Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_lcapTrouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Voting_barTrouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_lcapTrouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Voting_barTrouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)

Go down 
+5
SUMMER
Lorz
Sandra
bingnblaze
liverbird
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Milan? or Stilwell? You Decide
1/ Milan
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_lcap40%Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
2/Stilwell
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_lcap50%Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
You Decide
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_lcap10%Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Empty
PostSubject: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Dog fight: The dominant attitude of American celebrity pet trainer
Cesar Millan is at odds with the more gentle approach favoured by
British trainer Victoria Stilwell

It has become a bitter row, and neither side is likely to roll over any time soon.

A dispute has broken out among Britain’s dog trainers over whether we
should be dominating our pooches or treating them as equals.

One side insists it is fine to pin dogs to the ground in an ‘alpha
roll’, while other trainers are fierce advocates of the more modern
technique of ‘positive rewarding’.

They insist the more traditional method amounts to animal cruelty and
can lead to increased stress for the dog - and they have launched an
organisation to regulate dog trainers and stamp out the practice.

The traditionalists favour techniques espoused by Mexican-American
animal behaviourist Cesar Millan, who has made a fortune from The Dog
Whisperer - a TV series in which he re-trains problem dogs.

Mr Millan, whose clients include actress Scarlett Johansson and chatshow
host Oprah Winfrey, says dogs should be treated as animals, not
substitute children. He advocates the owner ensuring it is clear they
are the ‘pack leader’.

In contrast, English dog trainer Victoria Stilwell’s TV show It’s Me Or
The Dog encourages owners to think of their dogs as equals.

‘Any person can make an animal behave through force and fear,’ the 41-year-old former actress from London told The Sunday Times.

It is supporters of Mrs Stilwell’s doctrine who have created the Animal
Behaviour and Training Council, with the support of animal welfare
groups including the RSPCA and the Dogs Trust.

‘The aim is to standardise what is going on, because at the moment
anybody can say “I know there is a leg on each corner – so I can train
them”,’ said the council’s chairman, David Montgomery.

The council, to be launched next month, will regulate trainers in the
UK, and those practising the ‘alpha roll’ are ‘unlikely’ to make the
grade, Mr Montgomery added.

However, Colin Tennant, who has trained 10,000 dogs and chairs the
Canine and Feline Behaviour Association, said: ‘It is political
correctness. If you treat a dog like a human it will treat you like a
dog.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0w7ynoZHV
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:27 pm

i prefer victoria stillwell all the way
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:59 am

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 517699 I voted 'u decide'

I like a bit of this and a bit of that Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 am

I watch both this is a difficult one but going to vote with my gutt instinct!!!
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515 I thought everyone one here thought that Milan was the dogs Bollocks wait until Shelley sees this Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589 she will have a hissy fit Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I think they are both up their own arses. Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm

liverbird wrote:
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515 I thought everyone one here thought that Milan was the dogs Bollocks wait until Shelley sees this Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589 she will have a hissy fit Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515

SUMMER wrote:
I think they are both up their own arses. Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

MILLAN IS A GOD!!!! Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 18969 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 18969 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 18969

Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm

SUMMER wrote:

or each others Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 112430
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 am

I used to love Cesar but as i got to know my own dogs better i found the stilwell appraoch works better for me... thats not to say i think of them as equals i dont they are dogs and have their place ( lieing next to me on the marital bed Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 41621 with hubby asleep on the couch Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 41621 )

So i suppose you watch both take aspects from both and use what works for you but Stilwell gets my vote.... Ive used a lot of her techniques....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515 Stilwell Still winning the vote
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 pm

it depends what works for your dog, not all methods of training works for every dog, theyre all individuals like we are Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

i tend to think that cesars methods work better for fred Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 Your right
I don't use either of them tbh Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 583730
probably why

Bailey has separation anxiety
Tilly hates small dogs
and Shady doesn't listen to me
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 575435
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 pm

:san12: :san12: :san12: :san12:

freds had no end of training and he still hates other dogs ..... :2431:

hes getting better though.... depends what mood hes in :rolls eyes: :
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 am

liverbird wrote:
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 Your right
I don't use either of them tbh Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 583730
probably why

Bailey has separation anxiety
Tilly hates small dogs
and Shady doesn't listen to me
Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 575435

Haha that's so funny Karen Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589

I have the same problem Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589 Hazel is aloof and thinks above herself. Misty has more problems than the whole of all the dogs in any rescue put together. Bryn lives his life like Scooby Doo and all I can say is thank god Ellie is tiny, if she was bigger it would be watch out the friggin world Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 457589
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm

:san12: :san12: :san12: :san12:

this must mean that freds not the problem dog i once thought he was then.....

hes normal :tilly:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:01 pm

He is Shell Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 wait till you meet mine then you will put Fred on a pedastol Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 pm

:san12: surely not :2431: ...

freds a good lad really, i have high standards too bloomin high me thinks :rolls eyes: :
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

That's what Gaz says as well but I say they should bloody behave the way I want Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:19 pm

thats what i say too sange Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

they do behave for me, its every fecker else in the house they misbehave for.... when the OH is not here and the kids are out or at school, the dogs are perfect Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222

you can guarantee within 10mins of the OH being home fred will tear the place up running around and play fighting and daisy will have learnt bad habits :rolls eyes: :
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515 Same here, they are all led by me nice and quiet Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 I will go to the garden in a bit to pick some pea's beans carrots and cabbage and they will come with me and be great, wait till Gaz comes in Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 863498 different story
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:40 pm

bloody men... theyre a liability :rolls eyes: :
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 they are, they think dogs train, feed and brush themselves Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 658515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222 .... weve had no end of arguments over the bloomin dog(when it was just fred) ..

i told him....he either does it my way or he can stay in feckin camp :ciggy:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:36 pm

im afraid i cant STAND stillwell shes a complete and utter f**k witt and actually prob does more harm then good. she doesnt deal with true aggressive cases as if she did shed tell them to be PTS. trust me she came to GMP kennels to film, and told the police their dogs were crazy and needed to be destroyed Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 300576 could tell you a LOT more about this visit as was rather funny, she was so dam scared of a lovely 18 month old GSD that she had to work with, in the end the dog wouldnt listen to her so his handler was in the background giving the commands.

as a trainer you dont just use one method you have a tool box with many ideas to suite each dog and handler, but training a working dog is sooooo diff to a pet. and i know a lot of traininers round here wont touch aggressive dogs thats why i get them, and we manage to sort them out.....and certainly not by using stillwells ideas lol

PS i LOVE millan :D xx
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 pm

We know you love CM yer dirty mare Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 41621 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 41621 Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 41621

I agree each dog and each prob is diff and so is pet training to working etc Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) 910222
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)   Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble with the trainers; Stilwell versus Milan (poll)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next