Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Vote_lcapBorder Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Voting_barBorder Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Vote_lcapBorder Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Voting_barBorder Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
storm_survivor

storm_survivor

Number of posts : 663
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Empty
PostSubject: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:29 pm

I have a couple looking to rescue an 9 week old collie/spaniel cross pup. They are fine with the collie side as they have previously owned a collie/corgi cross. They have some concerns about the spaniel side though. Basically they looked after a friends spaniel once and it was a bit manic!

Anyway, I have little experince of spaniels so was wondering if anyone has any views/tips/experience of the breed and it's temperament?
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:35 pm

having worked both breeds and crosses it does depend on wat traits the dog picks up

working springers are not manic they are just high drive working dogs and not pets i dont belive this is the best cross you could get as a pet as a working dog they can be good but again depends on which traits it picks up from each breed

i would say if they dont like the manic side of dogs maybe choose not to get one as this will not be a calm mix by any chance and if it is calm they picked a good en lmao :2431:
Back to top Go down
storm_survivor

storm_survivor

Number of posts : 663
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:48 pm

mmmmm... thanks fazza. I was thinking 2 working breeds might not be a good mix for them. They are a lovely couple and the dog will get loads of excercise, 2 walks twice a day, some off leash, some ball playing, weekends off somewhere with lots of fields and woods. But they are not interested in any form of formal training/working. They want a dog they can give their attention to, but one that won't bounce off the walls!

Their last dog was a collie/corgi cross so suppose the corgi added the calm. Trouble is they have fell in love with this pup, but at least they are responsible enough to ask advice before diving in. Said I'd try to find out a little more for them and call them this evening.
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm

I honestly think it comes down to how much they will keep the dog 'busy' I also think that both these breeds do calm down once they are a yr to 18 mths old, the only 'bouncing off the walls' Springers and BC I have ever seen are ones that are expected to do very little.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 pm

exactly sange our BC is the quietest thing ever lol as she has jobs to do ect lol
they need to train a dog of this breeding and keep it occupied lol
Back to top Go down
Paula

Paula

Female
Number of posts : 5647
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:15 pm

I agree with the jobs things too, Mimi guards all the time and shes happy with that and the pups get lots of mini training sessions throughout the day mixed in with games. The rest of the time they are usually lay down asleep Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? 729386

Although Maggie is a lazy arse anyway, its Stan that takes the extra effort.
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm

its not something to take lightly taking a dog from wokring lines if im ill my dogs dont just say oh well i will sleep all day lol if they dont get out enough and one walk a day is not enough they will bounce off the walls lol so if im ill i do search work ect with them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?   Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Border Collie/Springer Spaniel Cross... breed info?
Page 1 of 1