Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Anybody here
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
my nephews dog Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
my nephews dog Vote_lcapmy nephews dog Voting_barmy nephews dog Vote_rcap 
Sandra
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

my nephews dog

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 pm

i met my OHs nephews dog properly, i mentioned a while ago that i thoguht the dog was being ill cared for and left outside without adequate housing, well it has been injured, 3 weeks ago they took it lamping, and the dog took off, after 3hrs of searching for it, a car pulled up and asked if they were looking for a dog, and said theyd seen it trotting up the road, its a good job they had seen it, by the time my nephew and his friends got to it, it had tried to jump over barbed wire(i think) fencing, and had got caught on it and was hanging off the fencing by its leg, so for the past 3 weeks it has been living indoors, where it had destroyed half the house by ripping a radiator off in the bathroom, and damaging its self again...

it has recently been moved into the shed, they have converted it into a large dog kennel because they think people have been trying to pinch it, bogus rspca inspectors called around to a neihgbours and enquired about it, they were wearing dark blue trousers and light blue shirts, and apparantly men in the street keep asking them what the dog is!!! i couldnt work out why they would want the dog so badly, until he told me what breed it is.... a pitbull x whippet... you imagine a black whippet on steroids and that is what it looks like!! they travelled all the way to wales for it and paid £270!! .... i was gobsmacked when they told me.... i told them that people had probably heard what breed it is and thats why theyre asking...

they think its funny that this dog dragged my OHs niece by her hair across the room because she was play fighting with her brother, they say it doesnt bite properly, its younger than 18mths, so im sure theres time for it yet.... its used purely for hunting, and not intended to be a fluffy house dog!! but apart from that, its apparantly fine with people, it seemed nice enough when we were there, no manners though, it just helps its self to food whether your holding it or have put it down lol...

not sure what to do on this one... 🤔
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Difficult one this as you will no doubt be seen as interfering. How old is the OHs niece?
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:07 pm

ekkk oh dear thing is it will be condemed to death if ppl think its a pitt

i have friends who have hunting dogs which inc pitt x's like this but they are treated a lot better in respect they have manners and dont dragg kids around!

maybe advice would help with regards to the child but they dont seem the sort to take it......as in the end its the child that suffers after being mauled!

a lot of the trail hounds get stuck on barbed wire up here if they dont tie it down enough on a trial day *not nice* paddy did the same once out working too but he was ok

poor dog
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:08 pm

I was going to suggest anonymous call to RSPCA but for what good they will do....Were they actually bogus anyway?

I think you're right though, they could make him a dangerous lad if they carried on with "dragging people by the hair" etc.

I dunno Shelley, I'm not much help am I? Keep us informed on this one though.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 pm

i know its hard to say wat to do as hes not safe were he is they are not willing gonna listen are they either?
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm

tbh the dog looks well cared for, better than when i first saw it, but it bites everyone apparantly, they say its only nipping, but my OHs neice, who is 15, has nip marks on her arm, it bit her shoulder the other day...shes telling me it bites, but the others are saying its only nipping...im not sure what to believ and im not sure if therye just saying that to me!....

theyre not experienced dog people, and this is my nephews first dog! and everything i tell them, they seem to think im talking rubbish....
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:17 pm

ahhh shit hes obviously biting hun starts off mouthing never gets stopped and so on

shame cos if they just listend to you they would have a good dog and to get a dog for that purpose as your first dog too bloody stupid to they eat wat they kill or just do it for fun? just nosey lol
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:17 pm

If the dog is hurting her it should be stopped, 🤔 doesn't matter if they say it's a nip or she says it is a bite, that's my opinion
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:22 pm

exactly hun its gonna turn in to a nasty situation if left alone
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm

I agree Sandra, nips/bites, neither is acceptable, Stan has growled at Joe a couple of times but its definately not allowed, cant just let them do these things.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm

this is what ive told them, if it is only nipping now, the dog is young and going to get stronger, the biting is going to get worse if its not stopped, there is young children living next door to them and a baby on the way!!... they live in and out of each others house, so its only a matter of time before someone is hurt..

they hunt for fun and to eat the food faz.... apparantly they caught a deer the other week!! and then sold it to a local restaurant!!

its actually worrying, ive told my OH that tia is to never go to any of their houses for a day or for even a few hours to visit no matter how much they protest!!...

when i was there the other day, they never left the dogs side for more than 2 minutes, cos i told them if it bit tia i would stamp on its head lol :2431:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:37 pm

your right tho hun your child is worth a hell of a lot more then their bloody dog this is just bloody dangerous it really is
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:59 pm

i know its a cruel thing to say, but at the end of the day, its either my child or the dog, and the dog doesnt even come a close second!!!

this is a disaster waiting to happen.... tbh if its anything like the other animals they have, it wont be there for long, they either die or they get rid of them...they have ferrets also, which they mate and make money from, when they can, and theyre curently getting rid of a cat because its been pooing in the house, the reason its pooing in the house is because its too scared to go out into the back garden because the dog has tried to attack it!!!!!!!

their next door neighbours have just got rid of another dog, the 5th or 6th one at least since ive known them in 5yrs.... and they also are getting rid of their cat and kitten, theyve also had 2 ducks, but they were killed, and 3 rabbits which died... the woman is pregnant at the moment but is hand rearing 8 pups for her brother, because the dog ate 3 other pups, the pups are pit bull x wheaton terriers....

they should all be banned from animals!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:03 pm

f**k it hun report them its not worth it lol they sound like arse holes of the gigantic kind
Back to top Go down

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 pm

she shouldn`t have animals..report her
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 pm

im thinking i should report them too hun.... 🤔
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:12 pm

yea the dog will be pts if proved is a Pitt but its that of some kids life isnt it and they need to be banned really altho i dought they will do
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:13 pm

im wondering if the people who called round looking for the dog, werent rspca, but some other dog related people, as my nephew isnt exaclty shy in telling you what the dog is crossed with!!
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:45 pm

really f**k we tell everyone our pitt x is a lab lol

i dunno who eles would be able to except the police hun? i would may be inform them too
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:49 pm

thats what i mean hun, hes not shy in telling people what it is, thats why i thought maybe someone came round because someone reported it 🤔
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Yes, people are very funny about dogs in Derby...wouldnt surprise me Shelley.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 pm

wat u mean funny lol
hmm its a tough one as your in the middle aint ya
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:54 pm

i hope it does get taken off them tbh.... my nephews dog 729386
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Funny as in so many people think certain breeds are just dangerous and a no go no matter what.
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm

in that dogs case they would be right i think, my nephew is its main carer, he walks it and takes it hunting, i often wonder what he would do if the dog chose to attack another animal on the streets there people were out and about, im not sure if he could handle the dog!... i could be wrong, but when he goes hunting he goes with much more experienced older people, who have been bred into that life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my nephews dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: my nephews dog   my nephews dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my nephews dog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All About Dogs :: Dog Talk-
Jump to: