Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Anybody here
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
neutering = calmer dog? Vote_lcapneutering = calmer dog? Voting_barneutering = calmer dog? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
neutering = calmer dog? Vote_lcapneutering = calmer dog? Voting_barneutering = calmer dog? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

neutering = calmer dog?

Go down 
+3
BrenA
Judes
bingnblaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

neutering = calmer dog? Empty
PostSubject: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 pm

will neutering calm down a dog? Blaze is gettin really bad when we see other dogs on our walk - we walked past skye (husky pup) who also had a lab with them and blaze was REALLY bad jumping up on his back legs , growling - it was horrible, im not sure if its because they were walking down the route we always walk so blaze sees it as his territory or because of the labrador - weve had a few problems with labradors through out blazes life

would getting him fixed calm him down at all? i know it wont help 100% and he also needs training and re-socilation but will it help in any way??

help!

ETA: i know most of his problem is fear based BUT its really hard to get him past this as i dont actually really know any other dogs owners that i can ask for help to get blaze re-socilised n for him to learn not ALL dogs are going to attack him, also he was getting better but seems to be gettin worse lately
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 pm

it wasnt a miracle cure for Marley Nix, it still took a lot of blood sweat and tears with him, he is much better than he was but theres still 3 dogs he absolutely hates if he is on lead and i have to distract him if we come across them but he can still have a hissy fit on occassions and it does look really bad,

neutering affects different dogs in different ways.
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Welcome to my world with Mickey neutering = calmer dog? 575435

He is like this with every dog he sees when i take him for a walk neutering = calmer dog? 165548 funnily enough he doesnt do it when i take him to Zeps training neutering = calmer dog? 583730 which is on a field outside

When i took him to another trainer who trained inside he was so bad i had to take him outside
neutering = calmer dog? 658515 When i told the trainer i wasnt coming back i think he was relieved neutering = calmer dog? 658515

I wondered about the neutering theory but so many people have said it doesnt make much difference unless your dog is constantly humping things which Mickey doesnt neutering = calmer dog? 583730

My brothers collie was really excitable always trying to hump peoples legs cushions anything really so she got him done which stopped the humping but hes still really excitable and hyper neutering = calmer dog? 925943
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Marley still tries to hump kala at times and he;s been done but I think its a dominance thing and Kala puts him in his place!! neutering = calmer dog? 658515
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Bingo still humps n hes bin fixed lol
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 am

i dont think itmakes much difference unless youve tackled his problems before you neuter him ....

i had fred neutered at 12mths thinking it would cure him of all his problems, i.e dog agression and excitedness.... never made a jot of difference neutering = calmer dog? 583730 ... i wouldnt know about the humping cos its something ive never had a problem with fred...but i did read that its better to sort out the dogs problems before theyre neutered,or dont let them establish any problems beforehand, or it wont make any difference...

we had daisy done at 6mths, we were on top of any little problems she had, we never let her establish any bad habits before she was spayed ...and shes a great pup, people think shes brill for her age.... but is this just coincidence neutering = calmer dog? 300576
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 am

Bryn was neutered just before he was a year old, I can't say if it has made much of a difference to him as he has never been much of a humper, he can still get excited but is quite an easy dog really, not sure how much having him done has to do with it, he is a big baby so it may of been better for him if his balls had dropped neutering = calmer dog? 658515

Misty on the other hand has NOT changed one bit since she was done, she will be 4yrs old in Nov and she is still the most hyper dog I have ever owned, it made no difference to her attitude to other dogs or any other area of her behaviour good or bad. neutering = calmer dog? 583730

Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 am

he is booked in for the 20th oct (next weds) i can only hope it will help - keep us in your thoughts on that day, keep u posted
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

keep us updated hun... we'll keep our legs and paws crossed for him neutering = calmer dog? 805515
Back to top Go down
Lainee

Lainee

Number of posts : 4395
Rep : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 pm

I hope it helps Blaze and he will settle down.
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:54 pm

hes been really good today! lol - hes been walking nicely - with help from me lol everytime he pulls i pull him back soon as the lead goes tight hes pulled back to my side n weve seen 5 dogs on our last walk and only 2 he went mad at n only 1 was growling because it walked RIGHT past us, the other 1 was offlead which wound him up we saw the other husky again with the lab n he sat nicely n even tho we wernt right near them we chatted for abit n he stayed sittin the whole time :D
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:15 am

you'll get there hun, hes still young yet... keep on doing what youre doing and you'll be enjoying hassle free walks soon enough neutering = calmer dog? 910222
Back to top Go down
debbie

Number of posts : 243
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 am

castration has made a difference with kai,but i think its a gamble,some dogs it has an effect on and some no effect at all,good luck with him,i have had the same trouble with kai,its awful,but he is not as bad now,i started off by asking an old lady with two very laid back old dogs if i could walk with her,and because they didnt re act towards other dogs it seemed to have a calming effect on kai,dont get me wrong he still has his moments,but is a lot better
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:38 am

Yep keep on top of him Nix, sounds like your working hard and gaining the upper hand, I also agree with Debbie, if he can walk with a very laid back dog it could help him, he has you and it sounds like your his best tool as well neutering = calmer dog? 502966
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:08 pm

im gonna see if i can ask the lady with the husky pup if we can walk with her 1 day just with blaze on his own tho n then bring the others in - bingo makes it worse cuz even tho he is friendly towards dogs when he sees them he pulls to get to them n barks bloody old timer! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neutering = calmer dog?   neutering = calmer dog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neutering = calmer dog?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All About Dogs :: Dog Training and Behaviour-
Jump to: