Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Vote_lcapThe  Forum Stresshead!!! Voting_barThe  Forum Stresshead!!! Vote_rcap 
Sandra
The  Forum Stresshead!!! Vote_lcapThe  Forum Stresshead!!! Voting_barThe  Forum Stresshead!!! Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

The Forum Stresshead!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

The  Forum Stresshead!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Well its getting close to the time of year I absolutely dread Halloween and November 5th. Well it doesnt even stop there as the blasted fireworks seem to go on forever The  Forum Stresshead!!! 67355

Its the time of year where there is absolutely no dealing with the forum stresshead at all......and no Im not talking about me.......Im talking about Marley!! The  Forum Stresshead!!! 359130

He just seems to get stressed out with all noises at the moment he is even stressed with the wind today and the fact our wheelie bin cleaner bloke didnt put the wheelie bin back in its exact spot on the drive!!!!!!

So I'm trying my very best to try and make things a little less stressful for him. Today I have started him on skullcap and valeria ( he got stressed taking them ......he hates them it took me 9 attempts to get them down him and just when I thought he had swallowed them he spat them out again and again and again!! The  Forum Stresshead!!! 67355 ) I have ordered a double noise cd with fireworks, thunder. gun shots etc, to sit with him and try to get him used to that and I have ordered 2 DAP plug ins and the spray..........if all that fails Im going to have to see Neil for something stronger as he works himself up into a right state but I dont really want to go down that route if I can avoid it!!
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Aww poor Marley and poor you :love: it is stressful to see a dog stressing :sadd:

Lets cross fingers that all the stuff works Jude The  Forum Stresshead!!! 729386

:san41: you got a wheely bin cleaner :eqwr: I've never heard of them :nhy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:10 pm

yeah the wheelie bin cleaner man comes round every month and cleans the bin and disinfects it for £3, he has an adapted clapped out transit van with pressure hose etc!! Its just he didnt put the bin back where it goes he left in in the middle of the drive and Marley had a hissy fit!!! He was jumping around and dancing about growling and barking with his hackles up, the neighbour was laughing at me trying to reason with him!! The  Forum Stresshead!!! 893151 I was saying FGS marley its the same bloody bin that is there every flaming day its just not in the same place!!! The  Forum Stresshead!!! 359130

he stresses so much Sandra it really is sad to see, I dont make a big deal over it as I know it can make them worse but a plane flew over yesterday and it was a low droning sound Marley looked with sheer panic on his face and wedged himsef between the window sill and the sofa with his head in the corner he thought it was thunder
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Aww that's awful hun :cwyy: I wish they could talk and we ould make them understand The  Forum Stresshead!!! 729386

Bryn is a worrier but as bad as poor Marley :nhy: he hates the re-cycling cans bag, he wouldn't go in the crate to eat today as I had the bed in the washing machine and he could hear the metal under his feet, I had to put another bed in before he would go in it, he hates black bin bags being taken in and out :2431: but he is generally Ok with most other things but Ellie couldn't care less :nhy: if something does frighten her she always goes back and sniffs it and then it doesn't bother her again 🤔
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm

awww bless him hun XX

from a training point of view how do you react wen marley stresses??

also try like you said not to use meds from the vet as a lot can actually make the dog seem fine wen in fact he is trapped inside himslef unable to react but very aware of what is going on around him. xx

DAP's are great tho hun x
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Good point abpout them being trapped Fazza 🤔 would be horrid to think they were really scared inside but not able to show it :sadd:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:52 pm

seen many cases where drugs have been used in everyday life with very nervous dogs and they are just wreaks really. but a lot of pills do this traps the dog inside their own body its awful really is.

having been on odd meds myself through out my life i know how they feel i had bad reactions to one set and the room would just spin but i couldnt move i would just sit there and feel odd lol not nice at all x
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Aww hun that sounds really awful :love:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 pm

was funny at first lol cos i was young The  Forum Stresshead!!! 893151 but thats how the dogs feel with some drugs not nice thats why i would try and stay away from certain ones
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:08 pm

I try to distract him Farah as much as I can but he usually goes under the table or into his crate til he feels safe to come out. I dont make a fuss to reassure him as I have always read that this can make him worse. I just hate seeing him so stressed and fireworks are his worst nightmare, I will try anything to help him The  Forum Stresshead!!! 816732
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 pm

what i would do hun if he was mine is actually do nothing. you trying to distract him may also re-enforce the behaviour.

you ignoring the behaviour helps him deal with it better, you remain calm and assertive and he will look to you as a leader.

i had the same prob wen i rescued Xena hun come fireworks night she was fine tho as we bought the CD's and anything that spooked her we acted in- different as do my pack, so she then learns to recover from it quicker and learn to deal with it and not react.

does that make sence hun x
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:22 pm

having suffered extremly from Phobias hun i feel ignoring is one of the best ways. one of my phobias stopped me living my life for many yrs untill i got paddy.

ppl would try and help me, this made me worse, they would get mad, i got worse lol they let me deal with it in my own way and im more or less getting there

ignoring sounds awful but its not none of mine fear anything not because of the breeding as i have two muttz, because of the way i am around them how i deal with things ect

sorry the forums playing up hence two posts lol xx
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks Farah I'll try anything hun The  Forum Stresshead!!! 213987 The  Forum Stresshead!!! 213987

The forum is playing up for me too dont know why The  Forum Stresshead!!! 856867
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:41 pm

really its been dead weired with me today The  Forum Stresshead!!! 893151

put your cd on low at first and go about doing what ever around the house ignore marleys behaviour. xena hated the storm part and panicked loads i ignored her and she was fine the other dogs helped.

each day increase the volume. i actually walk my dogs wen fireworks are going off they love but it may be a step too far at the mo for the poor chap The  Forum Stresshead!!! 213987
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Awwww good luck Judes.

I find ignoring things helps too, the girls dont care about fireworks at all. Dont know about Stan yet but I will be doing the usual routine of acting like everything is normal and they arent even there. Last year, we walked across the park and some people set off fireworks right near me which made me jump but Mimi didnt bother at all, Maggie went to bark and get excited but I just told her to stop and carried on walking. She never bothered after that :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:19 pm

aww poor marley...i should imagine you dont want kala picking up on the behaviour either hun.... fred used to be the same, he would panic and stress over silly things... in the end i gave up trying to distract him, i acted like he wasnt even there,and there was nothing happening, now hes 99% better The  Forum Stresshead!!! 729386 ...

although yesterday we went out and it was really windy, the leaves and bags etc were swirling all around him, he didnt like that much,he even barked at a trampy looking man who was kicking through the leaves as he walked past :2431: ..... i just carried on and ignored him (fred thats it, not the man) ....

let us know how marley gets on hun,and give my boy a kiss.... it must be awful for you to see him like that :love: :love: ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forum Stresshead!!!   The  Forum Stresshead!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forum Stresshead!!!
Page 1 of 1