Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Vote_lcapMan saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Voting_barMan saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Vote_lcapMan saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Voting_barMan saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Empty
PostSubject: Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner   Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

2:00pm Tuesday 28th December 2010
A MAN who rescued a dog which had been thrown out of a car and was close to death has turned him into a winning pet.

Tony Quarterman spotted the white German shepherd in a field near to his Worcestershire home in February last year after being alerted by a neighbour who thought that Mr Quarterman’s dog, the same breed, had escaped.

When he found his dog – eight-year-old Sadie – safe at home, he realised the dog spotted by the neighbour was a stray and needed rescuing. Retired haulier Mr Quarterman, who lives in Great Witley, near Worces-ter, said: “When I saw him he was in quite a state. But when I went up to try to get him, he walked away from me and I couldn’t catch him.

“He was very nervous and I just couldn’t quite get hold of him.

“Someone who lived in the village said they had seen him being dumped from a car – the owner just didn’t want him. I had seen over the weeks that the dog had gradually begun to deteriorate in his health.

“I had walked hundreds of miles trying to get him. I would go out and get my Worcester News from the shop and then walk around the village trying to find him.

“We knew something had to be done. With the lambing season coming up, I thought that somebody was going to shoot him.”

Mr Quarterman, aged 70, enlisted the help of lengthsman Chris Jones, along with Hollytrees Animal Rescue in Hollywood, near Birming-ham, who set a trap for the animal.

It took just one night to catch the dog, who they named Casper.

A vet who examined him said he only had a few days to live because he was so thin, weighing just 9kg.

After a month at the animal rescue centre, where he was treated for mange, Mr Quaterman’s daughter Jo-anne persuaded her dad to take him in.

“She didn’t want to leave him there and he can put on a good sad face when he wants to,” said Mr Quarterman. “I decided if he got on well with Sadie, then we would have him, and the first time they met they were like the best of friends.”

Now weighing a healthy 45kg, Casper recently won awards at a national dog show in Perry Barr, Birmingham.

“I was just so proud of him,” said Mr Quarterman. “How could anyone throw a dog like him out of the car?

“I can’t understand the extent of their cruelty and he nearly didn’t survive, but it is great to see him now.”

View pictures below
http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/worcestershire/8758799.I_saved_this_dog___s_life_____now_he___s_a_prize_winner/
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner   Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner 277732 casper , the bastards that dumped you need shooting
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner   Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:06 pm

:xmas: Makes a nice change to have a happy ending :xmas:

How could someone just dump a dog like that Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner 981857 It makes me so mad Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner 866713

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner   Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man saves dogs life. now he's a Prize winner
Page 1 of 1