Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
fish keep sinking and dying Vote_lcapfish keep sinking and dying Voting_barfish keep sinking and dying Vote_rcap 
Sandra
fish keep sinking and dying Vote_lcapfish keep sinking and dying Voting_barfish keep sinking and dying Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

fish keep sinking and dying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

fish keep sinking and dying Empty
PostSubject: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:33 am

i need your help again kenny :2431:

i found another bloomin fish dead this morning..one of my original mollys :san56: i noticed that before it died it was swimming around the bottom of the tank, but i naively thought maybe it was hiding because it used to get harrassd by the male all the time until i got a couple more females in the tank.... then i remembered that my gourami also did this before it died, that was swimming on the gravel practically before it died 🤔

whats going on, what am i doing wrong????
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:35 am

Aww Nooooooo :love: :love:

It's horrible when you go through a spell like this, I have had it happen ages ago and it makes you wonder what the hell is happening :love:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 am

it does sange fish keep sinking and dying 729386 ... its bloomin annoying and quite sad!!....
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 am

Hope Kenny has the answer for you fish keep sinking and dying 729386 and things get better :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:41 am

think i will definately get round to taking a water sample to the local aquatics centre this weekend.. not going to PAH with one, i watched a couple of youg girls test a blokes tank sample last week, they didnt know what they were on about, and the bloke went away none the wiser :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 am

I know, they can be terrible there, the girl didn't even which were the Kribs or how to sex them, yet they got the bloomin cheek to ask you a load of questions before they sell you a fish that you can lie through your teeth about :2431:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 am

lol, i know... its all bullshit!!.... i once went and enquired about crayfish, i asked the youg bloke all about them, what i needed and what i should buy, he walked around with me and guided me... when i got it home and set it up i thought i would look on the net and see what it said about them.. i had completely the wrong set up, no where enough room for one let alone two!!! so i ended up buying an albino frog from the aquatic centre instead fish keep sinking and dying 482195
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:50 pm

remember P.A.H have no experience with aquatics ,most aquatic shops are owned by people who have kept or breed fish for many years and with many years experience
U urgentley need ur water tested Shelley(sorry tank water) or try ebay and buy kit yourself the tetra test kit is easy to use and gives instructions how to remedy.but get the multiple test kit if u have this u can check water weekly or monthly and will help u notice any problems before fish die, Bicardonate of soda can be used to adjust ph if required but after making any changes to water u have to retest after a few days to ensure u have not added to much thats why test kit is a good idea.
IF its a quick test a ph strip will work (u can buy these out of chemist) ur tank ph needs to be around 7
hope this helps for now Shelley
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 pm

cheers kenny, yes i definately need to do something....ive lost another fish today, the balloon molly, he was absolutely fine yesterday...but today i find him dying with one large black eye and the other one is normal, then a few hours later hes dead!!!

on a good note though, the silver molly had her babies last night, but the fantails have eaten them fish keep sinking and dying 482195 ... they were gorgeous.. im sure there is a couple milling about somewhere in the tank.... i hope they survive!!!
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 pm

shelley sounds like pop eye see pics and right up

fish keep sinking and dying Picture103-1
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 pm

🤔 the eye wasnt that big though kenny, it didnt pop out of the face, it looked like one of the fantails had punched him and given him a black eye :2431:
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 pm

the pics are of advanced stage will just look slightly larger than other eye to start with 🤔
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 pm

oh right, maybe thats what it was then, i serioulsy need to get my arse into gear and get the tank water changed.... its seems to be only the fantails that survive :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 am

Aww you lost another one :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 pm

i did sange, and all my babies have gone too :cryyyyyy: tomorrow we are off to the garden centre, where they ahve a large aquatic section, and im going to get my water tested,and sort the bloomin tank out once and for all... fish keep sinking and dying 729386 ... its not looking very good at all at the moment, theres plants all over the place, where ive tried to group them together to hide the babies....

so tomorrow its overhaul day for the tishie tank :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm

I will cross fingers that it ends quickly for you hun, it's no laughing matter when things are going wrong and you cannot work out what it is, keep us updated on the water test 🤔
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 pm

get the shop to give u results and recommended action to take if its not to far away take water back after aweek and get them to retest do not BUY ANY FISH until u have resolved problem fish keep sinking and dying 729386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fish keep sinking and dying   fish keep sinking and dying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fish keep sinking and dying
Page 1 of 1