Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Vote_lcapworried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Voting_barworried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Vote_rcap 
Sandra
worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Vote_lcapworried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Voting_barworried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)

Go down 
+4
kennym
Lorz
hilary bradshaw
bingnblaze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Empty
PostSubject: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 pm

the worst wound on her side seems to be clearing up and healing well - but i think zues may have caught it when i took her the feild yesterday as it looks like its been bleeding again it doesnt look great

i feel so bad as its my fault that its got worse worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 1129

is there anythin i can do to help it ? she only has antibiotics left for tomorrow then thats the end of her corse - and she has anti-inflamitory too - which i assume i stop giving her that once shes finished her corse of anti-bi's

heres a pic which was taken this morning

worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) DSC01941800x600
Back to top Go down
hilary bradshaw

hilary bradshaw

Female
Number of posts : 2629
Rep : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

I personally would cut the fur from around the wound so you have complete access to it and bathe it in warm (from the kettle) salted water a few times a day.
It doesn't look infected but I think all the stray hairs are impeding its healing
Back to top Go down
Lorz

Lorz

Female
Number of posts : 3170
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I hope it gets better soon and it wasnt your fault dont feel like that..... worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515 keep us informed. xx
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

looks nasty but will heal ok worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 910222
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 pm

worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515 I agree with what Hilary has said worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 910222

Looks nasty but its amazing how quickly they heal worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 910222 just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt get infected

Dont beat yourself up about it opening up again the chance of that happening was high anyway with her playing with the other dogs worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 910222 they cant help themselves charging around like looneys worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 575435 even with an injury worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 658515

Hope she heals quickly worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I agree with Hilary. Cut away all the hair around the wound to a good 2 - 3 inches. This will allow more air circulation.
When Clyde has his big 'hole' in his throat, I cut away all the dead flesh and syringed 8 times a day with salted water.
He was on steriods as well as Noriclav 500mg. When his first course was completed he had a break of seven days then went back on the 500's for a further seven days.
What Anti B was your girl on? I would assume Noriclav but what strength?
Is this wound on her side? If so, it will be easy for you to aim the syringe downwards to flush the wound out.
Is the wound healed but still swollen and pussy? if so you need to get the poison out of the wound. I would create a small opening at the top and bottom and flush the water through. If you are not sure, check with your Vet.

Good luck and hope she is ok.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

she has a vet appointment at 4:45 - the wound is actually the size of a 10p peice - i didnt realise till dad cleaned it up last night - and its weeping so im just gonna take her to get it looked at n see what they say - thanks guys
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:52 pm

i was going to suggest the same... use salt water worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 910222 ... let us know how she gets on at the vets hun worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515

kenny is that you worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 863498
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 pm

ok we are back - slight infection starting up - sooo hibiscrub and cream and some more antibiotics and she should heal up within 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
SuzieB

SuzieB

Female
Number of posts : 3576
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Glad you seem a bit more reassured Nix Sending hugs to you all worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:18 pm

i feel loads better now she has some more stuff to sort it out - it seems better already now it can get air to it
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 pm

You got her sorted hun worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515 it won't take long now before it's almost gone worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm

brill news hun worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) 805515
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)   worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

worried about skylas wound (with pic so be warned)
Page 1 of 1