred Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 729386 .... were lucky a the minute cos if were not in all day we have nicole or the neighbour across the road to see to fred.... but this is only occasionally.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 pm

i'm Lucky too i dont work although being my OH'S carer seems like a full time Job, but i have lots of free time with the dogs too Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:37 pm

i only work early mornings , but i do think you can work full time and own dogs, there are alternatives , dog walkers , or even taking them to a kennel on a daily basis
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:23 pm

there is a place not far from me that have dog sitting where people can take their dogs while at work like a nursery, they also have web cams so you can keep an eye on them too Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 pm

liverbird@home wrote:
there is a place not far from me that have dog sitting where people can take their dogs while at work like a nursery, they also have web cams so you can keep an eye on them too Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222

We don't have anything like that around here but there are one or two dog walkers I believe Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 300576
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:39 pm

i bet it costs more to keep a dog somewhere like that than a kid in nursery Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 300576
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm

liverbird@home wrote:
i bet it costs more to keep a dog somewhere like that than a kid in nursery Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 300576

Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222 Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Im one of the lucky oness !!!! I think !!!!! lol

I don't work cause i have to look after the kids. I couldn't work i have no-one to watch the kids or help me out so its just little old me which means i have more time for my hairy babies !!!! Suits me perfectly !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 pm

sounds like your doing a fab job too suze Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 724104
how many kids do you have Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 517699
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks. Got 2 kids - my oldest is 6yrs and she is Erin, she loves training the dogs and we are taking her to obedience classes after the new year. She is brill with the dogs and gonna make a great handler. My boy is 4 and a joy and a nightmare all rolled into one... lol hes a bit young for anything just now which is frustrating for him but he trains in the house just now with the big ones... I couldnt work if i wanted to... not enough hours in the day...haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:02 pm

We have wanted a gsd for years but waited until i was working part time before getting Keira Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222 I then went back to work full time but it wasnt a problem because OH works shifts so we usually managed to work it so that Keira wasnt left on her own for long
If it was going to be more than a few hours then i would pop home or come home for my lunch I was working at the estate agents so would just pop out saying i had a viewing Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 658515 somewhere
Nobody was ever the wiser Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 457589 My boss was quite lenient aswell
I then swopped to part time and have worked part time ever since
I do think you can have a dog and work full time You just need to be organised Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222 My neighbour has a dog walker Mind you i do feel sorry for her little jrt she is never at home Not only does she have a dog walker she has a gardener, a handyman, a painter, a window cleaner etc etc There is always someone there doing something to her house She probably has a cleaner aswell Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222 The dog must be very friendly Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? 910222 letting all these people in the house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?   Is it fair to have a dog and work full time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it fair to have a dog and work full time?
Page 1 of 1