Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Vote_lcapEncouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Voting_barEncouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Vote_lcapEncouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Voting_barEncouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?

Go down 
+5
Lainee
Paula
SUMMER
BrenA
liverbird
9 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Empty
PostSubject: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 am

I was just wondering if anyone encourages their dogs to chase squirrels or other small animals. Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 300576
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 am

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 definately not

I suppose if i lived on a farm and had a mice/rat problem in my grain store i might want a few ratters
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:51 am

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 658515 i show Bailey where the squirrels are
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:56 am

Lol,i dont have to show Summer where the squirrels are. Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 658515
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 am

:nhy: Not that it stops them!!! I do everything I can to keep control cos even one of mine is stronger than I am :2445:
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 am

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 but the girls do like to chase the squirrels when they see them and cats for that matter
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 am

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 658515 I don't encourage it but all mine hate cats and chase them outta the garden, Hazel was attacked by a stray in our shed, since then she hates them and has passed the hate onto the other dogs Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 658515
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 732260 poor Hazel.
Tilly and Bailey chase squirrels and cats, Shady runs with them but she has'nt got a clue what they are chasing or why, Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 925943 when i take her out on her own and she sees a cat she's not a bit phased by it Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 she would rather walk up and say hello than chase it off Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 457589
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female
Number of posts : 2629
Rep : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 pm

BrenA wrote:
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 583730 definately not

I suppose if i lived on a farm and had a mice/rat problem in my grain store i might want a few ratters

I have a few rats Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 805515 my dogs love them especially Rory.
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Dogsandrats038-6

I would never encourage my dogs to chase anything. sometimes its difficult to stop them though, they love the rabbits, but I honestly don't think they would do any harm if they did catch them.

all life is precious Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 910222
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 910222 your right Hilary

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Definately Hilary Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 910222

I love Shady more and more when I hear about her beautiful personality Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 805515
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 805515 thanks Sandra
she reminds me of a clumsy Schoolkid
Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 41621
always wanting to please everyone but drops
things and knock things over on the way.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I love rats aswell Hilary but idont know how happy id be having fifty wild rats living and breeding nearby Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 422171
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:53 am

kiera was a great ratter and would kill the rats at one of our old yards, i dont mind that shes doing a job at end of the day. rostam will only chase if told too all mine are safe round small furries and livestock but would love to give chase if i allowed it lol apart from the ratting many yrs ago Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 74848 i make them chase a lure instead now
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am

how did that smilly appear lol
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 pm

GR8GSD wrote:
how did that smilly appear lol

you wrote (n a h ) Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 457589
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:05 pm

did i lol Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 517699 opps lol
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:07 pm

i try my hardest to stop fred chasing small furries,especially when were out ona walk and hes offlead .... its impossible to stop him chasing cats out of the garden though Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? 482195
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?   Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encouraging dogs to chase small animals - is it acceptable?
Page 1 of 1