Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Marleys a poorly boy Vote_lcapMarleys a poorly boy Voting_barMarleys a poorly boy Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Marleys a poorly boy Vote_lcapMarleys a poorly boy Voting_barMarleys a poorly boy Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Marleys a poorly boy

Go down 
+8
Lynne
jacobrad
Sandra
SUMMER
GR8GSD
Lainee
fredsmum
Judes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Marleys a poorly boy Empty
PostSubject: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:07 am

Got up through the night as we heard Marley which is most unusual and he had been sick in his crate, Ed took him out and he has terrible runs which looks like watery porridge.

He hasnt been too well over the past couple of days and we had an incident on Monday night where he started to rive and eat all my plants in the tubs on the decking, he was in a right panic, he started on the pansies and I pulled him away and his head went straight into the bizzy lizzies and mint, we pulled him off. We have a bench blocking the decking and the garden so Kala cant get on as we need to fence off the pond, Marley has never bothered with it but on monday he was straight over and started riving and eating grass, it was sheer panic with him when we brought him in we closed the doors and he was jumping and screaming to be out.

he seemed ok yesterday, poos normal, seemed happy but he's not well this morning.

I'm going to starve him today but if he's no better tomorrow I'll take a trip to Neil this is the second time in 2 weeks.

Poor Kala cant understand why her big bro doesnt want to play with her, she is lying in a right strop in the kitchen!!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:12 am

aww poor marley he does go through it doesnt he :love: :love: let us know how he goes on jude...
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:13 am

Poor marley i hope he is feeling better soon
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 am

fredsmum wrote:
aww poor marley he does go through it doesnt he :love: :love: let us know how he goes on jude...

In all honesty Shell he has never really been "right" since he was poisoned. Even though Neil tells me he is fine and I really trust him, I really wonder what internal damage he has been left with.

I have never seen him in the sheer panic he was in the other night, he's just sleeping on the sofa at the moment he hasnt even heard the postie which is a first!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 am

it does make you wonder jude.. maybe you could voice your concerns to the vet again and see what he can do, there may be some tests to determine whats going on inside....

there isnt anything poisonous in the garden is there,that he can get to?!...
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 am

fredsmum wrote:
it does make you wonder jude.. maybe you could voice your concerns to the vet again and see what he can do, there may be some tests to determine whats going on inside....

there isnt anything poisonous in the garden is there,that he can get to?!...

Not that I know off. He usually doesnt bother with anything in the garden apart from chewing grass at times, he's really good he doesnt even bother the pond at all which amazes us especially with his love of water.
I think I'll have a word with Neil. Marleys a poorly boy 729386 Marleys a poorly boy 729386
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 am

i would hun, if theres something worng thats gone undetected you may get it beofre it does any damage..... does he drink the pond water? do you treat the grass or plants with anything? the neighbours wouldnt throw anything over would they??!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 am

awww no poor lad :love:

i hope he feels better soon hun. i would ask your vet again if hes sure theirs nothing eles wrong. he could just as easily picked up a bug tho, plus the heat can effect them badly
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:28 am

Aww poor marley,could be the heat,shadow doesnt do well in
this heat,he hardly eats and he is often sick with runny poo
as soon as the weather cools down he's back to normal,but still
worth checking with your vet hun. :love:
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:29 am

fredsmum wrote:
i would hun, if theres something worng thats gone undetected you may get it beofre it does any damage..... does he drink the pond water? do you treat the grass or plants with anything? the neighbours wouldnt throw anything over would they??!?!?!?

No he looks at the fish in the pond but he doesnt drink the water. I have great neighbours they wouldnt do anything. dont treat plants etc with anything. It might just be another bug, he's been off his food for a couple of days though he wants to eat Kala's!!!
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 am

yea some dogs dont cope well with the heat at all do they its been awfully muggy up here recently and not nice for them at all
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am

as the others have said, it could be just the heat.... fingers crossed its only something as simple as that hun :love: ... he could just be a dog with a really sensitive tummy
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 am

Aww not again Jude, you must be right down about it, :love: lets cross fingers that he will right himself and it just be the heat hun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:22 am

2 of mine have been a bit runny over the last few days, i usually give mine arrowroot biscuits and that seems to sort them, hope he feels better soon, if it is a bug i should keep a eye on kala ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:14 pm

jacobrad wrote:
2 of mine have been a bit runny over the last few days, i usually give mine arrowroot biscuits and that seems to sort them, hope he feels better soon, if it is a bug i should keep a eye on kala ,

Im keeping a close eye on Kala Sue, she seems fine at the moment but if she gets the runs I'll have her straight up to the vets.

I'll get Ed to get some arrowroot biscuits this afternoon and give them a try.

Marleys a poorly boy 75390
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh no poor lad
Hope he's feeling better soon :love:
Back to top Go down
Steffie

Steffie

Female
Number of posts : 1051
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Awww poor Marley. I hope he feels better soon :love:

I would definatly speak to the vet again about your concerns for his internals Marleys a poorly boy 729386
Back to top Go down
Big J

Big J

Female
Number of posts : 273
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm

:sadd: Poor lad, hope he is feeling better soon xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.kjacksonphotography.co.uk
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 pm

big hugs for marley Judes :love: :love: :love:
and dont worry too much hun it prob is the weather, mine have been a bit off their food too Marleys a poorly boy 729386
except Shady of course
Marleys a poorly boy 925943
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Awww poor Marley, I hope you get to the bottom of it Jude :love: :love: :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:08 pm

freds been a little off colour today, hes had the runs, and ive kept him out the sun as much as possible...

all the dogs are suffering with the heat bless them :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:36 am

When I took Kala to the vets last night I asked Neil about Marleys behaviour with the plants and the grass, he said Marley was desperately trying to make himself sick......which he was eventually.

I said to neil that I had starved Marley on Tuesday and put him on Chicken and rice the next day but I had kept giving Kala chicken and rice yesterday was that wrong. He asked if Kala had been sick I said no he said I had done right. He said the golden rule is if they are sick starve then but if they just have the runs still feed them with chicken and rice as it will only make them weaker by not feeding them. I never knew that, I thought he was going to tell me off!! :2431:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:41 am

ooh right, i never knew to starve them if they were sick... its common sense really i spose lol.... i knew to give chicken and rice when theyve got the runs ..so im not all dim :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marleys a poorly boy   Marleys a poorly boy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marleys a poorly boy
Page 1 of 1