Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Vote_lcapEuston, I have a big problem!!! Voting_barEuston, I have a big problem!!! Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Euston, I have a big problem!!! Vote_lcapEuston, I have a big problem!!! Voting_barEuston, I have a big problem!!! Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Euston, I have a big problem!!!

Go down 
+8
BrenA
jacobrad
fredsmum
liverbird
Sandra
halfpint-tc
Judes
hilary bradshaw
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female
Number of posts : 2629
Rep : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Euston, I have a big problem!!! Empty
PostSubject: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:11 pm

As you know, I have 5 dogs, 3 rough collies and 2 gsd's

Today I had a letter from the council regarding a complaint about the noise of the barking. this obviously can from our next door neighbours, who are joined to us.
We don't get on, but they do have a point and I can only admit that their complaint is valid.

whenever someone knocks, the postman, if someone comes in, if someone walks past with a dog, even when we celebrate Liverpool scoring (ok, I know that doesn't happen too often) it starts them all off.
also when they know they are going out it is pandemonium.

we use a water spray but this doesn;t work to well.
sometimes Ste, who works nights, gets an early finish, say at 4 am, they all start barking. My neighbours have a valid complaint!!!

I am at my whits end, I don't know how to stop it. I rang the council and addmitted to them there is a problem. they were very nice but stated we have a month to sort it or we will be taken to court.

The complaint was very vague, they have said that the dogs bark all day and into the night.
I don't think they bark when we are out (only if someone knocks) and when we are in they only bark when one of the listed things above happens.

they do not continously bark. Even though, this needs to be rectified. I don't like my neighbours but they have every right to be annoyed, and I want to put this right. there is only Sacha, who doesn't really bark, one dogs sets the other off and its pandemonium.

Can someone please offer me some help. IOwn the house, so we can't be kicked out but I am frightened we might be forced into losing some of our dogs.

I am worried sick.
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm

I really dont know what to suggest Hilary as we have the same problem with Marley. Kala very rarely barks but marley Barks at certain people walking past the house,hates the postman, hates delivery men, barks if I leave the room to go to the loo, barks if anyone comes into the house, barks if anyone walks down the stairs and stand in the room at times and barks just for attention. At the moment Im very lucky we have lovely neighbours but at times it really gets me down and Im worried about when we move!! he doesnt bark once he goes to bed so thats not too bad. I really hope you find a solution Hilary Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
halfpint-tc

halfpint-tc

Female
Number of posts : 312
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 pm

aww hilary i feel sorry for you, Euston, I have a big problem!!! 165548 the only little bit of advice i can offer is what i got told to do by a trainer make some kind of rattle, like peas in a tin and shake it when they start to bark, it does work in a way they focus on that rather the door and i always leave the radio on hope it helps you a little Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Hilary Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 firstly try not to worry hun

Have you tried a bark stop? if so any joy? if not, I will send you mine hun, plug it in and see if it helps to stop them from barking, if you want to try it, send me your address again and I will pop it in the post tomorrow, it works for some not for others Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515

Last edited by Sandra on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 pm

bloody hell Hilary i don't know what to say tbh Euston, I have a big problem!!! 447425 my dogs bark when people knock on the door but not enough to annoy the neighbors.
i don't think anyway none have said anything anyway Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576 Bailey barks constantly in the back yard if he is locked put but i dont lock the door any more.
i wish i could be of help. have you tried any of those bark control gadgets,
i know a few on here have bought them but can't remember if they said they work still or not. Wilkinsons sell them for about £30 they let off a high pitched noise humans can't hear when they bark and it's supposed to stop them.
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:15 pm

I have tried the spray one and the barkbuster on Marley and they worked at first for a couple of days then he got used to them and they had no effect after that. they do work for some though Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:18 pm

I have tried them on mine Jude and they never really worked Euston, I have a big problem!!! 583730 but could be worth a try for Hilary Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm

I can't use anything sonic because of the rats Euston, I have a big problem!!! 583730
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 pm

i was going to suggest a bark stop too.... but you cant if you have the rats Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576

what about spray collars?... i could loan you mine ... its not being used at the moment Euston, I have a big problem!!! 583730 (i would let you have it, but if i was ever to get another pup i might need it lol) i know you need more than one, but you could fin out who the instigator is and use it on them, the rest will follow suit .....hopefully lol

im wondering if theres a voice activated device you can buy that wouldnt hurt the rats.... something that makes a sound when activated Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576

or theres a spray you can buy that makes a noise.... pretty much similar to using a can of stones tbh...

other than that im not sure hun Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm

i was going to say bark collars i know it worked for my friends dog
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

bark collars are good Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222 the only problem i had was freds hair.....i had to trim it around the device ....

and dont shout near it when the dogs wearing it..... it bloody stinks and tastes horrible :2431:
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

bloody hell be no good at this house then Euston, I have a big problem!!! 41621
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 pm

:san12: :san12: i lost count of how many times i got sprayed :san12: :san12: ... he would do something naughty....i would go up to him and tell him no ....an then i would be sprayed :san12:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 pm

fredsmum wrote:
:san12: :san12: i lost count of how many times i got sprayed :san12: :san12: ... he would do something naughty....i would go up to him and tell him no ....an then i would be sprayed :san12:

Euston, I have a big problem!!! 457589 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 457589 i remember you telling us that Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Euston, I have a big problem!!! 40512 Hilary i feel so sorry for you

I have the same problem with my dogs constantly barking when someone walks past the house Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222 Keira is the instigator and Mickey follows suit Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222

I dont think i could ever live in a semi detached house because of it Euston, I have a big problem!!! 658515 id be like you at my whits end

