Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDog ForumLatest imagesLog inRegister
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Anybody here
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm by Lorz

» Hello
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm by Sandra

» Hello
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am by Lorz

» HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm by BrenA

» Billy The 8 Day Old Kitten
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm by ladykati

» Fitzlandia ( Fan Forum)
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 pm by ladykati

» HELLO
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm by Lorz

» Latest piccies of my lot!
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am by Lorz

» Mickey & Keira Today
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm by BrenA

» Hello
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm by BrenA

» Bren
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm by BrenA

» where is Bren then?
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm by BrenA

» Jude
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm by BrenA

» Hi
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm by BrenA

» catch up!
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm by SuzieB

» Bren
Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:56 am by Sandra

Congratulations

WELCOME TO DOGTALK COME IN AND JOIN THE FUN, WE DON'T BITE............
BUBBLES
Bubbles Has Been Moved
To THE New Games
Section, Under
Shelley's Loose Lips
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
fredsmum
Who here has ever rescued? Vote_lcapWho here has ever rescued? Voting_barWho here has ever rescued? Vote_rcap 
Sandra
Who here has ever rescued? Vote_lcapWho here has ever rescued? Voting_barWho here has ever rescued? Vote_rcap 
liverbird
Judes
BrenA
GR8GSD
SUMMER
Paula
Lainee
slynico
Statistics
We have 489 registered users
The newest registered user is Andrew

Our users have posted a total of 144433 messages in 10074 subjects

Who here has ever rescued?

Go down 
+6
fredsmum
SUMMER
Judes
Lynne
bingnblaze
Sandra
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female
Number of posts : 20040
Rep : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Who here has ever rescued? Empty
PostSubject: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 am

Have you ever rescued a dog or know someone who has rescued?
Would you rescue again?
Do you think they are better dogs to own?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogtalk4us.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female
Number of posts : 1861
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am

Bing was a rescue dog we got him when he was 3 yrs old n he was a stray on the streets ov manachester
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 2791
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 am

BB and Xsara are both rescue dogs
They came from the same rescue
BB was estimated to be 18 mths - 2 yrs old and Xsara was only 14 wks old!
BB has been and continues to be hard work.. but i'd never be without him
Xsara is the total opposite to BB.. she's such a delight to take anywhere

I'd definately rescue again, my dogs are no different to those that are born with fancy names.. i give them the same amount of love etc that my old lad got (who was kc registered)
My dogs are simply the best!!
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:47 am

Who here has ever rescued? 729386 :san50: :san53: :love:
Back to top Go down
Judes
Admin
Admin
Judes

Female
Number of posts : 11943
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Lynne wrote:
BB and Xsara are both rescue dogs
They came from the same rescue
BB was estimated to be 18 mths - 2 yrs old and Xsara was only 14 wks old!
BB has been and continues to be hard work.. but i'd never be without him
Xsara is the total opposite to BB.. she's such a delight to take anywhere

I'd definately rescue again, my dogs are no different to those that are born with fancy names.. i give them the same amount of love etc that my old lad got (who was kc registered)
My dogs are simply the best!!

Awww Lynne I got a real lump in my throat reading that, thats lovely :love:
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female
Number of posts : 6955
Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

No..never rescued :nhy:
Back to top Go down
http://Arantiusgsd.webs.com
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:40 pm

yeah like i sed bing was a recue n i wud deffo consider rescuing again even tho we bought blaze we love them equally and wudnt change them for the world! i love my dogs 2 much they mean everything to me :)
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

bingnblaze wrote:
yeah like i sed bing was a recue n i wud deffo consider rescuing again even tho we bought blaze we love them equally and wudnt change them for the world! i love my dogs 2 much they mean everything to me :)

:love: :love: :love:
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:04 pm

BB was the 3rd GSD i looked at
The first 2 were decided to be not for us
Brogan was a stunning Blue & Tan male who had come over from Ireland with a few others, all were just skin and bone :Angry: and very scared.... he took to us immediately but it wasn't to be

Sophie was a beautiful white long coat, she was very scared again, at the age of 18mths approx she had 1 hip replacement op and would need the other done at some point. In the end the wonderful people at the rescue adopted her themselves

I was so upset thinking that we would never find "our special GSD" but she told me that she would find the perfect one for us........
The next week BB came in on the Friday, Lauren & I went up the next day and BB chose us!
It was a very long week til i brought him home, was so worried about our homecheck too but i shouldn't have Who here has ever rescued? 434936
I wasn't looking for another when Xsara came along due to BB having various issues
I got an e-mail from the lady at the rescue telling me that she just had 2 14 week old puppies in.. boy and a girl and the wee lass had our name on her :2431:
Took BB to see Xsara and it was love at first sight, the next day Xsara came to meet BB on his turf.......... she stayed :2445:
I keep in regular contact with Nanette, she loves to get updates and especially pics of the gruesome twosome
BB was her special lad....... i'm so fortunate that she trusted me to give both of them their forever home

Ooops that turned into a bit of an essay Who here has ever rescued? 426442
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin
Admin
Sandra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:36 pm

What a lovely story :love: lucky for them they landed on their feet with you :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female
Number of posts : 31916
Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:41 pm

aww lynee that was a really nice story :love:

well done you hun :san50:
Back to top Go down
http://www.shelleyisgod.com
richie

richie

Male
Number of posts : 593
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Aww lovely story Lynne.. :love:

