Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Cesar Milan in the news Vote_lcapCesar Milan in the news Voting_barCesar Milan in the news Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Cesar Milan in the news Vote_lcapCesar Milan in the news Voting_barCesar Milan in the news Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Cesar Milan in the news

Go down 
+2
slynico
storm_survivor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
storm_survivor

storm_survivor

Number of posts : 663
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Cesar Milan in the news Empty
PostSubject: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 am

It doesnt surprise me that others dont agree with his methods.
It would be interesting to see the dogs he has worked with in say, three, six or even twelve months time to see how they are doing.
Wouldn't owners have come forward by now to say that the fix was only short term? Or maybe they dont associate the worsening behaviour with anything Cesar has done due to the amount of time in between?

Hmm. Interesting
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

In his new series on Nat Geo he revisits some old cases that reverted back to their old ways, he seems to be taking more back to his reabilitation center now for longer training, he even lost one :2431:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

hmmm, as bev says,...interesting....

not one method suits all dogs, and cesar is no exception to this,... it would be interesting to see how the dogs out of his care are in,say, a years time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
storm_survivor

storm_survivor

Number of posts : 663
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I think a dog should be taught to behave appropriately out of respect, which is obtained by building trust and a strong relationship.... not fear. After watching some of the stuff they don't show on tv I feel cesar methods are too close to the edge. Yes, I do believe there are times when an attitude of leadership is needed, as is with our children. But most of us don't yank our kids about and get them to behave through fear.
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:59 am

but is'nt it also up to the owners to carry on with what ceaser has taught them, and not let the dog slip into their old ways 🤔
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:12 pm

yes liver it is and all i can say is its the "fluffy Brigade" out complaining again as usual but i would love to see wat the likes of robert mugford " complete and utter t**t if you ask me" victoria stillwell ect ect would think about Rostam he would have been condemd to death if they had their way as would have dillan and xena*well she was hence i was her last shot*

im not cesars no one fan i have my own ways i taylor to each dog and owner but as i have said b4 i have had to do the same as cesar and string a dog up thats come at me.

ppl feel respect is earned by using treats and toys as reward? well my mali is a "true " worker and you DO NOT earn his respect and trust that way many ppl have tried and nearly lost their faces as that is not how dogs earn respect off each other. the one thing i tell clients friends family ect wen meeting pup is DO NOT look at him talk or touch him if you give him a treat he will take it and then take you out too quite happily
i use posative training with all my dogs but sometimes compulsion is needed i never scare my dogs as they are not anyway scared of me and that dog was not scared of cesar it was reacting to the collar lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Milan in the news   Cesar Milan in the news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cesar Milan in the news
Page 1 of 1