Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Vote_lcapGSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Voting_barGSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Vote_lcapGSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Voting_barGSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?

Go down 
+3
debbie
Judes
slynico
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slynico

slynico

Female
Number of posts : 4215
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-06

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Empty
PostSubject: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:42 pm

This link was posted on the H&H forum and having seen the general reaction to it I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8851...ennels/?ref=mr

Last edited by slynico on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:47 pm

which story Bev?
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Ooops! The link should take to a story about GSDs being kept in poor conditions
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I think I have seen this on another forum plus on facebook did they have horses as well? they were appauling conditions
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Yes Judes they did
Back to top Go down
debbie

Number of posts : 243
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 pm

me too,its disgustingxx
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8851927.Monday_s_Echo__Special_investigation_into_dogs_living_in_rat_infested_kennels/

watch the video after the car advert its horrendous the squalor these poor dogs are living in. GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 675475
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 pm

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284 Absolutely disgusting GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 894833 GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 894833 GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 894833
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 am

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 183139 would anyone let their animals live like this. The black shep reminded me of Sam GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284 . The horses are up to their knees in mud - speachless!
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 am

Lainee wrote:
GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 183139 would anyone let their animals live like this. The black shep reminded me of Sam GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284 . The horses are up to their knees in mud - speachless!

both me and ed saw the black sheps face peering through the wire and said it looked so much like Kala and sam GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284 i dont know how people can do this it was someone on lgsd who joined to ask for advice and help and its members on there who have brought it to the medias attention
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:19 pm

outrageous!!! GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

This is very interesting and you have all reacted pretty much as I thought you would.

This is in stark contrast to most people on the H & H forum.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Is H & H the horse and hound forum GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 289342

Dont tell me they thought these conditions were ok GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 989279
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 pm

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 894833 those poor animals!!!! how can any1 let their pets live like that!!!! GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 743284
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

The point is Nix they probably aren't pets.

Sorry, yes I meant Horse & Hound.

They didnt think the conditions were all that bad & to be fair the dogs do all look well fed. The kennels were rather scruffy & not that clean.

I guess what it boils down to is how high your standards are & how you like your animals to live. It wouldn't do for me & I know it wouldn't do for anybody else on here but people are different.

The woman next door to us is from a farming family and her dogs live outside in all weathers & are regularly seen sitting on the doorstep. I hate it but they are well fed, have shelter and are taken to the vet if they need it.

No harm done some would say
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

tbh bev my aunt is the same, she lives on a farm and her collie lives outside..... you see him curled up outside in the snow or rain... he has barns he can go into but chooses not too.... he has good food and is let indoors at night time....

but algae on the kennels cant be safe surely.... and no water.. GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 300576
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm

slynico wrote:
The point is Nix they probably aren't pets.

Sorry, yes I meant Horse & Hound.

They didnt think the conditions were all that bad & to be fair the dogs do all look well fed. The kennels were rather scruffy & not that clean.

I guess what it boils down to is how high your standards are & how you like your animals to live. It wouldn't do for me & I know it wouldn't do for anybody else on here but people are different.

The woman next door to us is from a farming family and her dogs live outside in all weathers & are regularly seen sitting on the doorstep. I hate it but they are well fed, have shelter and are taken to the vet if they need it.

No harm done some would say

i guess its just that for us - our dogs ect are our pets and therefore live in our homes with us and are used to sleeping on nice comfy beds and getting the best possible ect - so when we see something like this we get mad/upset - n dont think that dogs can live outside - farms ect like u mentioned
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Spot on Nix. GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 910222
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:44 pm

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 910222
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I dont like the way the dog keeps going round in circles GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 583730 isnt that a sign of stress in kennelled dogs

or the way the plastic takeaway box has been chucked in GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 658515
Back to top Go down
slynico

slynico

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Some on the H&H forum said the plastic tray could be a treat as they often give their dogs a tray to lick out.

That made me laugh. I really couldn't picture the type of person who could keep dogs like this taking the trouble to take an empty plastic tray for one of the dogs to lick out!! GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 583730 GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 517699
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:25 pm

BrenA wrote:
I dont like the way the dog keeps going round in circles GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 583730 isnt that a sign of stress in kennelled dogs

or the way the plastic takeaway box has been chucked in GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 658515

i didnt like the circling either... its generally associated with stress and anxiety, but could it have been excitement GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 300576

the water supply for the dogs was inadequate, that was plain to see... and there was no sign of food bowls either, unless the owners removed them once finished with ...

i always give daisy plastic food trays to lick...it keeps her occupied for ages GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? 658515

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?   GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GSDs in poor living conditions - What do you think of this?
Page 1 of 1