I rescued a staffie x pit a few years back... He was a gorgeous dog.. Really lovely.. I had to rehome him when I moved back to my mums though which was a shame..
Back to top Go down
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Aww lynne that brought a tear to my eye hunni :cccc:

They couldnt have asked for a better home i know how much they
are loved with you. Who here has ever rescued? 729386
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female
Number of posts : 15537
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 pm

:love: :love:
lovely and moving stories
but I have to say
:nhy: i have never
rescued
🤔 unless stealing a little white
poodle from a nasty owner when i was 16
is counted as a rescue and not theft.
:2431:
there were 2 of them called penny and tuppence,
toy poodles, they belonged to a woman that owned a riding school
on the wirral, they were in a pitiful state, we used to see them tied up outside the tack room in all weathers. my friend kept her 2 ponies there so we would be at the farm daily to ride muck out etc. this one day it was pouring with rain and the owner was out so my friend and I
stole a dog each and took them home told our parents about how badly treated they were so they said we could keep them, then we went back to the farm as usual as if nothing had happened and the police were there. you can imagine our faces when they said the owner had reported her dogs stolen and do we know anything about it. we said no we had only just got there..omg we lied to the police, you'd think we'd murdered someone we were so frightened, but we werent going to give the dogs back so we had to tell our parents we stole them and lied to the police. after a lot of crying and sore arses they all said we did the right thing and they were not going to hand us in to the police as long as we never did anything like that again..and the dogs......
they lived long and happy lives with our families. and the nasty owner never knew what happened to them..
:2431:
Back to top Go down
http://karenmillsgsd.synthasite.com
SUMMER
SUMMER

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Aww what a great story good for you :love:
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Aww thanks all but it's me who is lucky to have them
:love: :love: :love:
Great story Karen... i would have done the same :love:
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

i did the same thing with a cat, the next door neighbours, she mistreated it and never let it in her house,it was alwyas trying to get into mine, and my dog boss would have killed it, so we bundled it into the car and took it to my mums,my mum took her to the vet for a check up, as she had an infection in her leg, it turned out she had stitches left in her leg from a previous operation,they had been in her leg for months the poor thing, my mum got her sorted out, and shes still there living happily today...

not a dog story i know, but its a rescue lol
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze

bingnblaze

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 pm

awww thats so sweet the cat was lucky u and ur mum were there for it :)
Back to top Go down
fredsmum
Admin
Admin
fredsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Who here has ever rescued? 729386 :love:
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:16 pm

:love: aww lovely shelley
Back to top Go down
GR8GSD

GR8GSD

Number of posts : 7339
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 pm

ive rescued and to be honest as much i tell ppl to rescue i know its not with out its shit times lol
our first rescue was the mighty dillan and yes he was hard work with his training side having been bred for fighting but you wouldnt meet a nicer more laid back dog if you tried he didnt come with baggage except his breeding so we didnt have too many issues with him and health wise hes great too

xena our old gsd on the other hand my god that dog cost over thousands in the short time she lived with us we were in no way looking for another dog but i get calls *and ppl coming to my house with their dogs* all the time for some reason i said i would come see this dog and after meeting the family i could not leave xena where she was :nhy: she had sooooooooo many issues wen we got her she bit me *not mouth actual bites lol* a fair few times she would attack anyone anything she was petrified of EVERYTHING god forbid you moved quick or spoke loud as she would run off peeing and cowering she attacked keke on a few ocassions only to be beaten up lol she had numerous health issues none thought she would ever come right as she was sooooooo bad but i have never EVER met a anaimal in my life change so much from the dog she once was to the dog we lost last yr she found ppl who loved her with all their hearts and felt safe i guess her stroys a very long one she was a lil gem but it broke all our hearts wen we lost her to cancer last yr at just 3 1/2 yr old we got her at a yr old
would i do it all again.............in a heart beat there is nothing more rewarding then seeing a dog learn to love again and relise how much joy they can bring to your heart :love:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Im really tempted to get a rescue GSD but am worried about my cat being attacked :ezcs: Ive had a few rescue cats in the past and i encouraged my mum to get a rescue dog when she lost my dad Its the best thing she ever did and gives her a reason to get up every morning She is a lovely border collie x called Roxy who had obviously been mistreated She was so scared when we got her that she wouldnt walk on a lead and didnt bark for months She is scared stiff of men aswell Unfortunately Roxy hates the sight of Keira so i cant take her round to my mums My mum has had her for about 5 years now and its only since last year that she started playing with toys
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 pm

god fazza you got me crying again :cccc:

Brena!! good on your mum for sticking with roxy so many rescues end up back in rescues it must have been hard work to get her to trust again poor lamb..like fazza said tho it must be very rewarding seeing them turn around :love:
Back to top Go down
BrenA

BrenA

Female
Number of posts : 7509
Rep : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Yes she is a lovely dog so loving and just what my mum needed :love: My mum wanted a small dog when we went to the rescue centre She even picked another dog and was going to go back for him I saw Roxy and new she was the one even although she was the complete opposite to what we went looking for I am a great believer in fate and when we went back for the smaller dog they told us that someone else was coming back for that one later I then talked my mum in to having Roxy
Back to top Go down
liverbird
Admin
Admin
liverbird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 pm

i had a collie x lab called roxy a few years back lol
she was such a character too
:love:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever rescued?   Who here has ever rescued? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here has ever rescued?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next