Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Vote_lcapWalks - Quantity or Quality? Voting_barWalks - Quantity or Quality? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Walks - Quantity or Quality? Vote_lcapWalks - Quantity or Quality? Voting_barWalks - Quantity or Quality? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Walks - Quantity or Quality?

Go down 
+4
Judes
jacobrad
Lainee
liverbird
8 posters
AuthorMessage
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Walks - Quantity or Quality? Empty
PostSubject: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:03 am

Which is more important or more significant to the way you walk your dogs?

When I say quantity i mean time spent rather than amount of walks based on the assumption that we all walk our dogs every day!

i take mine to the park once everyday it takes me 5 mins to walk there and 5 back we walk around the park once that takes about 1/2 an hour and they do about 5/10 mins chasing a ball. so in all i'd say about an hour.

i was
just interested to see what others think is more important
in regards to walking. Hope i've explained myself well enough! Walks - Quantity or Quality? 300576
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 am

Molly always has road walk as cant take her on grass as she seems to get a reaction to it. Tess will either get road walk or walk to the field and let off for a run around to throw her ball. Walks usually 1 hour. At the moment Sam is just 25 mins road walk or have a little run around on park. I like to see them have a good time and enjoy their walks
Back to top Go down
jacobrad
jacobrad

Female
Number of posts : 3720
Rep : 19
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:58 pm

i take mine either on the industrial estate 5 min walk, about 15 mins ball chasing and 10 mins training or will take them by the canal thats usually about 2hrs all in , but because i have bonnie who's 10 and getting arthrtis i don't take her on the long walk, personaly i think all dogs are different in what walks they need so just like to potter about others like to bound through life ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.jacobrad.co.uk
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Both Marley and Kala get a quick 15 minutes walk first thing in the morning and last thing at night, playtime is on the beach for about an hour and a half every day usually between 10 and 12. I then walk Marley at 5 to 5.30 do a bit of outdoor training and between 5.30 and 6pm I take Kala out and we do training.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:15 pm

varys a lot with my pack but i do a lot more to condition the dogs by this i mean create more muscle, build stamina and fitness. so i do a lot of everything so even if our walk is only going to be short i make the most of it by doing lots of fitness exersices that tire the dog out but also builds fitness.

i think with my lot quantity and quality is both very important they are out at least 5 times a day and worked each time we are always out for at least a hr upwards
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:20 pm

My 3 bigguns have between an hour and an hour and a half each morning usually at 8am ish. It consists of, off leash run, ball chasing, and training, all times vary depending on a lot of circumstances, heat is one that I am always careful with.

Bryn is always on the 8am walk, Hazel may miss this one and come out on Ellie's walk, that way Hazel gets to the ball first and isn't barged off it, Misty now only comes out every other day, and I am seeing a huge difference in her health through having less.

Ellie's walks vary considerably, if Hazel has been on the early walk, Ellie and I may end up anywhere, usually the park, where she will meet more dogs and people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:37 pm

i have fred out for about 3 hours a day..... we do onlead and offlead and a bit of training on the racecourse before hes let off lead....

during the holidays weve been so busy so hes only had an hour and a half each day to the racecourse and back,offlead on the racecourse for exercise.....

all dogs vary i would think... fred is perfectly happy with an hour, we go out longer so i can get the exercise lol Walks - Quantity or Quality? 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Walks - Quantity or Quality? 910222 they do all vary
some good answeres there
Walks - Quantity or Quality? 502966
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:20 pm

i enjoyed this thread too :san50:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:57 pm

its a good one karen Walks - Quantity or Quality? 910222
Back to top Go down
Suze

Suze

Female
Number of posts : 784
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:10 am

My lot don't like the rain so it would depend on whether or not the heavens have opened or the sun is out. When its nice we usually get a good hour walking and ball throwing til they are knackered really. In the rain my girls manage about 15 minutes then they start taking me home..... They love playing in the water but wont go out in the rain... go figure !!!! Im not complaining either.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruaghaire.co.uk
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 pm

:2431: .... fred loves the rain for some strange reason... i do too though lol... theres no one about when its raining....so ive ordered some water proofs so that we can walk for longer :2445:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Walks - Quantity or Quality? 910222 good idea shelley
my 3 love the rain too
shady will sit out in the yard while it's raining
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 pm

I mentioned it to Ed last week about getting some waterproofs Walks - Quantity or Quality? 910222 Marley and Kala dont mind rain, Marley hates it if its windy though!
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:49 pm

fred whines to go out when its raining :2431: ..he likes to stand out in it.... the mad dogs arent they Walks - Quantity or Quality? 457589 ....

waterproofs are a must when its wet... im sick of being soaked to the bone lol... Walks - Quantity or Quality? 729386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walks - Quantity or Quality?   Walks - Quantity or Quality? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walks - Quantity or Quality?
Page 1 of 1