Like Shelley said if you could to try to work out which dog is the instigator and concentrate on that one to start with trying a bark collar
I know if Mickey is in on his own he doesnt bother barking when the post paperboy etc call but if Keira starts then he is as bad Euston, I have a big problem!!! 894833 they fuel each other

Its horrible having neighbours like this Euston, I have a big problem!!! 894833 I had 5 cats once and the neighbours were always making comments about them pooing in their garden i found out on my house deeds that i was only allowed 3 domestic pets so was always worried they would report me to someone about it Euston, I have a big problem!!! 56081 (have no idea who that would have been) That was a private house so just incase your neighbours try that route check your deeds
Is there no way you can speak to the neighbours and tell them you are trying to sort the problem in the hope they wont pursue the matter Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576
What about some kind of soundproofing on the attached wall as a last resort

I really hope you can get this sorted asap to stop you having to worry about it Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 pm

soundproofing is a good idea bren.... Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222 .... its a shame when you havent got good neightbours.....im lucky that way....*touches wood*......one side has a gob the size of the mersey tunnel and the other side has a wood saw going day and ngiht, so i dont either side are in a postion to complain lol
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm

I think I may go for a citronella collar for the 3 main culprits.

what is citronella????

could I not buy some and spray it instead of water?

the barking is only a problem when we are in, I don't think its bad when we are out apart from a dog walking past or someone knocking.

someone is in most of the time to chastise them!
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:13 am

Who are the main culprits Hilary Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576

Not sure whether you can buy it in spray form other than for the collars Euston, I have a big problem!!! 289342 Ive never seen it Euston, I have a big problem!!! 583730
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 am

Dont know if this will work but try everything until you find something.
Work on the dogs one at a time with a water spray or a rattle. If you try and do it en mass you will never succeed. Do it one at a time once they all have it individually then try 2 at a time until they get it right. Its gonna take a while but be confident. You will never stop the barking it is their job to tell you there is someone at the door.. on your property if you know what i mean so accept that all you want to do is be able to stop them. Aim for that one.... lol..... but if you can control the situation so when you shout shut up they do then you have suceeded. Im not a trainer this is just from experience. You have to teach them the command.. QUIET !
I am still working on my girl she refuses to stop barking but now its one bark and i have tried it all. Now when she barks she immediately looks at me to see whats gonna happen to her...pmsl... a big jug of water works great as well..... as long as its easy to tidy up afterwards. The stones in a milk carton is awesome.. ask Jan about that one and her girl Summer... its a shock to hear it but it doesnt work with every dog and this can be the problem....

You will need a lovely assistant to be the trigger...lol.. its a great game if you have kids and they need a bit of entertainment !!!!

Good Luck and may the force be with you.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am

*hugs* Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515 bings is the same will bark at EVERYTHING! were lucky tho 1 neighbour doesnt mind - we sed 2 him sorry if bings barking is annoying they sed they hardly notice, the other neighbour has 3 labs who howl constantly when they go out which is pretty much all ov the time so they cant complain

hope u get it sorted soon hun
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:06 pm

I do sympathise Hilary. We are lucky here as we are detached and there are two dogs on one side of us and four on the other so nobody really worries too much. I've never had a complaint in all the time I've lived here so I can only assume there's not a problem.

I cant think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. Sorry!!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 pm

you can also buy a correction spray which is very good Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222 dont spray it directly at the dog though ...

im not sure about being able to buy the citronella spray in a can.... you may be able too.....( you can buy the refills, but its not got a spray top, just a nozzle for the device )
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:53 pm

fredsmum wrote:
i was going to suggest a bark stop too.... but you cant if you have the rats Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576

what about spray collars?... i could loan you mine ... its not being used at the moment Euston, I have a big problem!!! 583730 (i would let you have it, but if i was ever to get another pup i might need it lol) i know you need more than one, but you could fin out who the instigator is and use it on them, the rest will follow suit .....hopefully lol

im wondering if theres a voice activated device you can buy that wouldnt hurt the rats.... something that makes a sound when activated Euston, I have a big problem!!! 300576

or theres a spray you can buy that makes a noise.... pretty much similar to using a can of stones tbh...

other than that im not sure hun Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515

Could I please take you up on you very kind offer, (I will pay for postage)the council are loaning me one as well!

to date , there has been a great improvement, I am using a rattle can and have mixed some citronella oil with water in a spray. Everytime we use these we say "QUIET"

At my request, the dog warden came to see us and advised the collars to be used on the main barkers, this is Cassie and Sadie during the day, and Rory and Cassie when Ste comes home from work in the middle of the night.
All thre dogs behaved impecably when he was there.

I have also started sticking a notice on the door when we are out, it says,

"WORKING LAST NIGHT, PLEASE DO NOT KNOCK"
so hopefully people wont knock when we are out, but nobody will know the house is empty.

Ste is off work sick at the moment, but this will help him stop getting disturbed when he is back on nights. (apart from the neighbour who insists on mowing his lawn at 10 am knowing full well Ste is in bed Euston, I have a big problem!!! 73314 ) might have to complain, Euston, I have a big problem!!! 69346
thank you all for your kind help of offers and suggestions! Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

of course hun, i'll post it to you....
pm me your address and i'll mail it out to you, i dont want paying for any p&p, all i ask is that you save it for me in case i ever need it in the future Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515

its good of the council to loan you one as well Euston, I have a big problem!!! 910222

fingers crossed you have the problem under control a.s.a.p
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Glad to hear that there are improvements hun Euston, I have a big problem!!! 805515
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euston, I have a big problem!!!   Euston, I have a big problem!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euston, I have a big problem!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next