Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Vote_lcapSandra COMMUNITY FISH Voting_barSandra COMMUNITY FISH Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Vote_lcapSandra COMMUNITY FISH Voting_barSandra COMMUNITY FISH Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Sandra COMMUNITY FISH

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kennym

kennym

Male
Number of posts : 2775
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Empty
PostSubject: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Dwarf chiclids would be a good choice for this size of aquarium
you already mentioned the Krib (pelvicachromis pulcher) a pair of these and a pair from the family Apistogramma a small cave like structure in either corner will give each pair somewhere to hide these will also breed in tank and swim about protecting the fry.
KILLIE fish would also go well (Epiplatys dageti) or family (APHYOSEMION) these are all very colourfull although some dont have a long life span.
Red tail shark or ruby shark will do well in this size but only one or the other to add some mid water colour you could have some of the following
Bleeding heart tetra,black phantom tetra or (neon ,glowlights etc) if no angels although this is a good tank for angels the 2 tetras mentioned are to big to be eaten by angels.
Although your not very keen on them ther is some very interesting catfish that would do well here.
Mid water swimmers eutropiellus debauwi (dedauwi) and the glass catfish both these shoud be kept in groups of 3 or more, the true upsidedown catfish (synodontis nigriventris)
also barbs rosey barb,tiger barb the latter can be a bit of a fin nipper,but a silver shark would also be an attraction being quite big and a mid water swimmer just some ideas to get you thinking
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks Kenny, I will look into some of these Sandra COMMUNITY FISH 729386

The Kribs, I think are a must, the family APHYOSEMION, I will have to google, as I don't know anything anout them.

Angels, if I see some nice ones, I may get them, they are quite interesting, arn't they?

The others I will certainly look into and see if they take my fancy Sandra COMMUNITY FISH 729386

What do you reckon on the Dwarf gourami, also the Rams? the Rams are pretty, are they hard to keep? would they be bad to keep with Kribs?

It's great you knowing so much about the fish Sandra COMMUNITY FISH 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 pm

the rams are nice and would be ok with kribs but can be difficult to keep(conditions have to be perfect at all times) the other ram they now sell as the bolivian ram is slightly larger but a bit plain and ive never kept this.
dwarf gourami and pearl gourami would both do well.There is also a lot of livebearing fish aprt from platies swords etc but you will only find these in dedicated aquarist shop.
The killie fish are african (mostly)the only usually live a year or so but the colours are fantastic,these are the ones that spawen when ponds dry up and eggs hatch when rain comes(you can buy the eggs on ebay) you may also find some nice fish on ther as many private breeders now sell ther fish on ebay.
I keep on about catfish as i was a member of the catfish association of GB until it folded and there is some fascinating one available
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm

I never even thought of Ebay for fish 🤔 what a brill idea, I will check them out.

Rams are out then, they are not cheap and my water will not be perfect at all times, the pearl gourami sounds good.

So do you keep a lot of catfish? How many tanks do you have? You will have to tell us all about the fish you have etc Sandra COMMUNITY FISH 729386
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:37 pm

not talked the OH round yet we only moved here 3 years ago and with getting kennels built and having 2 litters not had time to set back up
the most i had set up was 14, 2 were show the rest breeding or species tanks may have some old photos of set up around but will not be digital
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Be good to see the pics, I didn't realise you were without fish at the moment 🤔
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 pm

none at the moment think thats what the OH is afraid off she knows i wouldnt be happy with one and would need a least 1 breeding tank and the show bug may bite again
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Picture100hope you can make this out Sandra
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 am

some interesting info there kenny.... will look back on this advice when i upsize my tank Sandra COMMUNITY FISH 729386
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:08 am

The killi isn't ugly so may look into them
Back to top Go down
kennym

kennym

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 pm

i will scan some other pics later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandra COMMUNITY FISH   Sandra COMMUNITY FISH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandra COMMUNITY FISH
Page 1 of 1