Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Vote_lcapKala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Voting_barKala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Vote_lcapKala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Voting_barKala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!

Go down 
+10
GR8GSD
hilary bradshaw
fredsmum
Paula
Lynne
BrenA
slynico
kennym
liverbird
Judes
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Just come back from the out of hours vets. Kala and Marley were playing in the garden and I came in to put the tea on when I heard the most almighty screams from Kala and she was holding up her back leg. I havent a clue what happened
We rang the emergency vets and they said to leave her for an hour to see if she would put weight back on it but she didnt so we both had said we wanted her checked out to be on the safe side.

Good news is theres nothing broken and the vet thinks she has just either badly sprained it or pulled a muscle. She has been given an anti inflammatory injection and a very strong painkiller which has sedated her and she has to have complete rest and can only have toilet breaks for a couple of days

The vet says we should see some improvement by tomorrow but if she is still the same on Monday we have to take her back to see Neil.

an expensive night at £148!!!! it was £102 consultation fee but I'd rather have piece of mind.

No wonder Im going grey !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 pm

:love: aww bless her Judes and poor you what a weekend you've had i'm sure she will be fine tho :love: the exact same thing happened when Tilly was a baby, and yes very expensive for out of hours vets. bloody dogs eh!! :love: i bet Marley was worried when he heard her scream too :love:
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 pm

hope all goes well Jude Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! 729386
Rip off merchent them out of hours vets
last time we used one they asked what time will u arrive at, as the consultation fee goes up after 10pm Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! 482195
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:57 pm

OMG what a dreadful time you're having Judes. Not much of a weekend! :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:02 pm

marley was really worried when he heard her scream he just kept licking her face and looking at her. she is sound asleep in her crate at the moment and we have to start giving her metacam tomorrow. I only turned my back for seconds to put the water on for my pasta so I dont know what she has done bless her.

Great weekend!!!!
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Poor Kala. They tend to be a bit wild at this age though dont they & it would be quite easy for her to pull something I should think.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Awww poor little girl :love: :love: Hope she is ok

Very worrying for you though not knowing what she did :love:

Hopefully it was nothing serious and she will be back to normal soon
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:11 pm

She has been jumping about like a loony today, she has been told off a couple of times as she climbed onto the sofa and was going to try jumping off the back of it!!! I have to have eyes in the back of my head with her!! The poor vet was trying to find out where she was sore but she was screaming even before she touched her!! :2431: I just hope after a good rest it will help and she will be back to normal soon.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 pm

They just cant help themselves Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! 482195 jumping about and playing

Mickey hurt his leg about a month ago and was limping We took him to the vets They examined him and said he seemed fine as he didnt seem to be sore anymore and had stopped limping They gave us some tablets for him anyway and said he had probably strained his muscle when he was running fast trying to keep up with Keira
No sooner were we out the door and he started limping again Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! 417 j then he was ok when we got home jumping about like a loon again Im sure he is an actor He has had a limp a few times since but on different legs so we do think it is when he overdoes the running and has aching muscles Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! 729386 Its never been bad enough that we have felt he has needed to go back to the vets and he doesnt do it for long
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:45 am

Kala update

she is putting a lot more weight on her leg this morning, still limping quite badly but not holding her leg up like she was last night. ed slept downstairs last night incase she cried but she slept through until 6 this morning. she just wants to snuggle up to me on the sofa which is great to get her to rest but not so great for me getting any work done this morning If I move she moves so I may have to put her in her crate for a couple of hours. She is snoring her head off at the moment.
Poor Marley keeps coming up to her and licking her face and sits looking at her all sad bless him
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:05 am

Awww bless :love: :love:
Hope she's better soon :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

anyone have any ideas how to get a 14 week old livewire to rest!!!!! She is screaming the place down if I put her in her crate but she wont stay still!!!!

Anyone got a doggy straight jacket or in the worst scenario a sledgehammer!!! :2431: :san42:
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am

How bout trying a stuffed kong to chew on when she's in her crate?
That worked for Xsara when she was little :2431: I used to freeze it to keep her amused for longer :2431:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 am

Lynne wrote:
How bout trying a stuffed kong to chew on when she's in her crate?
That worked for Xsara when she was little :2431: I used to freeze it to keep her amused for longer :2431:

Did that and even put Marley in his crate with a stuffed kong too, they were frozen and that amused her for 5 mins. She is trying to run after Marley around the house and its aggrivating the injury. Its soooooooo hard!!!! She is screaming like a banshee at the moment the whole street must think im murdering her!!!! I'm trying to ignore her as its just temper on her behalf and Im hoping she will go to sleep for a bit!!
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Awww poor girl :love: :love:

Sorry, no suggestions other than ignoring her, dont look at her either, pretend shes not there and if you get annoyed, go and sit in the garden for a few mins to calm down :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I just feel so sorry for her but I know its for her own good, Im not really getting annoyed with her but she's a bad tempered little sod!!! :2431: :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 pm

awww jude poor kala... :love: .... glad to hear shes on the mend though... :love:
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female
Number of posts : 2629
Rep : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 pm

will your insurance cover the vet fee Jude?
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

hilary bradshaw wrote:
will your insurance cover the vet fee Jude?

the insurance has £70 excess so we should get the rest back but even if we didnt we couldnt leave her without having her checked over. :love:
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:31 am

awww how is she today jude? poor lil mite but they bounce back when they are young :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 am

She is still limping but walking on it much better thanks hun :love:

neil rang at 8.30 this morning to see what had happened which was good of him. She was given metacam liquid and had her first dose last night but she has awful runs this morning. neil said to give her a dose tonight but if runs persist then to give him a call
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am

Poor girl, is it the medicine giving her the runs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

when I told Neil about her having the runs he said pain relief can sometimes do that to them, thats why he said to give her a dose tonight and if we feel she is walking better then to stop it and see how she goes.
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Hopefully she will be Jude :love:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:57 pm

aww bless her :love: fingers crossed the runs stop hun, how is she in herself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!   Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kala's turn to be in the wars!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next