Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Vote_lcapCulture Clash - or ignorance? Voting_barCulture Clash - or ignorance? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Culture Clash - or ignorance? Vote_lcapCulture Clash - or ignorance? Voting_barCulture Clash - or ignorance? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Culture Clash - or ignorance?

Go down 
+3
slynico
Judes
liverbird
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Culture Clash - or ignorance? Empty
PostSubject: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Quote :
In Dubai it is illegal to have sex outside marriage and to drink
alcohol outside licenced premises.
So...a british woman went with a male friend to a hotel in Dubai, got
falling down drunk and passed out in the Ladies. Where she was found
and raped.
She went to the police to report the rape...and got arrested for having
sex outside marriage (with the male friend) and getting drunk in
public.

http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-26571.html

thats awful Culture Clash - or ignorance? 894833
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 pm

That is terrible Culture Clash - or ignorance? 894833
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 am

But their Law Culture Clash - or ignorance? 517699
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female
Number of posts : 2629
Rep : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:49 am

surely her offence and the rape should be investigated
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:55 am

slynico wrote:

it always maddens me though that we abide by their laws when we visit their countries but when they have to inflict our laws onto them in our country we are accused of being racist or not being sympathetic of their culture. The rape should be investigated Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

Culture Clash - or ignorance? 517699
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Judes wrote:
slynico wrote:

it always maddens me though that we abide by their laws when we visit their countries but when they have to inflict our laws onto them in our country we are accused of being racist or not being sympathetic of their culture. The rape should be investigated Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

Totally Agree Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

People should abide by the law of whatever country they are in or face the concequences Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

Trouble is in this country you break the law especially as a foreigner and we do f**k all because our justice system is shite

Your more likely to get a bloody holiday or a cell with a 40" flatscreen and playstation 3 in it Culture Clash - or ignorance? 894833
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

outrageous!!.... bring the bastard who raped her over to this country and punish him according to our laws!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 am

BrenA wrote:
Judes wrote:
slynico wrote:

Totally Agree Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

People should abide by the law of whatever country they are in or face the concequences Culture Clash - or ignorance? 910222

Trouble is in this country you break the law especially as a foreigner and we do f**k all because our justice system is shite

Your more likely to get a bloody holiday or a cell with a 40" flatscreen and playstation 3 in it Culture Clash - or ignorance? 894833

On the one hand you say you are agreeing with Judes but then you say you should abide by the laws of the country you are in. Culture Clash - or ignorance? 300576

If we expect preferential treatment when we are abroad doesnt that mean we are no better than those who come here and do the same?

Dont get me wrong. This annoys me just as much but presumably this woman knew the law, particularly in relation to alcohol. Its common knowledge
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am

I wouldnt expect preferrential treatment abroad as I wouldnt break their laws, As much as I like a glass of wine if I was in a country where it was an offence to drink then I wouldnt but if I did and got caught I would expect to be punished by their law. Rape... no matter what their laws are.....should be dealt with and the person who comitted that crime punished, the single woman did have sex outside of marriage but did not consent to it. She should be punished for the drink charge but not the sex outside marriage.

thats my argument, I believe we are too soft over here when dealing with foreign offenders eg the lockerbie bomber who was handed back to libya on compassionate grounds, what compassion did he show the innocent people he killed, just an example.
Not going to get into an argument about it we all have our differences of opinions and topics like this will always stir up emotions. Rape is just the one thing that really gets to me and no one should get away with it.

I'm off me soap box now Bev!!!! Culture Clash - or ignorance? 658515
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 pm

If people are stupid enough to break the law in Dubai or any other country that is very strict then they need to face the consequences but the rape is another crime that also needs to be investigated

What i meant was that in this country i think we are way too soft and the offenders know it so it doesnt deter them

Like Jude says we all have our own views on subjects like this and we are never going to all agree Culture Clash - or ignorance? 583730
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Culture Clash - or ignorance? 300576
your accountable for your own actions in these countries.

rape is there such a charge in Dubai ?

Remember in there culture woman are not allowed out on there own and must have a chaperon (usually male member of family)

think of this in Saudi there is no alcohol its illegal ( but brits etc still smuggle it in)

Many drive there while over what would be a legal limit here but you can not get charged with drink driving ,why would they need such a law when no legal alcohol in country.

These type of laws are typical of middle east and you have to respect them whether u agree or not
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:28 pm

For once Kenny, I agree with you!! Culture Clash - or ignorance? 989279
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Culture Clash - or ignorance? 729386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Culture Clash - or ignorance?   Culture Clash - or ignorance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Culture Clash - or ignorance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Info, news and Interests :: Read All About it-
Jump to: