Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Mickey and Keiras Fight Vote_lcapMickey and Keiras Fight Voting_barMickey and Keiras Fight Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Mickey and Keiras Fight Vote_lcapMickey and Keiras Fight Voting_barMickey and Keiras Fight Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Mickey and Keiras Fight

Go down 
+6
Judes
Lynne
liverbird
Sandra
fredsmum
BrenA
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Mickey and Keiras Fight Empty
PostSubject: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am

OMG Mickey and Keira have had a real go in the kitchen this morning

It was quite scarey :shockhorror: It was all about food I always feed them together but at opposite ends of the kitchen Mickey always finishes his first because he is a greedy sod He normally paces waiting for Keira to finish then licks her plate when she walks away Well today he got a bit close and Keira went for him which has happened before but its normally a quick telling off NOT TODAY :nhy: They both laid in to each other I ended up getting my pet correction air spray and sprayed it between them which broke them up They were in the hall by this stage Mickey ran into the lounge while Keira went back into the kitchen I followed her as i saw she was limping and panting quite heavily I could hear her heart beating Anyway i calmed her down made sure her leg was ok He must have bit her on the leg but she was ok after about 5 mins then went to check on him He was fine I thought i would muzzle him just incase as i could see Keira was still hyped up and knowing Mickey i thought he might be stupid enough to start play fighting starting it all up again Keira was quite wary of him when she came back into the lounge I took his muzzle off and sure enough he wanted to play so i seperated them for a while Every time i tell Mickey off Keira jumps up and tells him off aswell which i dont like I really dont want this happening again so will be feeding them seperately from now on
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

crikey hun...its scary isnt it.... i was going to suggest feeding them seperately too.. if i was you i wouldnt allow any sort of play fighting from now, teach them that its unnaceptable ... give them bones and treats seperately too, so they have nothing to fight over... i had to do this with fred and betty.... one was also fed inside and one outside.. just keep an eye on them and nip any unwanted friskiness in the bud
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 am

:2431: Bren are you Ok hun :love: it upsets us more than them on times.

I have never had this so cannot help, I can only send you hugs and hope nothing like this evar happens again for you :love:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am

Mickey is the problem He constantly wants to playfight And is always goading Keira by nipping her back leg or bum Mickey and Keiras Fight 482195

Trouble is Keira loves the playfighting aswell It wouldnt be so bad if they played nice but they are so rough and loud Before getting Mickey i never would of thought Keira had it in her she was so sweet but he does bring her aggresive side out I am gonna have to stop the fighting as i can see no way is Keira giving up top dog spot but Mickey is getting so big he will easily be stronger than her
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:39 am

thats the best thing hun, nip the play fighting as soon as it gets to rough, or just dont allow it at all...

its going to be hard work lol Mickey and Keiras Fight 729386 ...

bloomin dogs.... its always the boys lol.... Mickey and Keiras Fight 482195
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:40 am

Yes im fine Sandra thanks I was more concerned that they were going to hurt each other It probably sounded worse than it actually was I will make sure i keep the pet corrector lying about in future just incase Mickey and Keiras Fight 729386 The problem is once they start fighting its quite hard to actually seperate them I probably would of got bit if id physically tried it
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:48 am

That Pet corrector sounds good Mickey and Keiras Fight 729386 lucky you had it Bren
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 am

If i hadnt got it i would of thrown some water on them Mickey doesnt like water and is scared of the hosepipe 🤔 He does like swimming tho
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 am

Bryn is the same Bren, turn the hosepipe on and he is gone,but he loves swimming.

Is the pet corrector big? whould you be able to take it on a walk incase a dog attacked yours?
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am

pet corrector is brill sange, just dont spray in directly into the face... and you can carry it in your hand, its about the size of an impulse deodorant bottle
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes it is brill Its only compressed air but it does the job :san53:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Sounds brill will look them up on the net Mickey and Keiras Fight 729386 cheers ladies
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm

it costs about £5 hun.... you can get it from PAH
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks xx
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:42 pm

:2431: bloody hell Bren
i know Tilly and Bailey have had a couple of nasty fights but never over food,
:nhy: anyone can steal Bailey's food he doesnt care and he knows not to touch Tilly's. :2431: they have had some bad fights in the park mailnly. when they are running off to play Tilly hates Bailey running in front of her and when she catches up with him she lets him know it too, :2431: but he fights back now and when they have a go at each other i walk away from them otherwise i would make things worse by screetching at them, when they see me walking in the opposite direction the fight is over Mickey and Keiras Fight 729386 and they run up to me. Bailey :2445: BEHIND Tilly of course.
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:59 pm

:nnnnnnnn: :nnnnnnnn: :nnnnnnnn:
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Awww i hope they're ok :love:
My 2 have never had cross words :nhy:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:31 pm

OMG Bren that must have been scarey!!. I will feed Marley and Kala seperately I think!

I wish the correction spray worked on Marley like the water spray bottle he thinks its fun!! :Angry:
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Awwww I hope you find a way to manage this Bren. Ours will growl at each other over their own bowls but will happily share food off the floor 🤔 :2445: We just feed them opposite sides of the room and keep an eye on them. They arent allowed to go near another dog while they are eating :love: :love: :love:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Tilly and Bailey sound just like my two Keira definately has no intention of backing down but Mickey pushes his luck and gets drawn into a fight with her

He knows how to push her buttons and start her off Mickey and Keiras Fight 482195 She normally just gives him a warning growl they have a bit of a fight then he runs off

They dont normally fight when they eat even when he has pinched a chicken wing off her She seems under the weather atm so wasnt in the mood to let him get away with anything He retaliated and it got out of hand :shockhorror:
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm

keep feeding in same area or u will make feeding times worse,when one finishes remove the bowl and dont let it go lick other one
AXLE and XENA eat together with no problems and both pups eat together although the still gulp to see if they can get to each other bowls when one pup has finished she is prevented from moving to other bowl,both bowls are removed todether
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks Kenny I did wonder if it might make the situation worse with one dog thinking the other is getting something better

Ive fed them together tonight and they were fine I just need Mickey to sit and wait while Keira finishes hers He is such a pig Loves his food and always wants more :2445: He starts flicking his food bowl when he thinks its dinnertime
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:39 pm

awww god hun hope you and the guys are ok :love:

but from a dog training point of view-
this is bound to happen as mickey has been allowed to lick kieras food bowl out so he thinks next time i will try and maybe get her food if that makes sence and with them getting rough with their play its all status building really.

i would feed then together but wen mickey has fon pick his bowl up and put him out then wen kiera has pick her bowl up and chuck her out

im very regimented with my pack but you have to be hun :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:40 pm

when i had similar troubles with fred and betty with their eating... i was told to feed them in seperate areas... 🤔 am confused now :2431:
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm

I suppose there is controlling and facing the problem and saying out right 'I am not having that'

or

Avoiding the problem but not solving it 🤔

I think lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mickey and Keiras Fight   Mickey and Keiras Fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mickey and Keiras Fight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next