Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
more news of the police dogs in car story Vote_lcapmore news of the police dogs in car story Voting_barmore news of the police dogs in car story Vote_rcap 
Sandra
more news of the police dogs in car story Vote_lcapmore news of the police dogs in car story Voting_barmore news of the police dogs in car story Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

more news of the police dogs in car story

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

more news of the police dogs in car story Empty
PostSubject: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:05 am

A POLICE dog handler caused outrage yesterday after he left two of his force's
alsatians in his car - and they roasted to death.

more news of the police dogs in car story SNN0317GA_120_838149a

Top brass were swamped by angry calls from animal lovers over the heatwave
horror - amid repeated warnings to the public not to lock pets in motors.
Grief ... cop lays flowers
Last night the handler - described as an "experienced" officer - was warned he
could face jail as colleagues and the RSPCA launched a probe.
The two German Shepherds - whose training cost taxpayers almost £20,000 - died
in agony as the temperature in the car rose to 116°F.
The handler had nipped into Nottinghamshire police's HQ in Sherwood on a day
off, leaving his private motor in the staff car park.
Experts said it was so hot the animals would have perished in minutes. The
maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six
months' jail or a £20,000 fine. The handler was not on duty yesterday -
although he has not been suspended.

Stunned locals were yesterday invited to leave flowers for the dogs at the
police HQ.

PC Tony Crowshaw, himself a dog handler, laid the force's own tribute - white
lilies and chrysanthemums.
more news of the police dogs in car story SNN0317C_180_837870a
Chief Supt Ak Khan said: "We in the force are all very shocked." Assistant
Chief Constable Peter Davies added: "This is a tragic incident."
Police authority chairman Cllr John Clarke demanded a guarantee that lessons
would be learned.
Debbie Waller, of the People And Dogs Together charity, said: "I would expect
a prosecution to be considered."

OWNERS were warned yesterday not to let dogs swim in ponds and lakes
because of toxic algae thriving in the heatwave.

more news of the police dogs in car story Dog_583472a

Tony Crowshaw, a police dog handler with his dog Guido, paid tribute to the dead animals outside force HQ

TELL us what you think about the dog deaths at MySun below.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2513081/Roasted-alive.html

Last edited by liverbird@home on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:54 am

these 2 dogs where fellow k9 police officers and should be treated as such in my opinion.. their fellow partner/handler should be sacked now, and charged with the unlawful killing of his fellow police officers.
had it been the 2 dogs attacked and killed him...
well!!! we all know the out come that would of been dont we.
they trusted him to protect them as they protected him on many occasions.
:san56:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:45 pm

awww look at the mali

i totally agree hun theses dogs gave their lives every night on duty and deserved a better handler, and he need to get everything thrown at him
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:53 pm

i bet you where disgusted at his neglect fazza, but as you said yesterday this is just 1 handler out of thousands, and not all should be tarred with the same brush, there a good handlers like you,dedicated to your dogs welfare, and bad ones like him. lets hope lessons will be learnt...
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm

to be honest i was utterly shocked and the amount of ppl that have txted me told me ect and ranted on bout the police not giving a dam has upset me a bit. as i have some very good friends who are handler and i know how much they love and adore their dogs. unlike this man, its not like you could have done this by mistake, i have been having to leave my two at home all day and i hate it as do they but for their sake i have to i have a air con dog van but i aint risking it.

wen i trained with Greater manchester Police, it was boiling most days, the care taken for the dogs tho was amazing the aircon was on for them water given at all times and the dogs health and welfare were number one if it was boinling we stayed at HQ and worked round that area. if the dogs looked a little hot we just stopped and didnt push them. this is why i am soooo shocked.

but one thing the trainers always said to me, the majority of handlers are not dog handlers, they are policemen with dogs, this is one reason they find it hard giving them malis.
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:07 pm

yeh i get yer hun :love: if they had been in the dog fan with the air con it might have been a differant story, if he was off duty why did he have them in his car? 🤔 maybe he had just had them out for a run or something, which would of made them go downhill even quicker if they had no water, it's all a bit odd innit 🤔
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 pm

our van has a fan in roof ,was ok when only showing axle but now with 4 in van added an additional electric fan today and another roof fan to be fitted before we travel down to wales for the 2 day show . all doors are left open when at shows and reflective cover tied across doors more news of the police dogs in car story 729386
no excuse really for what happened above :Angry:
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:14 pm

As I think I've said before how anybody could be so stupid is beyond me. There is absolutely no excuse for this whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:14 pm

its very strange the first thing these officers learn is the care of their dog, that is NO-1

i just cannot get my head round it at all! i have to say i havent met ppl who love their dogs more then some handlers im not just saying that but, like with myself you work side by side everyday/night they are your best mate and partner. and that bond from working is very strong you have to trust your dog 100% ive been up against ppl with knives, i have to know my dogs game for it and its scary but its hard to describe. lol

ppl think im mad cos i will spend 5 grand on kiera these are ppl with pet dogs, and i try and explain shes my best mate in the world, and they dont get it. she saved my life a few times on and off duty i owe her my life.

so to hear this happen is very sad and i am so upset for the dogs i really am
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:15 pm

i agree bev its not like its something you wouldnt know i just dont get it and i hope they throw away the key on him
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:18 pm

:love: you should be proud of what you do for your dogs fazza, if every dog handler was like you, tradgedy's like this would'nt happen. :love:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:26 pm

i agree hun thank you :love:

i remeber beeming with pride when kiera learnt the ropes my dad was sooo scared for me so i said come and watch her training. that day we sent her out of the car window after a guy that was just stood their doing nought *obviously a baiter tho lol* and my dad never worried after that :2445:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 pm

:love: how lovely :love:

parents eh!! :san15: what we do without em :love:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:54 pm

i know :san42:
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:05 pm

liverbird@home wrote:
:love: how lovely :love:

parents eh!! :san15: what we do without em :love:

MY daughter seems to think she could do quite a lot without hers!! :2445:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:06 pm

:2445: i bet she would change her mind if she had to more news of the police dogs in car story 867525
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:08 pm

:2431: awww we all think that wen we are young :san42:
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Thats the annoying thing though. I'm always here when she decides she DOES need me after all! :san54:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:16 pm

more news of the police dogs in car story 729386 i know that feeling 5 times over bev more news of the police dogs in car story 867525
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm

as someones child i can only say we dont mean to be spoilt bratts more news of the police dogs in car story 434936 :love:
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:25 pm

:2445: :2445:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 pm

GR8GSD wrote:
as someones child i can only say we dont mean to be spoilt bratts more news of the police dogs in car story 434936 :love:
our Melissa said it's our fault we made her into one :san42:
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:42 pm

I think the funniest thing I ever experienced with Chloe was when, having left home at 17 to work on an event yard, she thought she knew it all. She had no money problems cos she earned a pittance and was always too shattered to go anywhere.
When she came out of horses and got a 'proper' job she earned twice as much money & was adamant she could now afford to move in with her BF & was mature enough to handle it so we left her to it (as she demanded) but when it all went pear shaped she blamed us saying we had dropped her in it by not being there for her anymore!!! :san42:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:45 pm

:2431: what are they like, thats typical of kids today more news of the police dogs in car story 867525
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 pm

She's driving me nuts atm Karen. Does Melissa still live at home?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more news of the police dogs in car story   more news of the police dogs in car story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

more news of the police dogs in car story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next